- Misa's "date" with the handcuffed Light and L, devolving into a huge fight between Light and L that's half them hitting each other and half their being dragged around by the handcuffs from the force of their own blows. "Last chance for cake!"
- Before the fight even starts, L interrupts the date by asking for a slice of cake.
L: ...Hey, are you gonna eat that cake?
Misa: Cake makes you fat. I'm not gonna eat any.
L: Actually, I find that you don't gain any weight as long as you burn calories by using your brain.
Misa: So now you're calling me stupid?!
- Also, virtually every conversation between L and Misa in the manga usually qualifies.
Misa: How about if I give you the cake, will you leave me and Raito alone together?
L: Even if I leave you two alone together, I can watch from the cameras, so it's the same thing.
Misa: I told you that's perverted! Will you stop with that kind of fetish!?
L: Say what you want, but I will be taking the cake.
- Of course this is followed up by L kicking Light across the room, apparently forgetting or not caring that they are handcuffed together.
- There also L's line "You know, I'm much stronger then I look" after taking another hit from Light. The English version has it sort of an annoyed tone to it that you can't help but chuckle at.
- Not to mention the little "Make up" dance with Misa afterward. Never has a mono "Yay" been funnier.
- Directly after the punch, Misa stumbles backwards and steps on a piece of cake in her stockings. The noise she makes is *priceless.*
- The Yotsuba members, staring at a dozen "ridiculously cute" model girls, with How-the-fuck-did-we-get-there look on their faces.
Shimura Suguru:'Oi, I think we are starting to go of a tangent here...
- The dub had the line as something like "Is it me or is this starting to get really weird?"
- Not to mention that, while the Yotsuba group are trying to keep serious, the camera pans down to show them wearing fluffy pink slippers.
- During the Yotsuba arc:
Misa: Hey, Light. Wanna come sleep with me tonight?
Light: Wh-What are you talking about...??
Misa: Hahaha! Just kidding! You're saving me for after we catch Kira right! You don't have to be shy about it!
L: Yes, Light. There's no need to be shy.
Light: I'm not being shy!
L: No need to be so serious either.
- Aizawa, getting more and more annoyed by Misa's childishness. You can see the pain on his face, as he barely stops himself from snapping. Then he snaps - and then trying to actually get rid of her looks like trying to get a pet out of a room you don't want it in.
- Matsuda was spying on Yotsuba when he was discovered and quickly pretends to be Misa's agent, hoping to get her a gig with them. They don't quite buy it and refuse to let him leave. Meanwhile, the taskforce wonders where Matsuda is, but don't want to reveal everything, in case he's in trouble. L calls Matsuda's cell, and..."Heeey, Matsuiii! Wanna go out drinkin'?!"
- Spy Speak between L and Matsuda:
L: So, you by yourself?
Matsuda: Yeah, I'm by myself.
L: So do you wanna like go out drinking tonight?
Matsuda: Oh, right now? Oh, sorry. I'll have to pass tonight.
L: Oh, what's the matter? Don't tell me your wallet is in trouble again.
Matsuda: Yeah, that's right, big troubles with money. You know me too well.
- "Do you really want to help? Get me some coffee."
- In the manga, the task force is debating how the Yotsuba Group and Kira are connected. When it's brought up that Kira may have approached Yotsuba on his own because he needed their help, this exchange occurs:
Matsuda: There's no way Kira would do that! That would be so uncool.
Aizawa: YOU THINK KIRA IS COOL, MATSUDA?!
- Matsuda's computer-disguised voice in Episode 22. It's the big responsibility he's been looking for, and he sounds like an '80s chipmunk.
- This exchange:
Misa: No way! I couldn't live in a world without Light!
L: Yes, that would be dark.
- The Stoic Mogi's stint as "Mochi," Misa's genki, Large Ham manager. Especially the end of Episode 22, where he really enjoys screwing with Higuchi.
- In another scene in the manga, Light "profiles" Kira as likely an affluent and idealistic teenager. L notes that sounds an awful lot like... Sayu, Light's sister.
- Misa getting tortured under L's orders was not funny, but it gets a hilarious Call Back when Misa volunteers to infiltrate Yotsuba.
Misa: I won't say anything even if they torture me!
L: I can attest to that.
- The torture scene DID have a funny moment though.
L: I'm a pervert? or
L: How are you?
Misa: Are you stupid or something?
- In the manga, when Light and L are discussing their plan to arrest Higuchi:
L:...And he'll get into the Yoshida Productions office with the key we'll leave behind the potted plant right outside the office.
Misa: But there isn't a potted plant there!
Light: Then we'll put one there or think of something else. That's not really important.
Misa: I know, I just thought I should chime in with something.
- In one of the episodes during the Yotsuba arc, L imitates one of Misa's commercials.
- After Light loses his memories of the Death Note, there is a scene where he sits for a while, staring off into space, wondering if he'd kill criminals if he had the power and if he could have done it without having memory of it. Then:
L: What's wrong? You've been staring at me for the last two minutes. Wait, let me guess, you must be annoyed because I'm the only one eating cake at the moment, am I right?
- In Episode 25 in the scene where Light finds L on the roof while a heavy rainstorm is going on, the facial expression that L has when he motions a second time for Light to speak louder is hilarious.