open/close all folders
Films — Animation
- In An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Native American mice shoot fire crackers at a hawk, blowing it out of the sky, and a few seconds later some mice are shown carrying a fully-cooked and beheaded roasted hawk.
- In Mulan, Mushu breathes fire on Shang Yu's hawk, leaving it featherless. It even appears headless for a moment, as it had tucked it into its neck.
Now that's what I call Mongolian barbecue.
- In Ice Age: The Meltdown, a dodo that was crossing over an area laden with geyser pits gets turned into a roast chicken after one such geyser goes off under it.
- Played with in The Croods, an ostrich-like predatory bird is slammed into the ground by a snare, making a huge spread of feathers that obscures the screen. When they fade, the bird has been roasted and the Croods are ravenously (and literally) tearing through it.
- In Munchkin, the monster "Giant Angry Chicken" is worth one extra level if it is defeated by flame. Yummy fried chicken!
- In Drol, shooting a flying turkey turns it into a nice roast.
- In Devil World, Tamagon can breathe fire on the Faceless Eye to turn it into a tasty fried egg. (The Japanese term for fried egg literally means "cooked eyeball.")
- In Minecraft, anything that normally drops raw meatnote will instead drop cooked meat if they're burned to death.
- In the Light Gun game Cheyenne, shooting a Bison causes it to turn into a hamburger with the score for it below, before disappearing.
- "Pilgrim's Bounty", World of Warcraft's Thanksgiving event, has turkeys that can be hunted. When killed, they turn into a fully-dressed roast.
- One reward for completing the event is a non-combat pet that features the same turkey model. Under ordinary circumstances it's fine, but if it comes within a certain radius of a cooking fire it will leap upon it and instantly turn itself into a roast. Now that's efficiency!
- Really, any mob that uses the turkey model is capable of this trope. Turkey pet killed in a pet battle? Instant roast! Kill the turkeys in Howling Fjord for the achievement? Instant roast for each one! Get transformed into a turkey and get killed (or feign death) while in that form? You become an instant roast! Oh, and fire isn't required; any method of killing will do.
- In Psychonauts, killing various critters (birds, squirrels, etc.) with Pyrokinesis turns them into miniature roasts which restore health.
- Scribblenauts: Whenever livestock such as pigs, cows, and chicken go near fire, they turn into cooked meat.
- In at least one SNES Astérix platformer, punching a boar turned it into a roast, healing the player character when eaten.
- In Asterix for the Sega Master System, the last punch thrown by Asterix in the first Boss Battle transforms a wild boar into a roast which is presented to Obelix in the following cutscene.
- In Duke Nukem I, shooting the chicken item turns it into a perfect roast worth much more health. Shooting it again destroys it.
- In Toki, shooting down the flying turkey Bungataras roasts it into a nice bonus food item.
- One of the segments from the Homestar Runner cartoon "Summer Short Shorts", a Powered by the Cheat cartoon taking place in "The Millionzoic Era", has The Cheat as a dinosaur drinking lava from a volcano and breathing fire onto caveman versions of Homestar, Marzipan and Strong Bad. Homestar and Marzipan turn into a chicken leg and a steak respectively, while Strong Bad is briefly left with an Ash Face. Then Strong Bad says "Ooh, me too! I am not exempt," and turns into a lobster tail.
- One Cool McCool villain is the Owl, a human in an owl costume with two real owls, one on each shoulder. In the episode titled "How Now Foul Owl," the villain accidentally gets blasted by his own henchman, and the two owls are both transformed into roasts resembling a couple of cooked chickens, still on their master's shoulders. (They get better.)
- Done in Timon & Pumbaa with vicious guinea fowl, first by a fiery discharge from Timon's rocket booster which fried several birds, then by setting the rocket-propelled car to explode, finishing off the lot of them. Timon even takes a bite out of a guinea fowl drumstick at one point.
- In Tiny Toon Adventures, an American bald eagle incinerated by some fireworks bears a striking resemblance to a Thanksgiving turkey.
- Done in the Woody Woodpecker short "The Hollywood Matador," by Woody simply running headfirst into a charging bull.
- In the Tex Avery short "One Cab's Family", a speeding car hits a pig and a chicken, which land back as a plate of ham and eggs.
- In the Mickey Mouse (2013) short "The Adorable Couple", Donald and Daisy become roast ducks when the sun shines too brightly.
- In "Duck the Halls", Mickey and the gang crash Santa's sleigh and believe that Donald has gotten roasted in the crash. Donald turns out to be alive, and the roast was actually another duck sunbathing in the raw.
- In the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "The Fry Cook Games," Patrick's pole-vaulting stunt ends with him, landing on a handle of a deep fryer, sending the hat fluid into the spectators and turning them into fish sticks.