About Last Night
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic by Darth Link 22
of The Nuptialverse
A few months after the events of Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Applejack decides to officially integrate the others into her family with an Apple tradition: a long night of cider drinking. The next morning Applejack wakes up... in Twilight's bed... with a gold band on her hoof... and a legally binding document on the bedside table...
The story is still in progress, and can be found Here
Also has a piece of Recursive Fanfiction
, About Last Night: A Deleted Scene
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: The story focuses on this happening to Twilight and Applejack, though someone is doing their best to make sure that it can't be annulled immediately.
- Alpha Bunny: Angel has a rather dominating desire to control Fluttershy and other animals, and gets rather aggressive when asserting himself; however, Rainbow Dash is more than a match for him.
- Bedmate Reveal: The first chapter ends with Twilight waking up in bed with Applejack, while the second ends with Rarity waking up in bed with Prince Blueblood.
- And in a twist, the magic on the rings reveals Applejack and Twilight have to be bedmates! They found that out the hard way when it magically pulled Applejack across Ponyville!
- Bi the Way: Twilight Sparkle; she even experimented when she was younger to see which gender she liked more with a couple kisses.
- Beta Couple: Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.
- The Casanova: Prince Blueblood.
- Clingy Jealous Bunny: Angel is not happy sharing Fluttershy with Rainbow Dash.
- Confusing Multiple Negatives: One way Twilight corrects Applejack's grammar.
Applejack: "There ainít nothiní ta talk about."
Twilight: "Thatís a double negative, which means there is something to talk about. Now tell me."
- Didn't Think This Through: Flim and Flam try to lock Twilight and AJ in a room and knock them out while they make their escape, underestimating the pair. The fact that they tried to make Silver Shill pull their heavy carriage didn't exactly help their speed either.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Winona definitely counts, once we hear the sort of conversations she has with the other pets.
- The Dog Bites Back: After Flim and Flam run off in an attempt to get away from Twilight and Applejack, Silver Shill grabs two of their bags of bits (knowing that they'd never report the theft due to their paranoia of the Guards), and buys a caravan of his own, and sets out to give them honest competition.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: When Owlowiscious tells Angel that he has compassion for others even when he doesn't benefit, the bad bunny doesn't get what he's talking about.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Blueblood at the very least tells mares he sleeps with that this is a one time thing before hoof. He also makes it clear that he would never take advantage of a mare too intoxicated to consent.
- Failed a Spot Check: Pinkie Pie, who knows all details about all her friends, doesn't recognize Rarity's double is not her.
Pinkie: "Ooh! A wall!."
- Gold Digger: Diamond Tiara's mother apparently only married Filthy Rich for his money
- Hidden Depths: Blueblood is shaping up to be this. He's shown to take his royal duties seriously, was capable of stopping a drunken Rarity when she attacked him without either of them getting hurt, and has mentioned knowing both Twilight and Spike pretty well in the past.
- I Can't Believe A Pony Like You Would Notice Me!: Applejack has some issues with herself, and perceives Twilight as being higher class than her, possibly out of her league.
- Jerkass Has a Point: When Rarity asks why Blueblood treated her so horribly at the Gala if he isn't that much of a snob as he appears, he calls her out on pursuing him for his money and status without knowing anything about him, which she privately concedes. However, when she then asks why he didn't just reject her from minute one, he admits that he did it because it was fun.
- Flim and Flam get away without any legal repercussions from outing Applejack and Twilight's relationship due to privacy laws.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Flim and Flam's actions finally get them arrested, and while they probably won't stay in jail that long, Silver Shill bites back and sets out on his own, apparently to give them some honest competition.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Pinkie on the progression of Spike and the CMC's friendship.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to The Nuptialverse. This also takes place post-wedding, but rather than beat themselves over their treatment of Twilight, the rest of group mostly just let Twilight get away with almost anything around them for the months that followed.
- Mare Magnet: Somehow, don't ask any questions, Spike is shaping up to be one. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are competing with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon over who among them he thinks is the best kisser.
- Mythology Gag: Pinkie entertains Apple Bloom with a story her Granny Pie had taught her, which is clearly based on the first TV special from the G1 series (the one with Tirek and the Rainbow of Light).
- Noodle Incident: Blueblood mentions a camel ambassador trying to kill him a while back. Surprisingly, it failed.
- Not What It Looks Like: Applejack attempts to pull the wedding ring off Twilight's horn with her teeth, while Twilight cries, "Applejack, you're too rough! Be gentle!" Cue the other ponies walking in.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: The pony impersonating Rarity doesn't seem to know what accent she's using, flip-flopping between French and Spanish.
- Recursive Fanfiction: As noted above with the deleted scene.
- As of chapter 10, it's become a double recursion, with a few elements from the recursive fanfic integrated back into the original.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Twilight stumbles into this when Applejack is asking out loud who would try and force them together.
Applejack: What kinda sick, deprived weirdo would force two ponies to be together?
- Shipper on Deck: Twilight theorizes this may be the motive for the culprit behind the marriage and enchanted rings, albeit a rather mean-spirited shipper in her theory. Also, Pinkie Pie is a big-time shipper.
- Shout-Out: Fluttershy warns Rainbow Dash to stay out of her shed. Because that's where she keeps her nocturnal animals, and she doesn't want them disturbed during the day.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: After teleporting into Blueblood's bedroom, drunken Rarity initially attacks him, and then ends up passionately kissing him.
- Spit Take: Rainbow Dash after Fluttershy asks her how many foals they should have.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Flim and Flam have been spying on the Mane Six for months.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: Pinkie (though movie is the term used). When Rainbow points out that they're not in a romance movie, Pinkie replies that it seems like it recently, and RD has no response.
- Third Line, Some Waiting: There's Twilight and Applejack dealing with their new bond and investigating whomever might be responsible. There's Rarity getting roped into helping Blueblood investigate a possible changeling threat and possibly his family issues as well. Back home, there's Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash navigating their relationship while a jealous Angel Bunny attempts to sabotage them and the other pets stand against him, and Spike ending up in a Love Dodecahedron with the Cutie Mark Crusaders (and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon). Darth Link 22 eventually decided to tie these last to off and skim over part of the main plot in response to reader complaints.
- Troll: Blueblood learned from the best.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Pinkie uses a trope name and seriously confuses Big Mac (though to be fair, she had him totally confused already by that point).
Big Macintosh: "... Wha?"
- What Did I Do Last Night?: All over the place.