YMMV: Time Bandits
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The Time Bandits themselves - a collective Villain Protagonist group, Hero Antagonist? Lovable rogues? Bratty man children?
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The opening and closing theme, as well as George Harrison's song "Dream Away" during the end credits. (Harrison produced the film.)
- Esoteric Happy Ending - Judging by the very negative portrayal of consumerism and mundane thinking that Kevin's parents represent, the filmmakers might see their total destruction to be a good thing for Kevin in the long run.
- Genius Bonus - The unspoken tension between Agamemnon and his wife is a reference to their fate in Greek mythology: their marriage ends in murder. It's perhaps best that Kevin isn't around for that.
- Nightmare Fuel:
"Return what you have stolen from me. Return the map. Return the map. It will put you in great danger. Stop, now."
- The Supreme Being's head chasing the Time Bandits.
- Evil's army. As if a hoard of screeching, 8 ft. tall creatures with hook hands and cow skull heads weren't scary enough, they can also shoot missiles out of their eyes.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs? - The weirdness builds up during the entire movie. Once the protagonists enter the Time of Legends, it gets downright trippy, with the final showdown against Evil as one of the most surreal moments in the history of cinema.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: The film was rated PG, but this was before PG-13 was introduced - a lot of kids were halfway traumatized by some of the visuals.