Characters: Tekken Tag Tournament
open/close all folders
Unknown in Tag 2
There are many fan theories
about this character; the most popular around the game's release was that she was a brainwashed Jun Kazama, controlled by the lupine spirit that floated above her, although she only slightly resembles Jun (but always starts the match using her moveset). Nevertheless, as her name suggests, not much is known about her. She is the final boss character in TTT
. A video leak revealed that she returns as the boss of the sequel and reveals that, yes, she is a possessed Jun
Tropes associated with Unknown:
- Affably Evil: She's nicer when she is in her Jun form. That's probably because she wants to (and probably will) absorb you.
- Body Paint: The purple ooze that covers her body seems to be embedded in her skin. Without it, she'd be naked. See her TTT1 ending.
- From some of the continue screens, it seems that her ooze, uh, oozes in and out of the skin.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Certainly the case in the first Tag. The second title drops the "brainwashed" part and amps up the crazy.
- Said to be reversed for Jun, but this is not confirmed.
- Cute and Psycho: She's half-nude and smiles a lot, but it's one of those smiles and where she fits on the good and bad scale is... well, unknown.
- Demonic Possession: She breaks free of it in her ending, though.
- In TTT2 if you lost to her it will go to a first person view of her standing over you. As the continue timer counts down she reaches her hand out and if it hits zero she reaches out to you, and the screen goes black. Jun has gone Darker and Edgier? Yeah, looks like it.
- Ditto Fighter: Unlike other examples, she doesn't even need to wait until the end of the round.
- No longer the case in TTT2, as Unknown uses only Jun's style augmented by her boss moves.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Fallen Angel: In her TTT2 ending, like her default boss ending, she drowns down in her purple goop stage. Angel appears, touches her, and her ooze disappears while Unknown slowly sinks down to oblivion.
- If you think about, her stage's name, Fallen Garden, is an extension of this.
- Foil: To her alter ego. Whereas Jun is quite reserved, conservative and graceful... Unknown is quite sensual (if you can call it that), unrestrained and zombie-like.
- Giggling Villain: When transforming in Boss mode, she takes an erotic breath before she starts chuckling. Listen carefully.
- Mama Bear: If the theory is to be believed, and it's helped along by the fact that she has a reversed version of Jin's tattoo and starts off with Jun's moveset.
- Not to mention Ogre's ending, where Unknown has a Big Damn... Something moment to save Jin from being absorbed by Ogre.
- Confirmed in the sequel. She is Jun.
- Mamiko Noto: Does the double voicing of Unknown, with Jun's voice and a pitched down version mixed in to give her the voice.
- One-Winged Angel
- Power Tattoo: The same as Jin's, only with reverse orientation.
- Psychotic Smirk: Unlike Jun, she smiles quite a bit. Even when she's as good as naked. Or threatening. Or batshit insane.
- Quieter Than Silence: Does not NEED to say anything in her introduction. Her pose and the ominous wind sound effect is enough to convey her eeriness.
- The Reveal: Jun serves as the Final Boss in Tag 2. When you beat her in the first round, she becomes Unknown.
- Silent Snarker
- Superpowered Evil Side: She fits the superpowered side for Jun, but given Jun herself is very much Darker and Edgier and Good Is Not Nice, and Unknown seems nicer (see Affably Evil above) consider it an Inverted Trope for now.
- SNK Boss: Not so much in the first Tag title, but moreso on the 2nd title. Let's see here. Rather large health bar with the ability to recover health? Check. Counters just like Jun Kazama but much stronger and with higher priority? Check. A move that can reduce your health to 1 point while force-tagging your partner in? Check. Attacks from above and/or below that can't be anticipated and are very punishing? Check. Aggressively using her boss moves while aggressively attacking you? Check. Of course, these boss moves are nerfed when playing as Unknown.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Very appropriate for someone who's Jun's alter ego.
- There Was a Door: Forcefully invoked in one of her command grabs, wherein, if her opponent is not backed up to an already extant wall, she creates one of hardened goo through which she then smashes her opponent. If she's paired up with her human form, she can change back and proceed from there.
- The Voiceless: Other than her combat grunts, groans, and her chuckle, she doesn't say anything. Which does more for her character than if she spoke.
- What Could Have Been: According to the Tekken 6 artbook, she was meant to be Jun's younger sister. This was dropped when TTT became a spin-off.
Tetsujin in Tekken Revolution
A mimic character like Mokujin
only made out of metal. His only appearance was in Tekken Tag Tournament
It finally makes a reappearance in Tekken Revolution
as a secret sub-boss
Tropes associated with Tetsujin: