open/close all folders
"We Are The Crystal Gems (Extended Intro)"
- Greg hands Pearl a bottle of water. Pearl, puzzled, hands it off to Amethyst, who exclaims "Aw yes!", splashes the water in her face, and then eats the bottle.
- Steven hands Amethyst a plate full of food. Amethyst puts the entire thing (plate included) in her mouth, then spits the plate back out... with a chunk bitten out of it.
- Lion tries (and fails) to fit into various cardboard boxes like a common housecat.
- Lars: "Ahh! Again!?
- Jamie the mailman hamming it up when he delivers Steven's package. Then asking if he can have a copy of the video for his "reel".
- Steven describes his new bag as "six-and-a-half hot dogs long. For all you international viewers, that's about seven metric bratwursts."
- Steven trying to continue his video while the Gems are fighting the Slinker from "Reformed" just off-screen.
- Amethyst being thrown across the room in the background while Steven is recording.
- "Nice mass."
- Garnet smacking Amethyst over the head to demonstrate how Gems get "poofed".
- Amethyst faking out the audience by acting like she's about to give them The Talk: "When a mommy Gem and a daddy Gem love each other very much... PSYCH!"
- Pearl getting so wrapped up in apologizing for any damage the injectors at the Kindergarten did to Earth that Garnet just picks her up and walks away.
- Steven getting distracted by imagining what the Gems would look like as babies.
- Garnet introducing the short by punching through the title card.
- Pearl and Amethyst childishly squabbling after they de-fuse.
- The whole thing shown as an in-universe YouTube video.
- Steven has to improvise with his sushi roll because Lion ate all the tuna and then threw it up into his shoes.
- The cuts to Lion with Steven pretending to speak as him.
- When Steven finishes making his Snack Sushi, Lion knocks him aside and eats all of it with Steven crying out that Lion needs to savor the flavors.
- In the next video, Steven will show the viewer how to make Cookie Cats.
- Steven reacts to a new episode of Crying Breakfast Friends. The set-up is exactly like a "react" recap from Youtube. There are plenty of loving digs at the fandom.
"I can't wait until the next episode, whenever that is, am I right?"
- The head writer for CBF is "Samantha Pepper".
- And then, inevitably, we got react videos to Steven's react video.
- Then we got Steven reacting to other internet videos (one such example being this).
- Meta, but the fact that the video got removed... by a copyright strike from CN!
- Peridot's wifi setup for the barn (a satellite dish on another device on top of a lawnmower in the yard running randomly) and what little of the story we hear of her setting it up, which involved her in a situation in which she had to run from something large that bit her.
- When Peridot shows Lapis the video chat, how does she react? She notices that Steven is trapped in the screen and attempts to free him, to the point of getting ready to use a baseball bat.
Lapis: I'll save you Steven! I'll save you like you saved me!
- After rushing to the barn to prevent Lapis from breaking Peridot's tablet, Steven sees Lion sniffing at the laptop through the video chat. In true cat fashion, Lion knocks it to the floor causing Steven to freak out because he's borrowing it from Connie and runs off back home.
- It ends with Lapis commenting that Steven should be careful with other people's stuff, while she's still holding the baseball bat she was going to use to smash Peridot's tablet with.
- The dueling sassy stances between the Gems, particularly Steven's and Pearl's.
- Connie going full large ham when she finally works up the courage to sing.
- The callback of them singing the song from "Sadie's Song."
- At the beginning of the short, Pearl's having trouble entering the song on the karaoke machine (she didn't press "start"). At the end, she discovers she entered the same song 15 times.
- "IF I TURNED OFF CAPITAL LETTERS HOW WOULD YOU KNOW I'M SHOUTING?"
- "MY HANDS FEEL LIKE THAT TIME I PUT THEM IN A TOASTER!"
- "DEAR INTERNET I BECOME MORE AND MORE IMPORTANT EVERY DAY"
- Peridot can hear the race from "Beach City Drift" all the way from the barn. It interrupts her 1000-page essay about her hatred of Paulette.
- She calls the barn she and Lapis are staying at "OUR BEAUTIFUL RECLUSIVE DIAMOND-AND BATHROOM-FREE COUNTRYSIDE BARN".
- To get to the barn roof to investigate the noise, Peridot rides a trash can lid.
- A pizza being delivered to Peridot and Lapis and the pizza deliverer asking them to pay. Since none of them have money or know what money is, Peridot typed quotation marks on each word to stall for time until she figures out what money means. When the pizza deliverer tell them it's on the house, Peridot says the pizza is in her hands.
- She then says she's just running with it. Then you realize what kind of Gem Peridot is. The next few tweets reveal she went LITERALLY running around with it. For two days (see below).
- Two days after receiving the pizza, Peridot is still holding it and running around. The next few tweets suggest she learned about "BEES", "SNAKES", and "CARS" by getting hurt by them.
- For "Alone at Sea", Peridot parties while Lapis is away:
- (first post) "I'M GONNA PLAY CAMP PINING HEARTS SO LOUD THE DIAMONDS CAN HEAR IT." (next post) "ACTUALLY I REALLY HOPE THEY DON'T"
- She also says she's gonna run around the barn with clothes on, play frisbee alone (noting the game is probably meant for 2 people and also that frisbee involves no bees), and working on her Camp Pining Hearts essay (lamenting on how she's currently stuck on her poutine theory and how the maple syrup plot hole is just ridiculous).
- Peridot uses her power to move a spoon, but doesn't understand that two pictures of the spoon in different places isn't proof of doing so.
- Once Lapis comes back and explains the episode's events, Peridot devotes multiple posts to her surprise—one of which contains no capital letters.
- The day after "Earthlings" aired, Peridot gave a "quick update" on the situation... consisting of several tweets consisting of nothing but "AAAH" in various lengths, followed by "AND THAT'S WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON!"
Other Side/Promotional Materials
- Mr. Gusite was created by Ian Jones-Quartey for the Uncle Grandpa crossover. About a month earlier, Mr. Gus submitted his work-in-progress for the "Gemsona Week" event on Tumblr. And got rejected.
- In the Newsarama Interview, Steven talks about what comics he likes, and mentions that he likes Sailor Moon because "it's really down to earth."
- Garnet's description of Alexandrite in Guide to the Crystal Gems:
Garnet: When Pearl, Amethyst, and I fuse together with a singular goal, we are unstoppable. But when the singular goal is a dinner party with a human family, we are very confused, and we are very confusing, and we are very sorry.
- The Gem life chose him. The best part is that this is from Cartoon Network!
- Another one from Cartoon Network: a GIF of Jasper from "Super Watermelon Island", showing her falling into a hole captioned "Monday Feels" and "We feel you, Jasper".
- Peridot's tripping beat.
- Peridot briefly took over the CN Twitter. Just look.
Steven Universe Zines
The Steven Universe Zines exclusive to the 2016 San Diego Comic Con.
- SU Eatin' Zine by Amber Rogers features the main characters eating food. Greg is eating a hot dog, Steven is eating a doughnut, Garnet is eating popcorn, Amethyst is drinking tea while eating the teabag and the mug, Pearl is eating a slice of pie, Peridot is eating a cake while biting onto the fork, Jasper is eating a T-bone steak with her hands, and Lapis is eating ice cream with her hands.
- Initial SU [a parody you didn't know that you didn't want] by Hilary Florido that features the Gems acting like teenagers and Steven acting like an adult who sells tofu and his daughter is Stevonnie.
Stevonnie: My dad said if I race and win, he'll give me a full tank of gas. Gas is pricey and I can't keep a job 'cause I don't wear shoes. This is a big deal for me!
- When Pearls needs Steven to race against Kevin, he instead sends Stevonnie to take his place instead, much to the disappointment of the Gems.
Pearl: But... but...
Peridot: Our honor!
Garnet: It was me doing a sick grind on the guard rail!
- While racing, Stevonnie thinks to herself why doesn't she buy shoes and why her family sells tofu when her father loves pizza.
- In the end, it was Garnet who won the race, on a pair of rollerblades.
Stevonnie: My free tank of gas!
Kevin: It's night and she's wearing sunglasses! It's too cool!
- Garnet revealing she was actually chasing down Stevonnie so she can buy all the tofu they have. The zine ends saying "And everyone lived happily ever after!", while Kevin is still crying that he lost.
- San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive 2016 Zine, by Mira W. and Lauren Zuke:
Peridot: Lazuli! I'm home from "job".
- Step by Step Guide to Propagation: Steven teaches the reader how to grow new succulents. His last step is spitting on the leaves.
- Selfie!: The Crystal Gems incorrectly taking a selfie by having the camera facing the other way. Not only that, Garnet's finger was on the camera lens.
- So Spoiled!: When Garnet kisses Steven on his forehead, she accidentally gave him her Future Vision, leading to him envisioning the Crying Breakfast Friends' season finale.
- Responsible Earth Citizens: Features Peridot and Lapis where Peridot is the breadwinner and Lapis is the homemaker.
Lapis: (holding a baking dish) Oh! How was it?
Peridot: I got "fired".
Lapis: Fired?! How will we pay our "bill(s)"!?
(Beat, Peridot and Lapis burst out laughing)
Peridot: So! Whatcha make for dinner?
Lapis: (presenting the baking dish) Nothing!!!!
(Peridot and Lapis burst out laughing again and fall to the ground)
- ...A Fast Food AU: The Gems are working as fast food workers with Lapis as an apathetic cashier, Amethyst eating the food that she's suppose to bring to the customers, and Peridot being the "best" assistant manager ever. Out of all of these three, Lapis is the one that gets fired. Also, Garnet's hair is on fire... for some reason.
- Bowled Over: Peridot suggesting to Amethyst and Lapis they go to the bowling alley, despite Lapis' protest. At the bowling alley, Amethyst is eating the bowling ball, Peridot is bowling with a two pounds bowling ball, and Lapis getting annoyed by the bowling noises.
- Peridot's Guide to C.P.H.: Peridot explains how she feels about "Camp Pining Hearts" and why Season Five was considered the worst.
Season One: "A rocky start, but to it's credit, everyone was still figuring out what they were doing. Especially Paulette. But I don't like her so I don't forgive her."
Season Two: "Wow!! The golden years! This is where Percy comes along. Percy introduced a whole new dynamic to the camp hierarchy. I can't believe he was secretly wearing shorts the *whole time!*"
Season Three: "Pierre is a werewolf. Note to self: Cool."
Season Five: "Oh my solar system. Oh my Jupiter on the wrong axis. Really?? Really! 12 episodes at a beach!? What is this? Beach Pining Hearts? Hahahaaha. I'm typing laughter as I actually laugh."
"Wait, where's Season Four? Oh yeah I forgot about it because Five was so bad."
- Actual Fusion Cuisine: Steven is eating spaghetti. He loves it so much that he starts dancing with it and accidentally Fuses with it to become a spaghetti monster. But it was All Just a Dream.
- Fusion Poutine: Peridot is a camper at Camp Pining Hearts for the Yellow cabin and in order for her cabin to win the annual sac race, Peridot asks Percy to Fuse with her. They Fuse and they become a spaghetti monster. But it was All Just a Dream. Again.
Cast & Crew
- The wrestler names the Crewniverse came up with for Tiger Millionaire◊ is not only punnerific, it's doubly hilarious if you are a wrestling fan. Standout names include:
AD/BC (A Futureman/Caveman duo)Toolshed (triply hilarious because this is actually Stan Marsh's superhero name, while his wrestler moniker is Stan the Man)
- When clips containing very huge spoilers from "Super Watermelon Island" and "Barn Mates" were posted on the Cartoon Network UK site, some of the staff reactions were quite funny.
Matt Burnett: Break the internet.
Ian Jones-Quartey: lmao. Whyyyy
Lauren Zuke:note what the fuck
Joe Johnston: >_____<
Matt Burnett (3 hours later): Anyone still interested in letting me know - I know now, thanks!
- Also, Michaela Dietz (Amethyst's voice actress) reacts to Steven Bomb 5 being leaked on CN's website weeks in advance.
Michaela: too many leaks NEED MORE DUCT TAPE
- Also, Michaela Dietz (Amethyst's voice actress) reacts to Steven Bomb 5 being leaked on CN's website weeks in advance.
- This "Story board" for "Serious Steven", featuring Clarence instead of Steven, Uncle Grandpa instead of Garnet, Eddy instead of Amethyst, and Pearl just growing increasingly more annoyed with the entire situation.
- Lamar Abrams joking about how enormous he drew Peridot's hair in "Same Old World".
- Lauren Zuke drew what Peridot's Baseball outfit would've looked like had she participated. The funny part? Her hat is just hanging on the top of her hair.
- There's a lot of speculation on how Stevonnie is able to drive like a professional on first try, from Steven and Connie being super intelligent to them learning by watching. Joe Johnston's explanation?
- After Lauren said that she considered Peridot a Capricorn, Amber drew this in response.
Lauren: the friendship was nice while it lasted
- After "Last One Out of Beach City" aired, Rebecca Sugar posted a brief anecdote about directing Pearl's voice actor for that episode.
Rebecca Sugar: And then Pearl guns it through the red light.
Deedee Magno Hall: Oh no! My kids are going to see this!
- Deedee Magno Hall and Michaela Dietz walk into a candy store. Dorkiness Ensues.
- This vine with Thomas Sanders.
- Which was then turned back into an animation of the VA's characters.