Trivia: Don't Starve
- Ascended Fanon: That characters' names all begin with W was a coincidence, but after the first few, the devs ran with it.
- Dummied Out:
- Several unimplemented characters have been found in the game's files. Among them are a demon, a monkey, a witch, and the Pyro from Team Fortress 2. Many of the playable characters were only found in the game's files before they were implemented.
- There are also several unimplemented items, the most notable being the long pig from Don't Starve Together. Originally players would drop long pig (human flesh) when they die, but the developers thought that eating people was too dark.
- Fan Nickname: Fans of the game have taken the calling for the Treeguardnote as "Optimus Pine" due to the fact that it spawns from a fully grown pine tree and transforms back into one when it's idle (though in appearance only).
- Flip Flop of God: Klei Entertainment initially said there would be no multiplayer. Then in May 2014, they announced Don't Starve Together, a multiplayer feature.
- The Wiki Rule: There is one up and running on Wikia.