Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 13 The Sinister Urge
Film watched: The Sinister Urge, with short Keeping Clean and Neat
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Frank and potato cakes.
- Brain Bleach: The scene in which porn director Johnny Ride gave mannish porn mogul Gloria Henderson a long kiss.Servo: Please, Mike, cover my eyes.Crow: That's it. I'm gonna be a monk.(Crow and Servo make gagging noises as they kiss.)
- Call Back:TV's Frank: (to Forrester) HAHAHAHAHAHA - You're stuck here!
- Felony Misdemeanor:Crow: If they're arresting these guys, imagine the arrests they could make at the beach!
- Genius Bonus: Mike's riff, "Smut! I'll show ya smut!" is one of the most obscure MST3K riffs. (It was a line uttered by Hawkeye in an episode of Mash that was partly drowned out by other bickering characters.)
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Crow's reaction to Harvey B. Dunn, who had previously appeared in Teenagers from Outer Space and Bride of the Monster.Crow: OH GOODIE!!! THIS GUY!!!!(Servo chuckles.)
- Hostage Situation: TV's Frank sets this up after being inspired by movies like In the Line of Fire, Blown Away and Speed.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall/Mythology Gag: Mike laughs at a car grill, commenting, "Jet Jaguar!" Crow laughs for a moment, "Hey, it is!", then quizzically asks, "How would you know?!" Joel, not Mike, was on the Satellite of Love for Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- Let's Kick It Into KLINE OVERDRIVE!: Invoked by Crow when Kline fights Dirk during a sting operation. Unfortunately, Johnny intervenes.
- Only it wasn't Kline. It was an unnamed undercover officer played by a different actor.
- Padding: It is an Ed Wood film, after all.Mike and the Bots are watching prolonged footage of the outside of a police stationCrow: Ah. Ed Wood agonized over this scene.Mike: And now we are.The scene continues for several more secondsCrow: This is why Ed Wood gets final cut!
- Poke the Poodle: "Big Ethel" is coerced into doing porn, but...Crow: They put her in more clothes than she's ever had in her life!
- Police Are UselessServo: Sir, shouldn't we get back to the office and speculate?
- Take That:Gloria: In church?! Don't tell me that they're peddling those pictures in church!Mike: That market is saturated.
- Worth It: Mike and the 'bots state watching Gloria getting caught in an obvious lie and her reaction to seeing Dirk was worth the pain of watching the movie.