Funny: Dwayne Johnson
The Rock: walking, talking master of the Funny Moment.
- Basically, every damn time he grabbed a mic, as he's one of the best shooters in the industry. Also, any promo following his 2003 Face-Heel Turn. ...Hell, just search for "The Rock Funny" on YouTube and have a blast for a few hours.
- All those times the Rock embarrassed Jonathan Coachman: forcing him to sing "Copacabana", dance the Charleston, and say his prayers, among other hilarious tasks. The Coach's ridiculously goofy compliance only adds to the comedy.
- Speaking of the Copa, as Coach was singing, the Rock grabbed the microphone and chewed him out...only to discover that he accidentally disconnected the cord when he grabbed it. Rocky then took the microphone, reconnected it, tested it to made sure it worked, then went back to his promo like nothing happened. What made this funny was that it was a LIVE edition of SmackDown!
- The Rock would be on such a roll that even Coach had trouble keeping a straight face while being clowned, as seen here.
- "Michael Cole, The Rock thinks you should go suck on a monkey's nipple ... well, go on! Go suck on a monkey's nipple! GO!"
- Before Coachman and Cole were even employed, The Rock's personal Butt Monkey was Kevin Kelly, who he'd often accuse of being an "ugly hermaphrodite". "Shut up, Hermie!"
- The Rock's "And God Spoke To Billy" promo, which not only unleashed the "IT DOESN'T MATTER" catchphrase to the world (which in turn led to several other great Rock comedy bits and Mick Foley's eventual subversion of the gag that got a 20-second standing ovation), but gains its status here by basically ending the idea of "Billy Gunn, main event prospect" in four minutes.
- "Billy Bitchcakes!"
- "Oh Dear God... You see, my name's Billy. And I just won King of the Ring. But there's one problem. Everyone still thinks that I absolutely SUCK!"
- The Rock, Hulk Hogan, and Kane had to team up against the NWO (Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and X-Pac). The promo right before the match was comedy gold. Kane had been sliding out of his "Big Silent Giant" gimmick, but it was still hilarious to see him go from silent scary monster to mocking Hogan's and Rock's slogans. Take note of The Rock mouthing "Kanenites?" in confusion, it's easily the capper to the entire hilarious promo.
- Before that when the nWo, consisting of Hulk Hogan Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, came back to WWE Hogan wanted to get a picture with the Rock for his son, he then mutters an offhand insult that the Rock just happens to hear, he then lays into all three of them in his signature Rock Style.
- The Rock / Hamburglar... I mean Hurricane Feud. For Your viewing pleasure.
The Rock: Do you know what haku machente means?
The Hurricane: Well, apparently...from what I saw behind that curtain, it means "The Scorpion King got a tiny ding-a-ling".
The Rock: (screams) No! No! (scream) No! There's a reason why they call The Rock "The Rock". Oh yeah, (rubs leg) Easy, big fella!
- During a match with The Undertaker, The Rock went to do his People's Elbow. When he bounced off the ropes to deliver the final part of the move, The Undertaker sat up like he usually does...and the Rock kicked him in the chest to flatten him out and dropped the elbow anyway.
- His riffing on the "12 Days of Christmas" song to Test.
''"On the night Test faced the Great one this is what he'll see..."(Beat)"Twelve Sharpshooters stinging, eleven eyebrows raising, ten spines-a-busting, nine noggins knocking, eight kicks-a-kicking, seven punches punching, six Suplex smashing... FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE... SECONDS OF THE PEOPLE CHANTING THE ROCK'S NAAAAAAME!!!"(Cue "Rocky" chants for more than five seconds...)"Four Rock Bottoms, three People's Elbows on your two buck teeth, AND AN ASS-KICKING ALL OVER NEW ORLEANS!"
- During one promo, The Rock managed to get out-funny'd by Kurt Angle. Note The Rock's reaction as Kurt starts talking about "jugs of milk". According to Angle, he apparently just ad-libbed the promo, given how The Rock spends the rest of the segment grinning like he's trying not to outright laugh.
Rock: (As Angle leaves the Locker Room) Go get them jugs, Kurt!
- When The Rock came back to Torooonn... ...Toronnnnn... The rest is up to you to watch.
- This and many more.
- Vince McMahon once placed The Rock as the special guest referee during a WWF Championship match between Triple H and the British Bulldog. The Rock detested both, and wasn't interested in giving either any sort of victory. At one point he knocked out HHH and when the Bulldog went to cover, The Rock went to make the count and well - "1...2...IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE ROCK COUNTS TO 3!!!!" He also played the Easily Distracted Referee for all it's worth. Chatting up the fans at ringside while Triple H hit the Pedigree and covered. When he did see HHH hit the pedigree and cover, he was so awed by the Pedigree that he forgot to count, instead applauding HHH and offering him two thumbs up. The Rock spent most of the match just doing commentary.
- This is the match that gave the world the most electrifying sliding move in sports entertainment, the "Sliding People's Elbow". When bouncing off the ropes for the last part of his People's Elbow, he slides from the ropes to the center of the ring due to his dress shoes, looks shocked for a moment as he does so, but maintains his balance and finished the move anyway, turning what could've been an embarrassing botch into a legendary highlight.
- And as if it couldn't get more amusing, The Rock eventually knocked them both out, took the championship belt, rang the bell, and declared himself champion!
- Taking to task the other five combatants in a six-man Hell in a Cell match.
- The Rock speaks Swedish. And Chinese.
- Even after he turned heel in 2003, the Rock was just too damn funny to truly boo...as evidenced by his interview right before his match with Goldberg where he called him a "whisker-biscuit bald-headed bitch" and referred to Terri Runnels as "Lemon Panties".
The Rock: "The only thing the Rock hasn't done is make a white baby!"
- His Shut Up, Hannibal! moment at Michael Cole during his return on RAW:
"Now what you do, Michael Cole, is you sit on that announcer booth, you take off your headset, and you don't say a word. AND I QUOTE: You know your damn role, and shut your damn mouth!"
- And he does the entire episode.
- After a rather epic rant at John Cena, he finished it up with:
"The Rock is back to scratch a major itch, so enjoy your Fruity Pebbles you Yabba Dabba Bitch!"
"The Rock ain't no rapper, and clearly, neither are you."
- What makes this even more hilarious is that The Rock single-handedly created a meme about John Cena and Fruity Pebbles, to the point where John Cena is now on the box of Fruity (and Cocoa) Pebbles!
- During the rant, he also had this gem of a line when talking about Cena's return shots at him.
- From a Birthday RAW, The Rock shutting Michael Cole up AGAIN.
"You drunk hobbit jackbag bitch!"
- He then Rock Bottomed Cole with a "Go Heat, Bitch!" followed by a People's Elbow. For context, Cole was wearing a Kevin Garnett jersey in Miami.
- September 27, 1999: The highest-rated segment of RAW ever. Mick Foley decided to give The Rock a birthday present, but it didn't quite turn out as planned... "THE ROCK: THIS IS YOUR LIFE!!!"
The Rock: The Rock's birthday is May 2nd, you stupid son of a bitch!
The Rock: [To Chris Jericho] You are exactly twenty minutes away...AND THE ROCK MEA-Mankind: [Simultaneously] THE ROCK MEANS TWENTY MI-The Rock: [Glares at Mankind] Don't you ever do that again, jabroni. [Barely keeps from Corpsing] IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEE-Mankind: La-la-la-la-la...
- And when Mick Foley did it again, with John Cena as the target this time, during the special 3-hour Raw on 11/14/11, The Rock simply walks in, Rock Bottoms Foley, and leaves quickly has to be pretty damned hilarious.
- Mick and the Rock together usually means you're in for some great laughs. One promo had Foley try to accompany The Rock through his catchphrases, much to the Rock's chagrin.
- This interview before Wrestlemania 27. After he puts over the new talent for working so hard despite having to follow the Attitude Era, an interviewer brings up John Cena.
The Rock: Yeah, I'm gonna fuck him up! (grins) Heh...that was a lot of class I just brought to this interview.
- During WrestleMania 27, The Rock had a backstage segment with Eve Torres and Mae Young where he cracked jokes regarding Mae's age. Unfortunately, the segment was overshadowed by its Crowning Moment Of Awesome ending.
- The Rock has a talk with "John Cena".
- The Rock hits on Lillian Garcia and the world is introduced to the "People's Strudel".
- The Rock teaching the people about the History of Boston.
The Rock: (to the tune of "Yankee Doodle Dandy") Johnny Cena went to town, riding on a pony... Rock stuck a feather up his ass and called him a jabroni!
- The Rock's rock concert on 3/12/2012, dissing Cena, Cena's fans who are grown men (calling them all nerds who dress like Kirk and Spock), and even Cena's mom. Even Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole start losing it towards the end. Behold!
- If you look here we might get an idea where the Cena feud began.
- Rock drops his glasses.
- Mick Foley steals Rock's catch phrase.
- The Rock says Daniel Bryan is what would happen if "a homeless lumberjack banged an Oompa Loompa." Once again, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler can't hold it in. CM Punk on the other hand just points at Daniel.
The Rock: "Oompa loompa doompity ding, 'you look like a troll from Lord of the Rings!
- His turn on Saturday Night Live as The Rock Obama in 2009.
- Who magnificently returned in March 2015, this time joined by "She-Rock Obama".
- (To CM Punk) "It doesn't matter if you matter"
- The Rock serenading Vickie Guerrero at his January 14 2013 "Rock Concert" on Raw. Once more, the guys at the announcer's table couldn't restrain themselves from laughing. Even Vickie Guerrero looked like she was about to lose it.
(to the tune of Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight")You abuse all your powerAnd waste everybody's timeYou dress like a hookerJust not the expensive kindSo get your ass to the airportTake a one-way flightBecause "Biatch, you look horrible tonight."
- The Rock, possibly in direct response to being accused of having a silver-spoon-fed life by delusional heel CM Punk the night after taking the title off of him, finally takes an advantage of a 3.6-year-old meme-in-waiting by giving Punk the following two choices:
"You can come in this ring, and face me like a man, or you can stand on that stage in front of the world like a punk-ass bitch."
- "Story Time with The Rock:" Talking about his younger days, he reveals two things:
- One, in high school, he couldn't get any attention from girls, since he was already 6'4" and 225 pounds, because everybody assumed he was an undercover cop.
- Two, he got his first car at 15 by hustling a crackhead in a bar for $40 for a beat-up old Thunderbird. When he was driving along, he found another crackhead in the backseat, decided it was probably stolen, so he ditched it in a parking lot at 2am.
- During his match with Stone Cold at Backlash '99 The Rock grabbed a camera. Hilarity, along with a 30 second encapsulation of the Attitude Era, ensued.
Rock: "OH SHIT!"
- bonus points for him turning the camera around in time to see Stone Cold give him his signature gesture, right before hitting him with the Stunner.
- During one of the Rock's backstage segments, after an already very funny Cheap Heat moment where he was singing an insulting Canadians, The Hurricane shows up. After launching into a tirade basically summing up What the Hell, Hero?, the Rock looks around, confused, slowly takes his sunglasses off, clears his throat, and says "...Who... in the green hell... are you? No, no, no, no, no, don't answer that! The Rock knows who you are! Yeah, the Rock knows exactly who you are! Green shirt, 'H' on your chest, green mask! Oh, you're the Hamburgler! Yeah, you're that cat that works for McDonald's! Go get me a cheeseburger! Go get the Rock a cheeseburger, no ketchup!"
- The otherwise horrible Raw X special featured Rock cutting a promo on just about everyone, including this line to Deserving Victim Stephanie McMahon:
"Blow the candles, not the pool boy!"
- The Rock sings "Happy Birthday" to Stephanie:
"Happy birthday to Steph
You're a ho with big breasts
So take the night off from hooking
If you smell what the Rock is cooking"
- The Rock and Y2J.
- His part in the opening of Wrestlemania XXX is gold. The first thing he does after his first couple of catchphrases is poke some friendly fun at Hulk Hogan for botching the name of the stadium they were in (Hulk first said that they were in the "Silverdome," which was the site of Wrestlemania III).
[We] are finally back at the Ssssssuuuuuppperrrdome!
The jabroni-beating, pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, "The Rock's in the ring/No ifs, ands, or maybes/Come on, Momma, we got no choice/But to start makin' Rock babies!"
- And later, when relating the historical importance of his colleagues, he claims that his matches at Wrestlemania are responsible for an influx of kids nine months later.
- Prior to the 15th Anniversary of Smack Down, Rock met up with Triple H and Stephanie in the office, exchanging some light greetings with them and proposing to celebrate the moment. Things hilariously nearly went to pot as Rocky and Trips began talking about the first few eps of the Blue Brand when one would beat the other, all the way to "spontaneous" light taunts about going at it again at any future WrestleMania event. They then both realized that their faces are inches away from each other. Awkward, but still funny as hell...
- The Rock's response to breaking his finger in a car accident? He hasn't got time to bleed, but he sure has time to Instagram it. (The squeamish should avoid clicking on the link.)
- When liveblogging the Twilight gender-flip book Life and Death, Alexis Dreadd (a writer for Buzzfeed) poked fun at a passage where Edythe (aka female Edward) is said to be so intimidating that even the Rock wouldn't whistle at her. The real Rock then chimed in to say, nah, he totally would!