Anime & Manga
- In Robin Tim's first girlfriend Ariana attends a magnet school for the performing and visual arts that she and her fellow students love. The school itself is never seen but she's quick to gush about it to Tim's public school friends.
- The Trope Codifier is of course Harry Potter's Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Wizarding School both in-universe and beyond.
- Ready Player One is more focused on the OASIS in general, though the protagonist, Wade Watts, starts out living in the stacks, a combination urban ghetto, third-world slum and trailer park, but attending school on the virtual planet Ludus. The planet has many carbon-copy school buildings and is as mundane as a school in virtual reality can get, though Ludus' schools do have a class dedicated to completing what is essentially the entire plot of the book.
- Wayside School is a thirty-story building, built sideways by an apologetic builder. It also has "no" Nineteenth Floor and the students and teachers are just as weird.
Web Video & Animation
- 16-bit High School is a school for video game characters.
- RWBY and the spinoff RWBY Chibi have Beacon Academy, where they train Huntsmen to fight The Grimm. Much vague referencing of fairy tales while fighting like a badass with anime style and flair ensues, as does Cerebus Syndrome.
- Video Game High School takes place in a world where eSports are bigger than the FIFA World Cup, and the titular school teaches students to play video games at a professional level.
- In the Navy, sailors learn to sail aboard Training Ships. If you're thinking of writing about one and it isn't in space or otherwise not Like Reality Unless Noted, the real life "Ship Prefix" is... TS Name of Ship. Otherwise, feel free to use a Fantastic Ship Prefix.
- Most Universities that are well known for their prestige and/or zany student pranks.
- If you went to college to get away from home, there's probably a bit of this in your mind.
Examples Need Clarification Badly