"I am [Full Name]! I [Verb] [Nouns]!"A variation inserts the character's role or vocation:
"I am [Full Name]. I'm a [Job Tag]. I [Verb] [Nouns]."This trope echoes the old military tradition of revealing nothing to your captors but "name, rank and serial number," as well as the poetry of saga. See also Badass Creed. Not to be confused with Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!, which is usually much wordier. Compare I Am X, Son of Y and Large Ham Title ("I'm [Full Name], [Noun Verber]!") with which this can be combined ("I'm [Full Name], [Noun Verber] — I [Verb] [Noun]s.")
- All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder - "Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman."
- X-Factor - "I'm Layla Miller. I know stuff."
- X-Men - I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!
- Daredevil and Spider-Man supporting character Ben Urich, "investigative reporter for the Daily Bugle."
Urich: I've been saying that for so long I feel like "investigative reporter for the Daily Bugle" is my last name.
- Apocalypto: - "My name is Jaguar Paw. I am a hunter."
- Bonnie and Clyde: - "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."
- The Doors: - "I'm the Lizard King. I can do anything."
- In A Fish Called Wanda, - "I'm Harvey Manfren-gen-sen-ten. I'm, uh... with the CIA".
- And then, in Fierce Creatures - "My name is Rollo Lee, and as of yesterday, I have assumed command of this zoo."
- Gladiator: - "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of etc etc..."
- Lawrence of Arabia :
Auda : I am Auda Abu Tayi, does Auda serve?Lawrence : Lawrence. I've been seconded to the Arab Bureau.
- Parodied a few times in Mystery Men, particularly in the Terrible Interviewees Montage.
I... am the Waffler. With my griddle of justice, I bash the enemy in the head, or I burn them like so! I also have some truth syrup, which is low in fat.
- The Prophecy - Christopher Walken, as Gabriel, has a great one.
I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls. And from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never understanding why.
- Public Enemies: - "I'm John Dillinger. I rob banks."
- Pulp Fiction - "I'm Winston Wolf. I solve problems."
- The Rock :
Stanley Goodspeed : I'm an agent with the federal, FBI, well... I'm Stanley Goodspeed.John Mason : But of course you are.note
- Shutter Island : - "My name is EDWARD DANIELS !"(twice). Later : - "My name is Andrew Laeddis. And I murdered my wife in the spring of fifty two".
- In Pitch Black, there are two in the same scene.
Paris: Paris P. Ogilvie. Antiquities dealer. Entrepeneur.Riddick: Richard B. Riddick. Escaped convict. Murderer.
- In Sky High, Ron Wilson, bus driver, always refers to himself as "Ron Wilson, bus driver."
- Disney's Hercules:
Hades: Name is Hades. Lord of the dead. Hey, how you doin'?
- The Lorax: "I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees."
- The Wheel of Time: "I am Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn."
- Danger Man varies the order a bit: "A messy job? That's when they usually call on me or someone like me. Oh, yes - my name is Drake. John Drake."
- Doctor Who:
- - "I'm The Doctor. I make things better."
- And "Harriet Jones, MP Flydale North," later "Prime Minister" and former Prime Minister.
- Dragnet: "My name's Friday. I carry a badge."
- Saturday Night Live: I am Lothar, of the Hill People. Much have I seen, and much have I done.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - [threateningly] "Maybe you didn't read the crew roster, but my name is Dax, and I'm the new science officer on this garbage scow, and you were in my seat."
- "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
- The Nostalgia Critic - "Hello, I'm the Nostalgia Critic. I remember it, so you don't have to."
- MadWorld: I'm Jack. I don't help people. I kill them.
- Monkey Island: "I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate!"
- Sam & Max: Freelance Police: I'm Sam. This is Max. We bust punks.
- Team Fortress 2: "I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And this is my weapon."
- "I'm an Engineer, that means I solve problems."
- Twisted Metal: "I am Calypso, and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal!"
- 8-Bit Theater: I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that make the people fall down!
- Girl Genius: OTHAR TRYGGVASSEN, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!''
- Questionable Content - "My name is Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham. I end messes."
- DuckTales, "Armstrong": "I. AM. ARMSTRONG. I. AM. YOUR FRIEND!!!"
- Looney Tunes - "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius."
- Megas XLR - "I am Ender. I end things."
- Transformers Animated - "I am Wreck-Gar. I dare to be stupid."
- Metalocalypse: "I'm Doctor Rockzo the Rock N' Roll Clown! I do cocaine!"
- The Fairly OddParents: "I'm Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome."