Recap: Farscape S 03 E 06 Eat Me
Season 3, Episode 6
Moya encounters a sick, Peacekeeper-controlled Leviathan that houses criminally insane prisoners, and a villain capable of "twinning" people in order to use them as food. The crew manage to escape the Leviathan in time, but thanks to the twinning, Moya now has two completely identical John Crichtons aboard.
Tropes in this episode:
- Ambiguous Clone Ending: Discussed at the end when the D'Argo and Chiana who survived wonder whether they are real or copies, and if it matters.
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: Jool tries to shoot herself out of sheer terror. John and Chiana are... dubiously uncaring.
- Brain Food: Kaarvok has a slightly more hi-tech way of doing this.
- Clone Degradation: The mutants are the result of Kaarvok twinning the Peacekeeper crew too frequently.
- Epic Fail: Jool's never touched a gun before this episode, but that doesn't explain how she's able to miss herself while holding the pulse rifle to her head!
- Expendable Clone: Played with - one Chiana has no hesitation in fleeing while Kaarvok kills the other, but feels guilty about it afterwards. Played straighter when neither John nor Chiana seem to care much about the D'Argo who died after they find the surviving one.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Being twinned and repeatedly having one of your duplicates killed and eaten until you're a mindless cannibal. Also, the Pilot having his arms repeatedly chopped off and eaten every time they regrow.
- Faux Affably Evil: Kaarvok is the "prattle casually about the hideous things you're going to do to people" kind of serial killer.
- Genre Shift: This episode is pure horror, and does a sub-genre shift within that as well - it starts off as a Zombie Apocalypse story and becomes a Slasher Movie when Kaarvok is introduced.
- Ghost Ship
- I'm a Humanitarian
- Late to the Tragedy
- Mercy Kill: Begged for by Rovhu's Pilot, and finally given to Rovhu by Crichton.
- Reset Button: The two Crichtons' survival is the most triumphant aversion of this in the whole of Farscape.
- Tailor-Made Prison
- Teach Her Anger: Chiana tries to do this to Jool by Pistol-Whipping her. It doesn't work.
- What Does This Button Do?: Jool causing all the episode's problems by messing with the transport pod's controls.