- In the ending of adventure mode, the player finds Maxwell trapped in a demonic throne, with a phonograph playing ragtime nearby. Turning it off makes him thank you, because he's been listening to that one song for eternity. And turning it back on...
Maxwell: I suppose I deserved that.
- Generally, the baying of the Hounds, which appear every few days, tends to invoke trepidation in the characters. When Wolfgang hears them, however...
Wolfgang: I hear puppies!
- Willow's reaction to a Deerclops is basically what any rational person would say if they met such a monstrous creature.
Willow: Holy crap!
- One of the possible traps is a simple chest. If you open it, the season immediately changes to the unforgiving Winter or Summer. The only thing a character can say when they fall for the trap is "Whoops".
- Wickerbottom is normally a no-nonsense woman. In the presence of a baby beefalo, she momentarily gushes over its cuteness before catching herself.
Wickerbottom: Look at its widdle face! *Ahem*.
- This is made funnier by the fact that baby Beefalo are kind of Ugly Cute.
- Wilson's comment on the pitchfork is pure hilaritynote :
Wilson: Maxwell might be looking for this.
- WX-78 refers to the statue of a Glommer as "stone insect". Literal, but logical. But when he meets the real Glommer:
WX-78: SENTIENT VERSION OF STONE INSECT.
- Several concept art pieces for Don't Starve Together alternate character costumes have been released. Most of them are wearing the trademark frown, but Willow's "Burnt" skin has a tiny smile, as if she's thinking, "totally worth it".
- The Shadow skin sets all give the characters suitably threatening and cool Evil Makeovers, especially in the official artwork for the sets... with the exception of Maxwell, who instead gets the ridiculously dorky-looking Unshadowed set, complete with Nerd Glasses. William Carter really has has come a long way since 1901.
- Krampus is a Hawaiian-Shirted Tourist in Shipwrecked.
- Wolfgang's quote for the Evil Flower. It's completely random and out of the blue:
- Wolfgang: Is not potato.
- The Beefalo song. It is something quite special.
- Wendy's quote for the Moon Stone once the Star Caller's Staff has been placed:
Wendy: Perhaps it thirsts for a sacrifice. Where's Webber...
- In the Valentines Day comic, Woodie is desperately trying to convince Lucy that this mysterious admirer means nothing to him, while WX-78 appears to be short circuiting. Apparently, Love does not compute.
- In the Hallowed Nights event, there's Maxwell's comment for the Broken Stake trinket:
- Maxwell: I told you people, I am not a vampire!
- Apparently, someone tried (and failed) to stake him.
- In the Winter's Feast event, there's a food item called the Eternal Fruitcake. However, none of the PC's will actually eat it, including WX-78, who usually doesn't mind what it eats and is unaffected by food spoilage.
- As mentioned above, WX-78 isn't a very picky eater. However, it hates Sweet Potatoes for some reason.
- Willow's reaction to being presented with a can of "Ballphin Free" Tunanote :
- Willow: Aw, but I like mine with Ballphin!
- The Sealnado boss in Shipwrecked. It's a giant tornado monster that attacks with wind and, like any other boss, is pretty hard to kill if you're unprepared. Once you defeat it, the wind dissipates, revealing... a ridiculously cute baby seal with puppy-dog eyes. Some of the character reaction lines are quite funny, especially WX-78's:
- WX-78: YOU HAVE TO BE LAUNCHING A JOKE EXECUTABLE ON ME
- If Wolfgang examines the Codex Umbra, he reveals that he cannot read.
- Winona's reaction to examining a Maxwell Statue (which is made to resemble to her, the mysterious man that her little sister had been spending lots of time with), complete with a heavy dose of awkwardness :
- Winona: So THIS is "Maxy".
- Umm, yeah.
- Maxwell hates getting wet:
- Maxwell (examining a Water Balloon): Do you have any idea how much this suit cost?
- the Multiplayer mode - Don't Starve Together - can be funny simply from the players messing with eachother, as animated here