open/close all folders
Cat-san the Butler
Played by: Jinxed Blackcatandrogynous cat-person from an alternate dimension. Cat-san's claimed purpose is to be a Butler of supposedly great renown and great manners for the cast. Utilizing Hammer Space to materialize anything needed he/she does make Cat-san a particularly good Butler.He/she is prone to serving his/her Master/Mistress in a mildly flirtatious way. Whether this is geniune affection or simply trolling on Cat-san's part is unknown. Nor is he/she picks only one gender to serve/flirt with. Meirin and Fansub-tan are Cat-san's personal favorite targets among the cast.
Played by: Kuro FoxCat Boy computer genius, hacker and The Prankster of the school. Impressive results during class if he does anything at all. Being part cat gives him a knack for climbing and balancing too, which he misuses to set up pranks. Always wears his Scary Shiny Glasses which obscure his eyes completely, leading to no one knowing what Hisoka's face looks like under them.Tropes that apply to Hisoka include:
- Brilliant, but Lazy - Of the easily bored and distractable kind.
- Cat Boy - His ears and tail often get confused as Cos Play though.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass - Lazy, nerdy and quick and agile as a cat.
- Geek Physiques - He is quite slim.
- Jerk Ass - The pranking habit gives this image...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - ... but he never really hurts anyone.
- Magical Computer - He builds these things!
- Playful Hacker - Duh.
- Scary Shiny Glasses - Prone to trigger this while scheming.
- Species Surname - Nekohiro. Though he isn't 100% cat.
- Teen Genius - Double duh.
- The Faceless - It's his reflective glasses that give the effect.
- The Prankster - Favorite past time.
- The Smart Guy - Triple duh.
- Verbal Tic - The usual cat "nya" as well as the extended laughing "Nyahahaha!"
Played by: Füschlatz O'Reillymost likely).However, if you've seen her acting you might be confused.She is a very compelling actress and can be pretty much any type of character if she's given enough motivation. She has had a few minor roles on Spanish soap operas in the past. She is also a petrolhead and a bit of an audiophile, as well as quite a huge fan of raunchy and qrotesque humour.Tropes that apply to Ikue include:
Played by: Awesome Zombie 22
Played by: Sabre's Edge
Voiced by: unknown actor (JP), no English VAThe fansubber began his characterization as a definite male outside the show, acting as a combination of the subtitler, the merchandise seller, and the Greek Chorus; his relationship to the folks who actually write the show was somewhat strained after a few unfortunate incidents involving a Gag Sub (he swears that it wasn't him.) Despite that, he was implied to be instrumental in bringing the show to Western viewers. Consequently, when he was pulled into the show, the anime lost its English subtitles and thus the Western half of its fanbase, resulting in a huge drop in merchandise sales. Due to the resulting budgetary shortfall, the anime went rather badly Off-Model until Funimation rescued it.Currently, Fansub-tan/chan/san/rin (no one's sure which one it is) is stuck within the show as a Fun Sized chibi of ambiguous gender with navy-blue hair and absolutely terrible luck. Strangely, Western Animation tropes seem to apply to him/her as often as Japanese Media Tropes do, meaning that Fansub not only has to deal with Megaton Punches and Marshmallow Hell from Moerin, but also the occasional Anvil on Head, falling Idea Bulbs, and all applications of Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress. In keeping with his/her status, Funi has refused to provide Fansub with a voice actor, claiming that the Gratuitous English and subtitles is fitting punishment for past subtitling transgressions.
- Ambiguous Gender: probably male. Probably.
- Cosmic Plaything: this universe hates Fansub. As in, really, really hates.
- Deadpan Snarker: to an extent; time will tell if Fansub the chibi develops differently from The Fansubber.
- Genre Savvy: like all characters, but in this case it's more of a survival instinct, as a four-ton weight falling from the sky can hurt. Attempts to exploit Cartoon Physics are met with mixed success at best, since this is an anime.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Moerin's first reaction when she saw Fansub. Marshmallow Hell ensued.
- Informed Ability: Up until the switchover to Funimation, the Fansubber apparently was responsible for titling everything in English; after it, the fact that (s)he talks in subtitled Japanese and Gratuitous English has yet to affect anything.
- Megaton Punch: on the receiving side of it after a few attempts to "return" Fansub to the proper role of translating the anime via Twinkle In The Sky. It didn't work, but it did hurt.
- The Unseen: he was never given a physical description until he was pulled into the show.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: navy-blue.
Played by: Moerinprincess from the Magical Land who fights for truth, justice and the Japanese Way! Maybe. The general consensus is that she's none of the above and is just a deluded schoolgirl suffering from some sort of psychological problem.Tropes that apply to Moerin include:
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite her obvious delusions and insanity, she's actually more intelligent than she lets off.
- Comedic Sociopath
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Goes to school dressed in full Magical Girl regalia, and enjoyed dressing up the Fansubber as a maid a little too much.
- The Danza: Moerin is played by Moerin.
- Genki Girl
- Magical Girl: Thinks she's one, but she's just delusional. Maybe.
- Marshmallow Hell: She's rather fond of inflicting this on the Fansubber.
Played by: Compassionate Sadisttsundere tendencies.Tropes that apply to Hiroko include:
Played by: wannabeotaku
Played by: Rogofthe Weirdos
Voiced by: Yuu AsakawaAn aloof, quiet girl who claims to be from the Middle East but may be from out of this world.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She’s not that dark, however her hair is pretty light-colored for someone of her skin tone.
- Emotionless Girl: : Not exactly “emotionless”, but her primary “emotion” is a dazed-like state.
- The Quiet One
- Super Strength
- What the Hell Is That Accent?
Played by: Belial (formerly Pies)
Voiced by: -uncredited- (JP), Vic Mignogna (EN)The reason for the pink guy's presence varies. note Member of the Gourmet Club.
Played by: Mr WDeadpan Snarker mannerisms, meta-ness and his very... short temper.