Characters: Super Sentai Academia
The character page for Super Sentai Academia
. If you're a character donator and you want to put your character onto this page, please do so.
The first team to appear in the story and also the team that recieves the most focus. Team Lightning is a team that is stationed on the very town that contains Yatsude Saburao Academy, home of ranger trainees and rangers alike. The team consists of, Takuya Shiba, the 22nd head of the Shiba Clan and Great Grandson of Takeru Shiba
, Jin who is one of the Academy's smartests students (or that's what the story claims
), and Reiko who is a Shrinking Violet
who ironically uses the power of Gekiyellow
Tropes Associated with Team Lightning
- Big Damn Heroes: Nearly every appearance has them pulling off one of these, especially their debut.
- Shock and Awe: With a name like Team Lightning, this is pretty obvious.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Played Straight and Averted at the same time. On one hand, nearly every appearance by this squad has them taking the spotlight from whoever the chapter focuses on. On the other hand, most chapters focus on other teams and sometimes Team Lightning is only there for a Mandatroy Appearance.
- Big Brother Instinct/Big Brother Attraction: He's overprotective of his sister Mariko, and there's some stuff that he said that might seem a little weird.
- Expy: Might as well be an Expy of Takeru.
- Playing with Fire
- Super Mode: Got to use Hyper Mode early in the story but ends up giving the Kyoryu Disk to his sister so he doesn't readily have access to its power. And Later he gets Super Mode, with an added extra of Wings.
- Ship Tease: He has some with Reiko.
- In fact, he has ship tease with quite a few characters in the fic itself, however most of them are just one sided on the girls' side. But in the Academia Romance forum, there's a question marked character next to Takuya and Reiko's name and since Takuya is in the center obviously there's going to be some sort of Love Triangle at least.
- Take Up My Sword: Was declared to be the 22nd head of the Shiba Clan before his father's last battle.
- The Hero: He's the main character of the fic, not Ryan.
- Unwanted Harem: Includes many girls that aren't Reiko apparently, including his sister.
- Butt Monkey
- Expy: Ironically, not of Isshu, but of Ryuunosuke if only for his lancer qualities to Takuya. This comes to a clash when Jin meets another Ryuunosuke Expy.
- Makes sense since he is after all descended from Ryuunosuke
- Ho Yay: He drools over how hot he thinks Takuya is after seeing Takuya in a dress.
- Informed Ability: He's supposed to be a funny guy and Smart Guy. He's shown some of his smarts by identifying enemy types. Him being a funny guy, not so much.
- The Lancer / Yes-Man: To Takuya, so much that Jin will bark if Takuya told him to. And Jin doesn't even have to be told to bark and he'll still bark.
- Shipper on Deck
- Shock and Awe: The only member of the team whose primary power is this.
- The Smart Guy: So far shown with him identifying enemy types.
The secondary main team of Super Sentai Academia. Team Elements is a team stationed in Yatsude Saburo Academy, most likely because one of its members is still a High School student that attends the Academy for schooling purposes. This is a newly made team as its third member joined not too long ago.
Tropes Associated With Team Elements
- Friend to All Children: According to his bio. Also shown by Yuuji who takes to Daiki really fast.
- Near Death Experience: According to Daiki's bio, he nearly drowned when he was younger. This would explain why he tends to create floods whenever he creates illusions.
- Making a Splash: Not one of his real powers but whenever he uses his Illusion attack, he tends to create floods with it.
- Master of Illusion
- Out of Focus: So much that when his first appearance in a while are just a few lines, this gets Lampshaded.
Team created by Honoomaru. Has yet to make a full appearence, only member to make an appearence is Aoi Sora.
Other Redryuranger 11 Characters
First Mate Leila/Gokaired II
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He acts goofy and all but once he gets into a fight, he drops his Verbal Tic and he proceeds to kick ass.
- Expy: Word of god says that Taiga is supposedly a goofier Shafu.
- Dirty Old Man: Subverted. Turns out he was actually only trying to rile the girls up so they would unite against him since the training required the girls to work together.
- Really 700 Years Old: We learn that even though he looks young, he's actually about over a century old.
- Super Mode: Right from the beginning he already has the ability to go to his Super Mode.
- Seems to use it as his Default mode.
- Verbal Tic: Nya and Jya. He can drop it anytime he wants though.
- And he likes to literally say Meow for some reason.
- Cross Over: He can summon Quantrons, grunts that appeared in Power Rangers in Space.
- Jumped at the Call: He really wanted to help out the Academy. Instead he was permanently morphed into Nejired and now holds a grudge.
- Playing with Fire: He can shoot fireballs and he can transform his grunts into the fiery monster Neji Phantom.
- Tragic Hero: Most likely why the author doesn't put him in with the other villains in his bio.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: Except Takuya appears to refer to her as an Aunt.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The fact that she's counted as a separate warrior from the regular Shinkenred. The Gokaiger 35th anniversary movie is going to treat the Female Shinkenred as one of the heroes that will add the number of heroes up to 199, along with the regular Shinkenred.
- Stalker with a Crush: Noted to be this to Takuya of all people in her bio.
- Yandere: Why else would she decide to kill Takuya if she's a Stalker with a Crush!