open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Star Wars:
- The Jedi Temple, serving to train potential Jedi Knights. "Younglings" and "Padawan" not only learned to master the force, but also included flight lessons.
- The Imperial Academy; it trains TIE Fighter pilots. Luke wished to go there (the fact that Luke, who claims to hate the Empire, is planning to go there shows just how desperate he is to leave the desert world he grew up on), and Biggs actually trained there (then defected). The Expanded Universe reveals that Han Solo also trained there.
- In the Expanded Universe, once the New Republic was set up, they had their version of the Academy.
- The Battle School of Ender's Game.
- Ciaphas Cain was taught how to be a commissar at the Schola Progenium, and later goes on to teach at one on Perlia (where he has a rather understandable 100% Heroism Rating after single handedly breaking the back of an Orc invasion there) after retiring.
- Robert A. Heinlein's Space Cadet has the PRS James Randolph, a space ship that serves as the space academy.
- Saganami Island in the Honor Harrington series, where the officers of the Royal Manticoran Navy are trained, and where Honor herself was an instructor for a while.
- The Imperial Military Academy ("We don't march towards the future, we charge it.") in the Vorkosigan Saga
Live Action TV
- Any Star Trek series will probably reference Starfleet Academy at some point (except Star Trek: Enterprise, which takes place before the academy was founded), and it featured prominently in the 2009 movie.
- Earthforce Academy in Babylon 5. It also included the "Air Dome", a premiere pilot training center and its Officer Training School.
- The Starcademy in Space Cases. The show also stars two teachers and several cadets from said school.
- Tom Corbett: Space Cadet, with a dose of Edutainment Show as well.
- Star Trek: Starfleet Academy features the eponymous institution.
- The Elite Command Academy, the Klingon's counterpart to the Federation institution in Star Trek: Klingon Academy.
- The Terran Confederation Academy in Wing Commander. The animation Wing Commander Academy in particular features Academy cadets as the main characters.
- MechQuest's GEARS Academy.
- Space Quest V starts at the Starcon Academy.
- In Star Trek Online Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy are major features of Earth and Qo'noS respectively, with instruction-related duty officer assignments and a daily event to teach cadets about gathering particle samples that rewards dilithium.
- The Plumber's Academy from the later Ben 10 series.
- The setting of a Poorly Disguised Pilot for Crash Nebula! on The Fairly OddParents!.
- The Space Ranger Academy of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
- A flashback episode of Sym-Bionic Titan featured one, as a seeming homage to Ender's Game.
- Transformers Animated has an Autobot Academy where young bots get trained for duty. Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Wasp were all in the same class. Bulkhead and Bee graduated, while Wasp was caught for a crime and expelled, leaving him very embittered.