Calling Your Orgasms is the tendency of any character in a sex scene to announce the moment at which they orgasm. This announcement, while usually addressed to the person's partner, may also sometimes be addressed to Jesus, God, the deity of one's choice, or that other person they desperately wish was there instead
. This is frequently done in works in lieu of actually showing the sex act itself as the sounds alone are less explicit than the visuals. But it's also ubiquitous in pornography.
Frequently this trope is parodied or Played For Comedy
especially in the less graphic versions of it.
May or may not invoke a sexual version of Say My Name
. See also Calling Your Attacks
, The Immodest Orgasm
, The Grunting Orgasm
and IKEA Erotica
For many people this can be Truth in Television
(perhaps as a result of its frequent use in media) but, as with all sexual tropes, it does not apply to everyone.
open/close all folders
- A condom commercial has a kid ask permission for crazy actions, just a few seconds before the mother starts shouting "Yes, Yes, YES!".
- Played for big laughs in the superhero parody The Pro, when the title character blows the Superman Captain Ersatz character. He frantically warns her to move her head just as he's about to come, and his super-powered sperm blows a hole through the room, shoots high up in the air, and clips a wing off of a passing airplane.
- Done in a lot of gags in Red Ears.
- IFIX TCEN TCEN! (Also "Ifis Cen Cen". From the photonovela "Supersex". Almost a meme in Italia. Hey, even a beer was named after that.)
- A Pleasant Surprise features this. Played for d'aaawwwwww.
- My Immortal: "I was beginning to get an orgasim."
- This trope also happens unintentionally sometimes, e.g. "Draco and I came."
- Used also in Relax. It fits really nicely, given the emphasis on eroticism and intimacy versus being outright pornographic.
- In American Psycho, Patrick orders the women he has sex with to "let me know when they had orgasms and to be very vocal about it".
- In Educating Sarah, one of the male characters does this in an encounter with the main character, Sarah, despite her probably having a good idea he was getting ready anyway.
Live Action TV
- The BBC3 series Horne & Corden had an Overly-Long Gag sketch around this.
- There's an episode of Sex and the City where Miranda's Guy of the Week asks her to talk dirty for him, and she explains to her girlfriends that the only talk she can do in bed is an 'orgasm alert' - "I'm gonna come, I'm gonna come - because, well, I'm gonna come. Anything else feels like play-acting."
- During the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Once More with Feeling", Tara singing to Willow while they're in her bedroom and lying down and — oh, where'd Willow go out of shot? — "You make me complete... you make me com-plete... you make me— " Cue a Smash Cut to Xander guessing what they might be up to.
Spike: You want me, Slayer? Come and get me!
Buffy: Oh I'm coming. I'm coming right NOW! (cut to Spike getting his 'sweet release')
- On The Tudors, when Henry VIII finally engages in coitus with Anne Boleyn, he announces his climax. Which may be justified, since they both know full well the consequences of her getting pregnant before he's legally married to her.
- Played for laughs in an episode of The IT Crowd with Richmond's weird girl in the server room: "Oh, look at me, having an orgasm!"
- In My Name Is Earl Joy claims Earl shouts "It's happening!" every time he's climaxing.
- Happens several times in Eminem's "FACK".
Stand Up Comedy
- In one of Pablo Francisco's routines involving Don LaFontaine (the Movie Previews Guy), he speculates what it must be like for Mrs. LaFontaine to have sex with the man, in a gag that culminates with the iconic booming voice calling out "Coming soon".
- He does the same thing with Droopy Dog and video gamers, among others.
- Russell Peters does the same thing with British people, culminating with "Oh my God, I'm arriving!"
- Family Guy:
- Apparantly par for the course for Peter:
Lois: "Peter wait, PETE-"
Lois: "Oh...good for you."
- In British porn:
Man:"Almost... Almost... Almost... There we are."
Woman: "Well done."
- Jackie Gleason: "POW! Right in the kisser!"
- And again with Cleveland: