"Well, I never really did take too much concern in human life. I'm here for justice, not people."Tech 10: Rebooted
—Tech, Tech 10: Rebooted
is a fan fiction hosted on the Ben 10 Fan Fiction
wiki following the adventures of a teenager named Tech
, who uses a gaunlet-like device called the SpecTrix
(Short for 'Specialty Omnimatrix') that can change him into a variety of aliens
to fight evil, or whatever he views as evil, at least.
Created by ChromastoneandTabby
on January 30, 2012, Tech 10: Rebooted is a Continuity Reboot
of the author's original 'Tech 10' series. This series is an Elsewhere Fic
taking place around Omniverse
, and follows a darker turn of events than the main show.
Tech 10: Rebooted contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Warlord Kroz is a perfectly decent person to be around if you aren't fighting him.
- Animalistic Abomination: The Creature from Into The Pit certainly qualifies as one.
- Animesque: The images created for the fic fall into this category; fitting, seeing as it is a Ben 10 fan fic.
- Anti-Hero: Tech fights more for what he believes is 'justice', whether or not that fits in with anyone else's definition.
- Anti-Villain: Warlord Kroz prefers to fight fairly using the Galactic Code of Conduct.
- Arms Dealer: Alvono was in forced labor for one until Tech managed to bust the operation.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The 'Known Bugs' section of the SpecTrix's page contains issues such as 'Combined aliens spontaneously losing atomic structure.' and 'Mechanizations highly vulnerable to harsh enviroments.', but ends with 'Occasionally teleports tacos from other dimensions into the area.'
- Can become Fridge Horror when you consider that the Anti-Telefrag isn't fully implemented...
- Art Evolution: Very noticeable, especially since the art started being made in GIMP instead of MS Paint. For example, compare PHAcid's original design◊ to his current one◊.
- Awesome, but Impractical: A few of Tech's alien forms are this.
- Destructorb is pretty much a living nuclear bomb, but can't control any explosion he starts.
- Rockoustic is powerful enough to destroy a planet with one blow, but is incredibly clumsy.
- Mysticon is a straight-up Reality Warper, but lacks anything resembling common sense.
- Ax-Crazy: Surprisingly Justified; Blyte and other violently insane lifeforms come about as a result of The Void's interference. It's even pointed out that most mentally ill people don't usually end up hurting anyone but themselves.
- Comes Great Insanity: Blyte is an incredibly powerful combiner alien, but his base form's contradictory nature turns him into this trope.
- Darker and Edgier: Where the original Tech 10 continuity was overly simplified and optimistic, this series takes a somewhat more realistic take on the matter.
- Death Glare: Tech has a frequently used one that tends to set things on fire.
- Dishing Out Dirt: One of Golurth's main abilities.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Void counts as one, and even introduces itself as such.
The Void: Oh, I'm not a lifeform, at least not in the way you might think of one. Think of me more as a sentient force of nature, or your friendly neighborhood Eldritch Abomination here to tell you you've made a terrible mistake.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Lampshaded when discussing a type of worm that lives inside one planet's soil.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Steelith's main ability.
- Galactic Conqueror: Kroz has fairly won rule over around 72 planets, though he doesn't seem to actually do anything with them.
- Good Is Not Nice: All three main protagonists fall under this, each having a unique form of rudeness and sarcasm.
- Gravity Master: Gravitar is this.
- Hot Blade: The Pyronaut Blade Tech owns has the ability to cut through most armor when at full temperature.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Tech seems to operate under the first personality type.
- Laughing Mad: Blyte does this when he first wakes up; when questioned by Kroz on this, he simply expresses disappointment at Kroz not 'getting the joke'.
- Magma Man: Magmator's main ability.
- Meaningful Name: The names Tech gives his alien forms all fall under this.
- Noble Demon: Kroz sticks to a moral code seemingly of his own invention at all times.
- Playing with Fire: Heatjet's main ability.
- Poisonous Person: PHAcid is literally covered in highly corrosive acid.
- Ride the Lightning: Electrolite's secondary ability.
- Shock and Awe: Electrolite's main ability.
- Slasher Smile: Blyte has four of these.
- Super Mode: The SpecTrix's 'Evolution' function can basically activate this for any transformation.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: The SpecTrix is basically a souped up copy of the Ultimatrix.
- Take That: The series seems to love taking both subtle and not-so-subtle jabs at the official Ben 10 franchise and cliched fan-fiction.
- Tele-Frag: One of the SpecTrix's known bugs is that the Anti-Telefrag is not fully implemented, meaning this can easily happen if the coordinates entered are currently being occupied.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Again, all three main protagonists seem to fall under this, though they get along decently well with each other.
- The Horde: Most Emotispecters (Warlord Kroz's species) are like this.
- This Is a Drill: One of Sandrill's main abilities.
- Worthy Opponent: Finding one is Kroz's main goal, and the reason he's conquered so many planets.