Roleplay: We Are In A Moe Anime
A forum game
that is Exactly What It Says on the Tin
. And yet that is so totally wrong. The basic premise is a moe
anime with all the moe archetypes were represented with each post. However, it has since turned into its own thing with character of all kinds that could run conceivably every anime trope and type in a Slice of Life
setting, mixed in with gratuitous amounts of Les Yay
, No Fourth Wall
, and general hilarity
There is quite a bit of confusion over exactly
what the anime is called, with several characters all vying for the show to be named after them
Has a Character Page now
Tropes that Apply
Generic tropes only — character-specific ones go on the character page.
- Ambiguous Gender: several characters.
- Fan Sub: not only is there the de rigeur fan sub for the anime, the subber is an actual character who interacts with all the others. And then he gets pulled into the show and is subjected to Ambiguous Gender...
- Fun with Subtitles: see above.
- No Fourth Wall: it starts out normally enough, until the Fan Subber is introduced as an actual character within the first few posts. Things slide downhill from there, as expected in a comedic forum RP.
- Off Model: this happens a few times, parodying the tendency for many anime shows to suffer this fate when their budgets run low.
- The Merch: invoked as a motivation for the "show", not to mention the huge amounts of fanservice early on.
- Marshmallow Hell: Moerin enjoys doing this with Fansub-rin.
- Running Gag: Fansub-tan's honorific changes every time it's mentioned.