Abra-Castastrophe was the first made for TV film of The Fairly Oddparents
. Because Timmy has managed to keep his fairies for a whole year without allowing anyone to find them, all the major magical creatures he's met by this point
throw him a Fairy-versery in celebration. Among a number of gifts he receives, the Fairy-versery Muffin is the most potent. Essentially, eating it will allow for one rule-free wish.What could possibly go wrong?
The Movie shows examples of:
- Arch-Enemy: This is arguably the most dangerous that Crocker has ever been to Timmy.
- Ax-Crazy: Crocker
- Big Bad: Crocker
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Invoked by Timmy.
- Call Back:
- In the episode that introduced Crocker, he imagines he is dressed in a villianous suit with deadly weapons. In this movie, when he captured Wanda, guess what type of suit he decided to wear
- Also back to the episode that introduced Crocker, he imagined himself living in a golden palace and turning Principal Waxelplax and Miss Pluckner into smoking piles of ash. In the movie, he gave himself a golden palace and, when he turned two students into ice sculptures, he said he was thinking about smoking piles of ash. It seems even he cannot break the Thou Shalt Not Kill rule.
- Chekhov's Armory: The Fairy-versery gifts
- Chekhov's Gun: "If it can fly and has wings, a butterfly net can catch it."
- Conspicuous CGI: There are a few instances, one of which would be the school catching on fire.
- Crapsack World: Slavesdale, by Crocker.
- Darker and Edgier: The consequences are really threatening, Crocker is more evil and almost achieves its goals. In fact, Timmy has no choice but to deal with it without the help of his fairy godparents.
- Egopolis: Crockerville when Crocker takes over the world.
- Either World Domination or Something about Bananas: Trope Namer.
"He either said, 'Make humans the dominant species on Earth again,' or he just wanted a banana. I dunno, I could be paraphrasing."
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: At least as far as Bippy is concerned.
- Exact Words: Timmy's dad says that he'll tear apart Crocker with his bare hands. Crocker sighs and gives him bear hands.
- Hurricane of Puns: Mostly in the monkey-ruled alternate future. It got so bad that Timmy made a note to wish for a world without puns if he got out of his current mess.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Unintentionally caused by Timmy's dad due to Crocker misunderstanding what he meant.
- Kick the Dog: Crocker gets this point when kidnaps and tortures Wanda to use as a source of power.
- Knight of Cerebus: You believe it or not, Crocker becomes in a more real threat than it was before. And indeed, he is willing at all costs to want to convert to a 10 year old boy in an inanimate object.
- MacGuffin: The Magic Fairy-versery Muffin.
- Mid-Battle Tea Break: Features one and the Former Trope Name named was Crocker Tea Breaker
- The Movie: This was the first made for television movie for the Fairly OddParents.
- Near Villain Victory
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Crocker receives this from Timmy's parents after Cosmo and Wanda return to Fairy World and Crocker is powerless.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Crocker
- The Earth ruled by monkeys and apes?
- Several during Timmy's Dream Sequence at the start. These include Star Wars, Spider-Man, and Jurassic Park
- A couple possible shout outs to 1984: Crocker mentions that Fairies can make two plus two equal fish, and later on, every one wears overalls. Obey Ape Overlord is similar to Big Brother is Watching You, too.
- When Timmy and Crocker battle each other, Timmy is dressed like Moon Knight when he fights Crocker and Crocker is dressed like Galactus.
- Status Quo Is God: The only way to save his Godparents from Crocker is to admit their existence to his parents, thereby causing Cosmo and Wanda to go away forever...then Timmy just eats the Wish-Granting Muffin and wishes the two back, and with them pressed the Reset Button.
- Took a Level in Badass: Crocker.
- Trope Namer: Named one of the three tropes that the series did. Which one? Take a guess.
- What Happened To The Monkey?: Bippy, despite being A.J.'s pet and having a major part in the movie is never mentioned again. After Crocker's changes to the world are undone, Bippy is seen carrying a wagonful of muffins. He drops one.
- Weaksauce Weakness: This is where they introduce the fact that fairies can be trapped and made powerless under a butterfly net.