open/close all folders
KevinThe main character. A 10 year old boy who's interested in history.
Kevin's ParentsA couple who only care about how good their kitchen is and gossip about how someone they know has the latest technology.
- Asshole Victim: They don't care about Kevin at all. They deserved to get blown up.
The Time Bandits
A gang of dwarfs that come from Heaven and helped God create the Universe. But they decided that robbing people over time was more fun.
- With Friends Like These...: The other Bandits don't like Randall too much. Can you blame them?
RandallThe leader of the gang.
- Not So Different: He says to Kevin that they both have a lot in common. But Kevin doesn't buy it. Can you blame him?
WallyThe brawn of the gang
StrutterThe brains of the gang
FidgetThe nice one
OgThe stupid one
- Animorphism: Evil turns him into a pig.
- Mind-Control Device: The Evil Genius uses him to lure the Bandits to the Fortress of Ultimate Darkness so that Evil can have the map to take over the world.
VerminThe hungry one
- Randall: Vermin! Would you stop eating?
Evil GeniusThe main villain who wants to take over the Universe.................. and understand modern technology.
- Bad Boss: He kills one of his minions all just for asking him why can't he leave the fortress.
- Berserk Button: Never say that the Supreme Being created him, unless you want to get blown up.
- Faux Affably Evil: He apologizes to someone after accidentally zapping him.
- Laughably Evil: In the climax, he fights the heroes in the funniest ways, like turning himself into a carnival prop and turning into a pin cushion.
- A God Am I: His motivation for taking over the world. That and understanding technology.
- Psychic Powers: He is able to take control of Randall's tank and Wally's spacecraft with his mind in the climax.Randall: I can't control it!Evil: Of course you can't, you silly little man! I control them!
- Satanic Archetype
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He turns himself into a pin cushion in the climax.
BensonOne of Evil's stupid minions
- Animorphism: Evil turns him into a sheepdog.
RobertAnother stupid minion
HorsefleshA former member of the Time Bandits who betrayed them
- Demoted to Extra: He had a big role in the script, but his lines were removed and he's just more of a background character.
- The Voiceless: He has no lines. Although in the original script he did.
The Middle Ages
- Nice Guy: He seems to be nice to the Time Bandits until they leave."Thank you very much. Thank you very, very, very much! (beat) Awful people."
Robin Hood's "Merry Men"They're just as nasty as Randall and they give money to the poor alright, but not without punching them in the face.
- Gender Flip: Marian is a man
- Deadpan Snarker"Well, you certainly are a chatty little fellow."
- Parental Substitute: To the point where Agamemnon adopts him.
- The Reveal: See below.
- Sean Connery: In the script it said "The Greek Warrior takes off his helmet to reveal he is none other than Sean Connery, or any actor who was CAN afford." Gilliam actually meant to hire a cheaper actor of similar physical stature and only wrote that Agamemnon looked like Connery as a joke, but somehow the script found its way to Connery and he expressed an interest in doing the role.
- Throw It In: Agamemnon doing a magic trick for Kevin was Connery's idea.
- It was also Connery's idea for him to play the fireman at the end.
The QueenAgamemnon's wife. They have a complex relationship.
Bull Headed Warrior
NapoleonFrench conqueror who only likes short people.
- "That's what I like: Little things hitting each other."
The Time of Legends
Winston The Ogre
- Affably Evil: He's adorable, but he does want to eat Kevin and the bandits.
- Ill Boy: He's sick all the time.
- Affably Evil: Like her husband.
"Your Money Or Your Life" Host
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Jim Broadbent
The Supreme BeingGod himself whom the Bandits stole the map from.
- "Return what you have stolen from me! Return the map! It'll bring you great danger! Stop now!"