- The Sanity Meter mechanic can reach Eternal Darkness levels of horror.
- THE HANDS.
- The silly tune that plays while they retreat may become Nightmare Retardant, likely an intended effect as you are meant to chase them away (at the cost of sanity).
- Nightmare Fuel is present as an actual crafting ingredient. May be an indicator that authors are One of Us.
- When you become insane, Bunnymen become Beardlords, and they're scary as hell, especially when they follow you, as they do so in a way that makes it look like they're about to attack you.
- For Halloween, a total conversion mod, called The Screecher, was added right to the main menu. It turns the game from survival to outright Survival Horror, and is far, far scarier than anything in the base game.
- The Nightmare Throne. Your "reward", at the end of adventure mode, is to see your character take Maxwell's place as a prisoner of the Shadows and to know that, after decades of horror and madness, they will also probably give in and "invite" someone else into their world to take their place.
- "Webber", an unlockable character in Reing of Giants DLC, is a kid that got eaten by a spider. The two merged into one, the result being a Spider-looking boy◊. What's more, he's implied to have been like that before Maxwell brought him to the island, which brings in a buttload of Fridge Horror.
Nightmare Fuel / Don't Starve
Return to the main page HERE