Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 13 The Sinister Urge
Film watched: The Sinister Urge
, with short Keeping Clean and Neat
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Frank and potato cakes.
- Brain Bleach: The scene in which porn director Johnny Ride gave mannish porn mogul Gloria Henderson a long kiss.
Servo: Please, Mike, cover my eyes.
Crow: That's it. I'm gonna be a monk.
(Crow and Servo make gagging noises as they kiss.)
- Call Back:
- Genius Bonus: Mike's riff, "Smut! I'll show ya smut!" is one of the most obscure MST3K riffs. (It was a line uttered by Hawkeye in an episode of Mash that was partly drowned out by other bickering characters.)
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Crow's reaction to Harvey B. Dunn, who had previously appeared in Teenagers from Outer Space and Bride of the Monster.
Crow: OH GOODIE!!! THIS GUY!!!!
- Hostage Situation: TV's Frank sets this up after being inspired by movies like In the Line of Fire, Blown Away and Speed.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall/Mythology Gag: Mike laughs at a car grill, commenting, "Jet Jaguar!" Crow laughs for a moment, "Hey, it is!", then quizzically asks, "How would you know?!" Joel, not Mike, was on the Satellite of Love for Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- Let's Kick It Into KLINE OVERDRIVE!: Invoked by Crow when Kline fights Dirk during a sting operation. Unfortunately, Johnny intervenes.
- Only it wasn't Kline. It was an unnamed undercover officer played by a different actor.
- Padding: It is an Ed Wood film, after all.
Mike and the Bots are watching prolonged footage of the outside of a police station
Crow: Ah. Ed Wood agonized over this scene.
Mike: And now we are.
The scene continues for several more seconds
Crow: This is why Ed Wood gets final cut!
- Police Are Useless
Servo: Sir, shouldn't we get back to the office and speculate?
- Take That:
Gloria: In church?! Don't tell me that they're peddling those pictures in church!
Mike: That market is saturated.
- Worth It: Mike and the 'bots state watching Gloria getting caught in an obvious lie and her reaction to seeing Dirk was worth the pain of watching the movie.
"Dirk? No, that can't be Dirk... uh-uh... no... that's not Dirk... no."