Characters: Super Sentai Academia
The character page for Super Sentai Academia. If you're a character donator and you want to put your character onto this page, please do so.
Team LightningThe first team to appear in the story and also the team that recieves the most focus. Team Lightning is a team that is stationed on the very town that contains Yatsude Saburao Academy, home of ranger trainees and rangers alike. The team consists of, Takuya Shiba, the 22nd head of the Shiba Clan and Great Grandson of Takeru Shiba, Jin who is one of the Academy's smartests students (or that's what the story claims), and Reiko who is a Shrinking Violet who ironically uses the power of Gekiyellow.
Tropes Associated with Team Lightning
- Big Damn Heroes: Nearly every appearance has them pulling off one of these, especially their debut.
- Shock and Awe: With a name like Team Lightning, this is pretty obvious.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Played Straight and Averted at the same time. On one hand, nearly every appearance by this squad has them taking the spotlight from whoever the chapter focuses on. On the other hand, most chapters focus on other teams and sometimes Team Lightning is only there for a Mandatroy Appearance.
- Big Brother Instinct/Big Brother Attraction: He's overprotective of his sister Mariko, and there's some stuff that he said that might seem a little weird.
- Expy: Might as well be an Expy of Takeru.
- Playing with Fire
- Super Mode: Got to use Hyper Mode early in the story but ends up giving the Kyoryu Disk to his sister so he doesn't readily have access to its power. And Later he gets Super Mode, with an added extra of Wings.
- Ship Tease: He has some with Reiko.
- In fact, he has ship tease with quite a few characters in the fic itself, however most of them are just one sided on the girls' side. But in the Academia Romance forum, there's a question marked character next to Takuya and Reiko's name and since Takuya is in the center obviously there's going to be some sort of Love Triangle at least.
- Take Up My Sword: Was declared to be the 22nd head of the Shiba Clan before his father's last battle.
- The Hero: He's the main character of the fic, not Ryan.
- Unwanted Harem: Includes many girls that aren't Reiko apparently, including his sister.
- Butt Monkey
- Expy: Ironically, not of Isshu, but of Ryuunosuke if only for his lancer qualities to Takuya. This comes to a clash when Jin meets another Ryuunosuke Expy.
- Makes sense since he is after all descended from Ryuunosuke
- Ho Yay: He drools over how hot he thinks Takuya is after seeing Takuya in a dress.
- Informed Ability: He's supposed to be a funny guy and Smart Guy. He's shown some of his smarts by identifying enemy types. Him being a funny guy, not so much.
- The Lancer / Yes-Man: To Takuya, so much that Jin will bark if Takuya told him to. And Jin doesn't even have to be told to bark and he'll still bark.
- Shipper on Deck"Reiko-san, when are you and Takuya going to become an Official Couple?"
- Shock and Awe: The only member of the team whose primary power is this.
- The Smart Guy: So far shown with him identifying enemy types.
Team ElementsThe secondary main team of Super Sentai Academia. Team Elements is a team stationed in Yatsude Saburo Academy, most likely because one of its members is still a High School student that attends the Academy for schooling purposes. This is a newly made team as its third member joined not too long ago.
Tropes Associated With Team Elements
- Angst? What Angst?: Both Daiki and Mariko don't seem to care that their old third member had died recently, however Mariko's bio suggets otherwise.
- Elemental Powers: Hence the name. Mariko and Ryan have two covered, Daiki covers the rest with his solid illusions.
- Action Girl
- Big Brother Worship: Borderline Big Brother Attraction.
- Blow You Away
- Genki Girl
- Hidden Depths: Her bio made by the author suggests that she hides real self under her Genki self.
- Ship Tease: She was made to indirectly ship Takeru and Mako. She also has some with characters in the fic itself.
- Super Mode: Got to use Hyper Mode early on and it's been confirmed that she now has the Kyoryu Disk so it means she can pull it off again if she wants to.
- Friend to All Children: According to his bio. Also shown by Yuuji who takes to Daiki really fast.
- Near Death Experience: According to Daiki's bio, he nearly drowned when he was younger. This would explain why he tends to create floods whenever he creates illusions.
- Making a Splash: Not one of his real powers but whenever he uses his Illusion attack, he tends to create floods with it.
- Master of Illusion
- Out of Focus: So much that when his first appearance in a while are just a few lines, this gets Lampshaded.
- Decoy Protagonist: He lives, but his late appearance in the first chapter might as well be an indication that he's the main character, yet he's not treated like one. He does however get a few chapters that focus on him completely.
- Fragile Speedster / Glass Cannon
- Older Than They Look: Was thought to be a sixteen year old by the other characters. He's actually twenty one.
- Playing with Fire
- Sixth Ranger: He was literally the sixth ranger to appear in the fic.
Team TekkenTeam created by Honoomaru. Has yet to make a full appearence, only member to make an appearence is Aoi Sora.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Shock and Awe
- Dance Battler
- Name's the Same: She shares a name with a real life AV Idol. This is just a coincidence.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Sort of. The Author had no idea that there existed an actual Aoi Sora in real life until another reader brought it up. Now Aoi is more than just a simple Dance Battler and is now an idol model.
Other Redryuranger 11 Characters
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt his sister to the point she collapses. He will exact his revenge.
- Brother-Sister Incest / Twincest: Pretty much what most readers noticed the moment he and Leila appeared.
- Cool Ship: Gokaigalleon
- Crazy Awesome: He makes it his life to make sure everything he does fits under this category.
- Anti-Climax: He really hates these, especially when it happens to him, which is often.
- Establishing Character Moment: Not Gokaired's debut but Mark's first appearance as a character. He crashes a monster meeting, starts fighting off the monsters once he's caught, chops off a diamond from a monster after getting saved by his sister, then proceeds to blow up the place where the meeting was being held. Oh and then he and his sister french kiss. Incestous Space Pirate Badass sighted Captain.
- Instant Expert: For a guy who can't tell the difference between a Ranger and a Kamen Rider, he sure knows how to use his Tajador powers.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: The two are together after all.
- Playing with Fire: After using the Tajador key.
- Shout-Out: His debut as Mark is very similar to Andros's first appearance.
- Space Pirate: He's an alien
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: After his appearance, he's pretty much taken the spotlight from the other characters. This has been lampshaded in the Author notes.
- What Could Have Been: Mark was origially going to be a character called Captain Red and with a completely different personality to boot as seen in Gokaired's debut chapter, where Gokaired seemed a little bit different from Mark. Captain Red would've been a rude alien that only appeared from time to time to help. Luckily however the author found a love for Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger so we now instead have a Hot-Blooded Space Pirate that loves to steal shiny things.
First Mate Leila/Gokaired II
- Action Girl: Oh yeah.
- Brother-Sister Incest / Twincest: Same as above
- Genki Girl
- Hyper Competent Sidekick: From time to time, when something comes up that Mark can't handle, Leila will come to bail him out.
- Even if she is this, she tends to get worried about being unable to actively join her brother in battle.
- Space Pirate
- Stay in the Kitchen: Mark doesn't really want to involve Leila in battle. Doesn't mean Mark won't let Leila into battle though.
- Token Romance: To Mark. The thing is, they're siblings.
- What Could Have Been: Originally she wasn't going to have a character since Captain Red would've been a lone ranger. Instead due to Mark's appearance, we have a First Mate that comes to bail her brother out from time to time.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He acts goofy and all but once he gets into a fight, he drops his Verbal Tic and he proceeds to kick ass.
- Expy: Word of god says that Taiga is supposedly a goofier Shafu.
- Dirty Old Man: Subverted. Turns out he was actually only trying to rile the girls up so they would unite against him since the training required the girls to work together.
- Really 700 Years Old: We learn that even though he looks young, he's actually about over a century old.
- Super Mode: Right from the beginning he already has the ability to go to his Super Mode.
- Seems to use it as his Default mode.
- Verbal Tic: Nya and Jya. He can drop it anytime he wants though.
- And he likes to literally say Meow for some reason.
- Mr. Vice Guy
- No Name Given: He never shouts out his full name during roll call.
- Apparently he only gives his full name to someone who he is about to kill.
- Phrase Catcher: Because he never ever says his full name during his roll call. Usually from Mariko."Hey that's not fair, say your name!"
- Spam Attack: The author goes in great detail telling readers what number Sword Beam is going to do and always ends with what the hundreth beam does.
- Cool Teacher: He is treated like this at the Academy by his old students.
- Nearly Killed Off for Real: It really seemed like he was dead during the end of the chapters that introduced Tamashi Frontier.
- Original Generation: So much that he keeps talking about it.
- Playing with Fire: Very unlike the real Goseigers.
- The Hero: Of Tamashi Frontier.
- Cross Over: He can summon Quantrons, grunts that appeared in Power Rangers in Space.
- Jumped at the Call: He really wanted to help out the Academy. Instead he was permanently morphed into Nejired and now holds a grudge.
- Playing with Fire: He can shoot fireballs and he can transform his grunts into the fiery monster Neji Phantom.
- Tragic Hero: Most likely why the author doesn't put him in with the other villains in his bio.
Kaori Shiba/Fem Shinkenred
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: Except Takuya appears to refer to her as an Aunt.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The fact that she's counted as a separate warrior from the regular Shinkenred. The Gokaiger 35th anniversary movie is going to treat the Female Shinkenred as one of the heroes that will add the number of heroes up to 199, along with the regular Shinkenred.
- Stalker with a Crush: Noted to be this to Takuya of all people in her bio.
- Yandere: Why else would she decide to kill Takuya if she's a Stalker with a Crush!