The movie itself
- Green Day's barge sinking, and the band pulling out violins & playing "Nearer My God to Thee" as they plunge to their deaths in Lake Springfield.
- The Light of God misses Grandpa at first, so it moves over to him.
- Everything Grandpa does with his prophecy, and everything afterwards related to his prophecy is gut-bustingly funny.
Grandpa (unknowingly referring to himself): "That crazy old man in church was right!"
Lisa: Dad, do something!
- The scene in Church where Grampa is ranting:
Homer: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
- Lisa tries to spread the word of the dangers of pollution:
Old woman: Well, if it isn't the girl who saved my cat.Lisa: Lake Springfield—(Lady slams door in Lisa's face)
- "He's not Bono."
- The Comic Book Guy's guess as to what EPA stands for: "I believe it was the sound the Green Lantern made when Sinestro threw him into a vat of acid. Eeeeeeee....pah!"
- "Yes, we even advertise during movies now."
- Bart's naked skateboard ride. That would be all, but we decided to be more specific:
Ralph: I like men now!
- When a nude Bart skateboards past Ralph...
- "DON'T LOOK WHERE I'M POINTING!"
- There's something about the black box in the censored version that read "European Version Only" that made it exponentially funnier.
- Also when Bart crashes into the windows of Krusty Burger:
Flanders: Boys, before we eat, Don't forget to thank the Lord for this bountiful-Bart crashes into the window, as Flanders' french fry cleverly censors his penis.Flanders: PENIS?!Rod and Todd: Bountiful penis. Amen.
- Note the humorous irony in that since they didn't even need to censor Bart's wing-ding considering they just showed it in full no less than a minute ago.
- Even funnier is that every single depiction of the future has Tod and Rod being Camp Gay.
- When Nude Bart is cuffed by the police Nelson comes over and laughs at him...for several hours, and Nelson's laughing is starting to grow weak and tired.
- Then his mom comes along and continues his laugh for him.
- "Spider pig, spider pig / Does whatever a spider pig does./ Can he swing / from a web? / No he can't / He's a pig. / Look ooooooout. / He is spider pig."
- It was apparently a common occurrence in the theaters, for the entire audience to break out into song because of its popularity in advertising, making this moment even more hilarious.
- After Homer dumps the pig silo into Lake Springfield, the lake instantaneously becomes toxic and forms a skull yelling "Eeeeeeeevil!!"
- Thinking that they are all going to die, everyone from the bar runs to the church, and vice versa.
- A guy trying to figure out whether he should stay in Springfield with his family or escape to freedom when the dome is first being lowered. He just gets crushed by its edge.
Guy: I never saw Venice!
- When the dome first traps Springfield and Cargill reveals himself
Slideshow Mel: What ruthless madman could've done this to us?!Russ Cargill: The United States Government. (Cargill appears on a huge screen) My name is Russ Cargill and Iím head of the EPA.Moe: The what?Russ Cargill: Environmental Protection Agency.Lenny: Come again?Russ Cargill: Look, I'm a man on a big TV! Just listen! Springfield has become...Random Citizen: Whoo! Springfield!Russ Cargill: ...the most polluted city in the history of the planet.Krusty: Drama Queen!Russ Cargill: To prevent your poisons from spreading, the government has decided to seal you all within this dome. (Citizens gasp) Believe me, it's the last thing we wanted to do. I do own the company that makes the dome, but that's beside the point.Moe: What're you tellin' us, we're trapped like rats?!Russ Cargill: No. Rats can't be trapped this easily. You're trapped like...carrots.Lisa: Wait! We couldn't be more polluted! Everybody stopped dumping in the lake!Russ Cargill: Apparently, someone didn't get the message.Homer: [aside to Plopper] Act natural...Carl: Hey, sooner or later, people are gonna discover this.Russ Cargill: Don't worry, we have a way to take you off the map.(cut to someone driving a car)GPS: And to your right... nothing. (Driver looks at GPS in confusion)
- When Colin appears in the mob with a bouquet of flowers for Lisa:
Carl: Oh here, let me get that for you. (Uses his torch to turn the bouquet into another torch)
- This exchange regarding the angry mob:
Grandpa: I'm part of the mob!
- Homer trying to scare the angry mob who are trying to break through the door by making chainsaw noises.
Stand back, I've got a chainsaw! NEM-NEM-NEM-NEMNEMNEM. NE-NE-NE *People look through holes in door* nem-nem-nem-neee. Uh-oh.
- Plopper is nudging the plank the Simpsons are using to escape.
Homer: No, Plopper. If you push that, Daddy will die!
(Pig looks at Homer, then pushes the plank, causing the Simpsons to fall to the ground.)
- Homer Flipping the Bird to the Angry Mob (on the edited TV version, his middle fingers become balled-up fists), with both hands, as he escapes down a sinkhole, then getting stuck.
- "The top of his head is sticking out. Let's claw at it!"
- "Lisa's got a boy-friend, that she'll never see agai..." *PUNCH*
- The delivery makes this line, but it's still good enough to bear quoting:
EPA Official: Sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power.
Russ Cargill: Of course I have! You ever tried going mad without power? It's boring! No one listens to you!
- He wants 10,000 tough guys, and he wants 10,000 soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher. And here's how he wants them arranged: Tough, tough, soft, tough, soft, soft, tough, tough, soft, soft, tough, soft.
- A hilarious slapstick moment happens a little earlier. After the official announces that they lost the Simpsons, Cargill throws his binoculars at him in anger... only for them to bounce off the dome and smack Cargill in the face.
- Homer's speech to his family in the motel room where they're hiding saying "This is America!", while all the signs in the background are in different languages.
- The part with the wanted poster. You know what part we mean.
- "We have a perfect life in Alaska and we're never going back to America again!"
- "Grand Theft Walrus".
- The To Be Continued Right Now moment where it fades to black with Homer stranded on a block of ice, only for the movie to resume in a minute. Amusingly enough, when the film first came out several theatergoers initially fell for fake cliffhanger.
- As the polar bear is driven away from Homer by the Medicine Woman, it kicks a fox as it walks off.
- When Bart puts a bra on his head
- "Hey guys, I found someone! The government finally found someone we're looking for! YEAH, BABY, YEAH!"
- "Thank you, Boob Lady!"
- The part with the dog sled.
Homer: Why does everything I whip leave me?!
- "Rest! (whip) Rest! (whip) Rest! (whip)"
- Homer's road signs.
Driver: There's something strange about that Sop Sign.
- "We can't keep stopping at every Sop, Yeld, or One Vay sign!"
- Homer on a wrecking ball swinging between a rock and a bar called "A Hard Place".
- Homer dressing up in a uniform he apparently borrowed from a hotel doorman in order to try and trick a soldier.
Homer: Hello, I'm General... (checks his name tag) Marriott Suites. I have an urgent message from the President. It says to release this town immediately! (hands something to the soldier)Soldier: Why's it written on a leaf? (holds up a leaf with the words "release this town" written on it)Homer: Uh... (punches soldier out)
- After the townspeople fail to escape the dome thanks to Homer.
Cargill I was tricked by an idiot!Cletus: I know just how you feel. I was beat at tic-tac-toe by a chicken.note
- Homer, upset that he ruined the Springfielders' attempt to escape, kicks the time bomb... whose time limit is cut in half because of it. Naturally, everyone's pissed off.
Krusty: GET OUTTA HERE!
- The Springfield Police Department's bomb defusing robot stealing Wiggum's pistol & killing itself, after the pressure gets too much.
- "He always talked about it, but I never took him seriously!"
- One of the most unheard/unexpected lines in Simpsons history:
Marge Simpson: Somebody throw the goddamn bomb!
- Martin beating the hell out of the three bullies at the end.
"That felt good. No wonder you do it."
- The tense scene where Homer and Bart are nearing the opening of the dome is suddenly interrupted by Otto smoking a bong.
Otto: Wha? Whuzz goin on?
- Bart and Homer throw the nuke out of the dome = Everybody cheers. The nuke falls back down and bounces around the hole = Everybody goes Oh, Crap!. It lands safely on the side of the dome = Everybody sighs in relief.
Chief Wiggum: It's amazing that no one was hurt!cue Dr. Nick getting crushed by a giant shard of glassDr Nick: Bye everybody! (keels over)
- The mass Oh, Crap! is made funnier by the entire town imitating Joe Besser.
- Santa's Little Helper appears at the end of the film (having been absent the whole movie) and Bart hugs him while saying "You survived! How?" and Santa's Little Helper barks in response with subtitles added.
Santa's Little Helper: I did things no dog should do. They will haunt me forever.Bart: I love you too.
- The ending where Homer hammers the nail into his crotch.
- From Tom Hanks's special message to Springfield: "And remember, if you see me in the streets: please, leave me be!"
- The citizens of Springfield rioting throughout the town, and barging into the DMV. Upon which, they form an orderly line.
- (Takes a puff out of cigarette) "Next." (Cue full blown chaos)
- The deleted scene where Homer hitches a ride in the back of a sausage truck. He gets out and waves a friendly goodbye to the driver. The completely unsuspecting driver then decides to check on his sausages. He walks around the truck singing a little song about checking on his sausages, opens the door... cue Big "NO!".