Recap / Farscape S 03 E 07 Thanks For Sharing
Season 3, Episode 7
Thanks for Sharing
Moya and Talyn recuperate in orbit about a politically tumultuous planet where they must negotiate with its xenophobic inhabitants for chromextin vital to their living ships' repair. When one of the planet's leaders is nearly assassinated while meeting with one of the Crichtons, the other Crichton undergoes a potentially fatal lie detector test in order to aid in the negotiations. When the crew discovers that a Peacekeeper retrieval squad is coming for Talyn, the ships and the crew are forced to separate and head off into different parts of the Uncharted Territories: Crais, Aeryn, Stark, Rygel and one of the Crichtons aboard Talyn, and D'Argo, Chiana, Jool and the other Crichton aboard Moya.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Breaking the Fellowship: The crew is forced to split up at the end of the episode. The next ten episodes alternate between each group (save a two-parter for the Talyn group) before reuniting in "Fractures".
- Cloning Blues
- Color-Coded Characters: Aeryn gives one Crichton a black shirt and the other green so everyone can tell them apart.
- Kill and Replace: The mercenary tracker does this to Sarova after the bombing attempt.
- Noir Episode: The plot, characters and perpetually rain-lashed city all refer to the genre.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Tolven is introduced aggressively hitting on Chiana and treating her like a prostitute.
- The disabled Pralanoth and his manipulative daughter Sarova are Expies of General Sternwood and his daughter Carmen from The Big Sleep.
- Crichton, while naming various alien villains, namedrops the Skeksis. May not be a surprise, since both Farscape and Dark Crystal are produced by Henson Company. It doubles as a Call Back to "Out of their Minds," as the Halosians bore a strong resemblance to the Skeksis.