by Fyyrrose is a Death Note AU
that takes a journey through Raito's eyes as he goes about his normal routine. Mind games included. Light screws (with)
Seigikan provides examples of:
- All Boys Want Bad Boys: L with Light.
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Amnesiac Dissonance: averted, Light finds he was an interesting person before his accident and is having fun rediscovering himself.
- Amnesiac Lover: Light was screwing L before his accident and now to L's dismay Light no longer remembers anything about him.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Sayu for Light.
- Bad Dreams: Light after he loses his memories.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: right after Light is thinking things are too boring he gets hit by a car.
- Brain Bleach: Light wants some.
- Brainwash Residue: After losing his memories Light wonders why he picks up an apple after breakfast when he wasn't hungry for apples.
- Calling Your Orgasms: L does this when Light has sex with him. He screams "Kira."
- The Casanova: Light claims he has a list of girls he can summon up to have sex with him at any time.
- Chick Magnet: Light, much to his annoyance.
- Contrived Coincidence: Light asked Ryuk to get lost for a while right before his accident. Therefore Ryuk isn't there and so doesn't give everything away immediately.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Light and L.
- Criminal Mind Games: Light plays them with L.
- Dark Is Not Evil: at the hospital Light is unnerved by "the weird stranger" who's watching him but then when "the weird stranger" helps him back to his hospital room Light decides he's not so bad.
Light: If he was kind enough to help me back to my room, the least I could do was be civil. So what if he looked like a pedophile? He was kind enough to help a complete stranger, the least I could do was give my thanks.
- Dead Fic
- Deadpan Snarker: Light
- Double Entendre: Light does this deliberately when he's talking to a classmate about studying and L can only hear his side of the conversation:
Light: After I'm through with you tonight, you'll be able to teach that technique to your girlfriend. If you are still unsure after tonight, we can practice it together in front of her to break the ice.
- Easy Amnesia: Light gets it when he has an accident when helping a little old lady cross the street. Later when L hits him on the head again he remembers everything.
- Enemy Eats Your Lunch: in one ineffable genius mind game between Light and L, Light steals and takes a bite out of one of L's strawberries and then L steals the half-eaten strawberry back and eats it.
- Evil Laugh: Light of course.
- Fatal Attraction: L with Light.
- First-Person Smartass: Light's narrative.
- Footsie Under the Table: Light does this to L.
- Foreign Language Title: "Seigikan" means "Justice" in Japanese.
- Forgot the Call: Light. After the accident he's forgotten about being Kira and knowing L and he sees no more reason to put up with L or his antics and leaves much to L's dismay.
- The Grim Reaper: L appears as such in Light's nightmare.
- Grudging Thank You: Light to "the weird stranger" when he helps him back to his hospital bed after his painkillers wear off.
- Hard Head: Light get's Easy Amnesia from his accident and then gets his memories back by L hitting him on the head with seemingly no repercussions or head trauma... or not. That would explain why he suddenly felt the need to gloat to L about being Kira.
- Hates Being Touched:
She placed her hand on my shoulder in a flirtatious style before she left. If I had the Death Note on me, I would have opened it up and would have written her name on it for touching me so freely. The first thing I would need to do when I got home is burn my clothing.
- I Can Change My Beloved: L. After Light sleeps with him L somehow comes to the conclusion he can make Light stop killing and be with him.
- I Know Your True Name
- Jabba Table Manners: L. "He was worse than a little kid when he ate."
- Jerk Ass: Light
- Kill It with Fire: Light's reaction to being touched by flirtatious girls.
- Lemony Narrator
- Lethal Chef: L is constantly trying to give himself and everyone else diabetes.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Poor L.
- Love Martyr: L for Light.
- Manipulative Bastard: Light
- Mistaken for Pedophile: amnesiac!Light mistakes L for one.
- Multitasked Conversation:
Light: It's a beautiful day isn't it? The city life is buzzing with noise—
L: Raito-kun, what are you doing?
Light: I'm simply capturing this moment when I have nothing to listen to.
Ryuk: You think he's got a recording device on him and you want me to look?
Light: Yes, isn't it heavenly?
- My Brother Is Off Limits: Light notes that Sayu gets scary protective when Light admits the (technical) truth that he got beat up by one of his jilted lovers.
- My God, You Are Serious: When L tries to persuade Light to come back to headquarters "so we can prove that you're Kira."
Light: "Tell me, why on Earth would I want to do that?"
L: "You need to absolve and pay for your crimes so we can be together."
Light: I couldn't help it. I laughed even more. For a second I thought I would wake everyone in the house.
Light (to L): Who are you? And who exactly is this Kira?
- Narcissist: Light
- Nerds Are Virgins: L. Averted with Light.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: L hits Light on the head again which causes him to regain his memories.
- No Sense of Personal Space: L
- No Social Skills: L
- Not Good With Rejection: Both Light and L. Results may vary - Light goes on a mass murder spree and L bashes Light's head against a bathroom sink.
- Operation Jealousy: Light continues to date lots of girls to make L jealous.
- Papa Wolf: Light warns L that, hypothetically speaking, anyone who hurts his family dies. Also Souichiro Yagami when he learns that L hurt his son.
- Passive Aggressive Combat: employed by L and Light.
- Percussive Maintenance: when L hits Light on the head he remembers everything.
- The Perfect Crime: while Light is hospitalized the deaths he's pre-written in the Death Note are still taking effect.
- Pet the Dog: Light had his accident when he saved an old woman from getting hit by a car. Later Light comforts a little girl while visiting the hospital waiting room.
- Playing the Victim Card: Light after L beats him up.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Light orders a bunch of food and then leaves L with the bill.
- Raging Stiffie: Light has this problem the morning after having a beautiful dream of defeating and killing L.
- Samaritan Relationship Starter: L sees Light do a couple of Pet the Dog moments and suddenly thinks he's in love with him. Light finds the whole thing hilarious.
- Sex Equals Love: L seems to be so socially naive that he doesn't understand the difference.
- Shower of Angst: Light feels disgusted after hanging out with idiots and L and "pretending" to flirt with L.
- Slash Fic: it's Light/L
- The Sociopath: Light
- Spell My Name with an S: Light is referred to as "Raito" in this fic.
- Stalker with a Crush: L
- Stepford Smiler:
Light: Class ended and before I could even move from my position, females (if they could be called that) flocked my surrounding table. It was utterly disgusting. I casually said a pleasant goodbye to Ryuzaki before being escorted off to the library to help out a fellow classmate. I would rather slit my wrists and write my own name in the Death Note, but sacrifices had to be made to maintain my identity as the perfect individual.
- Supernatural Soap Opera
- Surrounded by Idiots: Light feels this way all the time.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Nope, no narcissistic complex here.
Light: Of course, I kept up the appearance of being the perfect specimen. I was smart, personable, and damn sexy. Oh no, there's no narcissistic complex here—it's just another statement of facts; my genetics were damn good.
- Also Light becomes obsessed about winning in the seductive game he's playing with L even though he frequently claims that L disgusts him.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Light takes full advantage of this. "Ryuzaki, what is your real name?"
- That Man Is Dead: Kira? Who's Kira?
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Light admits to L that he's Kira and then challenges him to prove it. L, instead of doing the sensible thing and arresting Light as soon as he confessed, takes him up on his challenge.
- Transparent Closet: after he loses his memories Light is confused about why the girlie smut doesn't do it for him.
- Unreliable Narrator: Light
- The Vamp: Light
- Victory Is Boring:
Light: This was all fun and games, but even I was growing tired at how easy it was to have the great detective L in the palm of my hand. Seeing him powerless to stop me was a thrill; but like all thrills, it was losing its edge. Even having his name, the name I wanted so badly to know—was all nothing now that I knew it. I felt like it was game over. It was the same thing as beating the final boss in a video game and seeing the end cut scenes. It was not satisfying once the task was actually completed. Was the hunt truly over? I wanted to win, but did it have to be so quickly? I was hoping to play a tad longer.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Light and Ryuk
- We Can Rule Together: Light makes this offer to L:
Light: How about we be together and execute justice as Kira? You want to be together so bad, then join me. Come with me and we can rule the world together. Together we can be unstoppable. Think of all the good we can do.
- We Need a Distraction: When L wants to search Light's room he has Mogi call the Yagami house pretending to be a telemarketer. Light finds this blatantly obvious scheme to be an insult to his intelligence.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: after L leaves Light frustrated, Light later gets his revenge as Kira:
Light: With the lack of evidence that links these people to their crimes would suggest that Kira is sexually frustrated and is taking it out on his victims... I mean if I was Kira, then that would be the perfect symbolic gesture to send to people.
L: You shouldn't have done this.
Light: You shouldn't have ignored me.
- Worthy Opponent: L for Light.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: L
- Yandere: Light for L. Later L for Light.
- Yaoi Guys: Light and L