open/close all folders
Escalation Route P Cs
Katina TaraskOperations Director of Nerv Japan, Katina was chosen to be in charge of the Evas because of her mad genius and her determination to save the world. Having grown up in the post-Second Impact world, she knows the dangers the Angels represent and refuses to let anyone be hurt by them again. While loyal to Nerv, she realises that elements of it are engaged in objectional practises, and works to curb this factionalism, and keep the organisation on the straight and narrow. She also looks after all the pilots (though duries are now shared with Sakura), keeping their spirits up with her upbeat (and ever-so-slightly perverse) personality.Based less on the SRW:OG character and more on a certain fanfic reinterpretation.
- Badass Normal: At least at first...
- Bi the Way: Katina is free and easygoing when it comes to sexuality, although she hasn't really been bouncing between partners here. Encourages the teenaged Eva pilots to chase down whoever takes their fancy, and doesn't rule out 'sandwiches' either.
- Blessed with Suck: Despite their utility, the Murakumo powers just never worked out for Katina. The Visor kept showing her stuff she didn't want to see, it caused almost all magical beings to react warily of her, and the few times she did get to be a superheroine, she was continually being upstaged.
- Body Horror: As Katina learned more and more about the Saber Kraken powers, she treated it more and more like this. Finally culminating in her transformation into an Angel, her ultimate fear...Which she took rather well when she realised she was still in control, and could change back to human form.
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: Taking down Gennai Hiraga.
- This is while Katina was still a Badass Normal. True, she had a magic knife that would neutralize Hiraga's electrical powers, but it was still a rough fight.
- Cursed with Awesome: Compared to the Murakumo powers, actually being an Angel is working out great for her. She's still rather anxious about being able to destroy the world, but for now it seems to be working out.
- Cute Monster Girl: Once absorbed by Zeruel, Katina essentially becomes an Angel herself, resembling the Zeruel-XX figurines, but blonde and heterochromic, naturally. Also, she starts having Angel Babbies every time she eats the core of another Angel.
- Wordof God confirmed that Katina could start Third Impact if she attempted to eat Adam or Lilith.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted. According to Vincent, letting her into a kitchen is one step down from letting an Angel into the Geofront.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Not one to forget to tell people how she feels. She can be subtle about it when she needs to be, but she rarely chooses to even then.
- Mama Bear: Instantly forms attachments to all the kids that end up in her apartment, and turns psycho whenever any of them are threatened. Vincent being a slight exception. He reverse-adopted her, to the point where he actually does consider her his mother. Everything else is straight though.
- Pimped-Out Dress: And how.
Vincent AlcataiOne of NERV's first pilots, Vincent Alcatai can't remember anything prior to a certain date. Nonetheless, he was told pointblank to pilot Unit-00 or be killed. The character closest on this route to an actual original character, Vincent's often thought of as a rejected Getter pilot. And given the way he acts, it's not hard to see why. Given his Midseason Upgrade and what he's confirmed to be doing during G2, he's actually more of a Brave pilot.
- Badass: Definitely earned, after grappling with Zeorymer mid-Meiou and throwing it into the path of a Buster Beam.
- Bi the Way (Seems to show signs of affection towards Shinji. Despite being in a relationship with Viletta...)
- Big Ham: Well he is Akebara's biological son...
- Butt Monkey: Prone to being on the receiving end of unfortunate events, almost constantly shown up in fights despite his ability to turn the tide...
- Calling Your Attacks: Firing the missiles? Top of lungs yelling occurs. Shining Finger? Top of lungs yelling occurs.
- Catch Phrase: "Never, EVER underestimate Vincent Alcatai!".
- Chekhov's Gun: Early on, it's established that he has a necklace in the shape of his initials. It's later revealed that the necklace has some sort of power of it's own, as it contributed to the death of the first Vincent.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Several.
- Punched an Angel's head so hard it exploded.
- Managed to slice through a Mazinger's arm with his Eva's BFS.
- Went Burly Brawl on a bunch of Saurian goons with the help of Akebara and Hazama
- Hit 200% Synch Ratio, manifested enough Ki to produce a flaming 12km sword despite this meaning he practically cooks himself *and* his Eva alive, and proceeds to, technically whilst helping Kamui, completely and totally devastate an otherwise Nigh Invulnerable dinosaur god. He survived all this, albeit crippled from the neck down and having lost his left arm from his high Synch Ratio... Well, until his plug exploded.
- Expendable Clone: Gotten himself blown up once. Thankfully, he has reserves waiting to be defrosted at a moment's notice.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Not so much 'half' as 'third', but he has dinosaur DNA in him.
- Happily Adopted: Officially, by Katina. Unofficially, he adopted her.
- Even after finding out that Akebara is his biological mother, Vincent can't see her as anything other than a REALLY awesome sister. The feeling ain't mutual.
- Heroic RROD: Pushing his Ki manipulation past what he's capable of handling can easily lead to an early grave for him. Fortunately, he knows where his limit stands, and does his damnedest to improve said limit.
- Henshin Hero: 'Shining Zero', aka Downsized Shining Gundam. His hair even perks up into a V-Fin at the start of the transformation.
- Hot-Blooded: Very, very much so. To the point where it was once joked that he would be voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama. It became canon.
- So much so that the Getter Team have offered him a job should he get thrown out of NERV. Or at least Kojiro did.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Within a minute of finding out Shinji and Sacchin were a couple, he backed off.
- Memetic Mutation: VINCENT'S EYE IS -insert ridiculous assumption here-. Even if he isn't heterochromic anymore...
- Midseason Upgrade: The Brave-esque J-Zero◊.
- Royal Blood: He's the Third Prince of the Dinosaur Empire. Yeah.
Rei IkariShinji Ikari's younger sister, and the pilot of Unit-01. While she appears very similar (if a bit younger) than Rei Ayanami, she is the biological child of Gendo and Yui and lacks red eyes. A bit of a troublemaker and the youngest main character of the entire cast, Rei tends to find herself caught a massive conspiracy... and she's part of it whether or not she wants to be.
- Blessed with Suck: Oh hey, Rei's got this awesome power where she can see other worlds and copy stuff they can do? It's saved her life, she can do the Shining Finger and a bunch of stuff from Gunbuster! And then she nearly turns into a True Ancestor, caused Third Impact in another world (which she had to go fix), and now she's confirmed as the living Seal of Thunder- which is going to put an even BIGGER target on her back.
- Body Horror: Rei's attempt to copy a True Ancestor turned into this. She managed to get it reversed- barely before the transformation completed.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Rei seems to get quite a few of these.
- Hell, during her prelude she managed to roll a natural 1 on a Synch check inside Zeorymer. Masaki was blocked from entering Masato, and things may have turned out well.
- Then there was the China finale- cornered by Zouken Matou, she managed to call forth a technique voluntarily for the first time- landing a Shining Finger into Zouken's face before blasting him with a Buster Beam straight out of Gunbuster.
- Magical Girl: While most of the cast has some form of this trope, Rei is notable for being the Kaleido Ruby.
- Marry Them All: During the second arc, Rei is told that this is how she will solve her romantic issues- or as Rei calls it, a 'Sandwich'.
- Properly Paranoid: There's a reason Rei's paranoid that everyone's out to get her. Everyone's already tried to kidnap her. Hell, spending a month in China with the I-Jin and Zouken triggered her mother's intellect and her father's knack for conspiracies... both of which have now made Rei into the route's conspiracy nut. And she's turned out to be right quite a few times.
- Random Number God: He's very schizo when it comes to Rei. He's actually pretty good to Rei, and she passes more often than not. But when she gets on a bad streak of rolls... shit gets bad.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. Rei actually has green eyes.
- Played straight when Rei started to turn into a True Ancestor. Her eyes became redder as the species change progressed.
- Rei-ncarnation: Rei Ikari is G!verse's version of Noriko Takaya. She's come into possession of a Buster Machine which acts as Powered Armor for Unit 01. She now has red hair, and it's been confirmed she'll eventually get the headband Noriko's known for.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Wordof God has outright stated that Lou Roux will end up with Rei.
- Considering Rei's current age, anyone who got involved with her and knows her right now would qualify. That's a LOT of people.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played straight. Rei has blue hair. She eventually loses it in favor of red hair.
Akebara KasshuThe lone student of Master Asia, Akebara Kasshu was rearing up to be one of the greatest martial artists in the world- and then Master Asia vanished into thin air. In an attempt to find him, Akebara was convinced to join NERV- where she became the pilot of Unit-04. A Rule 63'd Domon Kasshu, Akebara is a bit calmer than her male counterpart.
- Badass: All of the main characters have this, but Akebara was one first.
- Big Ham: Well, she IS a student of Master Asia.
- Calling Your Attacks: Again- student of Master Asia. Why wouldn't she be.
- Fangirl: A particularly large fan of real-life female samurai Tomoe-Gozen.
- Love Triangle: Very briefly, with Katina and Motoko Katsuragi. She quit.
- Mama Bear (To Vincent. And Kallen. So, so much.)
Shinji IkariThe main character of Neon Genesis Evangelion is surprisingly close to canon, all things considered. Besides the fact that he's got a sister this time and is piloting Unit-05 instead of 01, Shinji starts off as the Shinji from the show- albeit a little more stable. And if his first Crowning Moment of Awesome is anything to go by, not always scared of his own shadow.
- Berserk Button: Threaten his little sister. He will immediately punch you in the face.
- Bi the Way: Shinji has displayed some mutual...interest in Vincent. Not to mention the whole Lora/Loran confusion.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: During Shinji and Rei's prelude, he bodysurfed a JSSDF bodyguard out of a moving van.
- Future Badass: If Saver's Cryptic Hints are anything to go by, Shinji will only continue to grow on the path of Baddass.
- Henshin Hero: Shinji's transformation trinket is the Berserker Card... which had the soul of Guts from Berserk.
- Split Personality: Guts' soul now resides *inside* Shinji. While it assume control during a confrontation with Griffith, it's yet to be seen if Guts will vie for dominance or remain in the background once Shinji returns home.
- Wild Mass Guessing: Unit-05 never went through a Contact Experiment. Yet Shinji and Rei are the only people cleared to pilot the Eva.
Lora BrowningDescribe this character
- List of Tropes
Saber Lily, aka King ArturiaArturia first appeared in a world where NERV had to fight off Dead Apostles instead of the I-Jin as Saber Alter. Under the mind control of Caster, she carried out that Servant's will... and then she was 'befriended' by Rei Nanoha-style by so many degrees of success she became a player character. Next to Shinji, Arturia is in the running for 'Main character closest to canon'.
- Ascended Extra: As stated, Saber did start out as an NPC. And then she was befriended.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Saber spent a VERY long time under Caster's influence, with nothing but dark memories to comfort her. Rei's 'befriending' removed the crazy and the mind-control.
- Defeat Means Friendship: It's been joked that this has become 'Defeat means love' due to the sheer degrees of success.
- Dual Wielding: Saber was giddy at the idea she could do this with Caliburn and Excalibur during the assault on NERV in her native world.
- I Owe You My Life: Arturia invokes this when Rei asks why she wanted to help her. Keep in mind that this is mere minutes after she was 'befriended'.
- Not as You Know Them: While Arturia is fairly close to canon!Saber, Arturia never had to hide the fact she was a woman.
- Reincarnation: Arturia is King Arthur.
Evolution Route P Cs
- Ax-Crazy: The guy carries around an ax to invoke this trope.
- Badass Normal: As of the end of the second story arc in SRWG, Hazama is the only person not utilizing some form of magic, alien biology, or technology in P-scale combat.
- Not as You Know Them: He's actually a pretty decent guy.
Kei KurumaThe pilot of Neo Getter-2 is possibly the least crazy of the Getter pilots. Then again, she's a Getter pilot. She makes up for the perceived lack of crazy with an insane amount of willpower, and cannot be dissuaded when she sets her mind to something. Fairly close to her canon counterpart, and raised by Benkei Kuruma.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt Ibis. Or Kojiro. Or any of her other friends. Or other people in general unless they REALLY deserve it. And do NOT get between her and the future her children came back to visit from.
- Bi the Way: Was pretty much Ibis-sexual until Sakura relayed it to both her and Kojiro that for Ibis's mental health they were going to have to share her. At which point she adjusted to the situation fairly quickly, and has not regretted it at all.
- Determinator: She has threatened to go PUNCH OUT THE FUCKING UNIVERSE ITSELF for her friends sake. And given she's a Getter pilot... she could very well do so if it came down to it.
- Happily Adopted: Upon finding out she's adopted from Kaworu, she immediately tells him she doesn't give a damn.
- ... Except it turns out she has a brother and sister who are in trouble, and she just can't let that stand. Still considers Benkei to be her father, though.
- Heroic Willpower
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Kei, while in Lancer form, can potentially parry ANYTHING that can be considered an attack by using her shortsword (at the cost of a fate point). Word of God says this includes INSTRUMENTALITY.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Was unconscious for most of the Gaghiel fight due to her player having to miss most of the session.
- Technical Pacifist: As far as humans are concerned, at least. She's opposed to killing, for various reasons. That doesn't mean that she won't beat the crap out of you, if you deserve it. And she's got no problem with killing dinosaurs, Mimetic Beasts, Apostles, or in self defence. Enjoy being impaled and pinned to a surface, Saber Alter.
Kojiro TomoeCousin of perennial Getter Robo pilot Musashi Tomoe, Kojiro's not had an easy go of things. He survived Second Impact, but lost his family, his entire hometown, and his cousin (who croaked in Antartica). Seeking revenge on the men who made it happen, Kojiro now pilots the Neo Getter-3, biding his time for when he can finally act. The closest thing to an original character on the Evolution route.
- Ancestral Weapon: Kojiro possess the Tomoe Clan Blade as passed down by Musashi just before Second Impact. Doubles as a Memento Macguffin and Orphan's Plot Trinket.
- The Big Guy: A Solid Type 2, as is only right considering his somewhat Legacy Character Status to Musashi.
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: Famously Defeated Gaghiel with an overclocked bolt of mecha lightning and some extreme dice luck that ended up at 63 Critical Damage and one very dead Angel
- Deadpan Snarker: Occasionally Trades this off with other characters, but Kojiro usually has something to say for everything that goes on.
- Happily Adopted: Taken in by Sakura and Shirou after the Impact, he grew up to consider them his real parents.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He is quite a bit larger than either Kei or Ibis
- Never Live It Down: His Destruction of Several Hong Kong Landmarks in the rescue of Rei while Piloting Energer, Katina even gave him a BILL.
- He also owes Vincent a beer for managing to slice through a Mazinger's arm.
- Powered Armor: Owns a suit based on the Bemidoban from Super Robot Wars Alpha, complete with Epic Flail. He named it "Kei"
Asuka NagareSimilar in appearance and behavior to canon Asuka, this Asuka had the luck to be adopted by Ryoma Nagare. Considered a spoiled brat by most of her peers, Asuka seemed simultaneously more and less stable than her canon counterpart. And then she had a run-in with True Assassin. For all intents and purposes, the Asuka Nagara from before the attack no longer exists, and is now Nono.
NonoAfter waking up in Central Dogma blind, pregnant, and without any memories, this girl began to dream of 'Nonoriri' and desired to be more like her. Protected by Tager and Kokonoe, Nono began to live her life once more. Her previous life eventually catches up to her, and she's revealed to be Asuka Nagare, who went missing after a nearly fatal run-in with True Assassin.
KamuiFirst Prince of the Dinosaur Empire, Kamui never had the seething hatred for humanity that his father did. He voluntarily surrendered to Getter Base with his Empirex, and assisted them for a while before attempting to pull off a Heroic Sacrifice against a rebuiltLanster of the Wind and a Mass Produced Evangelion.
- Ascended Extra: Kamui was originally an NPC right until his attempted Heroic Sacrifice. Once he came back with the Gaiking, he was a player character.
- Big Damn Heroes: After long being thought dead by the playable characters (even if his being alive had been revealed in a Gaiden session), Kamui returned during the Dinosaur Empire's invasion of Tokyo-3... PILOTING THE GAIKING AND AS A PLAYER CHARACTER. This is also a...
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: See the above.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Kamui isn't 100% Saurian, but it's definitely the dominant part.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted. Kamui is thought dead by everyone.... but they Never Foundthe Body. He ended up captured by Hau Dragon, and was eventually let go.
- Hot-Blooded: While every player character has this to some degree, Kamui is hotblooded enough to surprise the Getter Team and adopt him as one of their own.
- Keep in mind this is the same Getter Team that routinely says 'Fuck dinosaurs'.
- Royal Blood: He's not called the First Prince of the Dinosaur Empire for nothing. And based on his claims, he's aiming to take the throne.
Ebullition P Cs
Needs a Better Description.
- put 'em here
- Berserk Button: On account of her Prime's dealings with such, she really, REALLY does not like when little girls get kidnapped. To the point where when an Angel-ized Silvia tries to abduct Rika, she nearly chokes her to death before learning most of the Aquarion cast was Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Canon Immigrant: Her port-over from KRV was in the works for a considerable amount of time, ever since a flurry of Rage Quits were threatened in the midst of a session that nearly resulted in another PC's death. (The official line is that the ensuing shitstorm there caused a Dirac detonation within the Void that copied Haruka's brain here.)
- Cloning Blues: Averted. In fact, learning that her original's still out there in the multiverse is a hell of a weight off her shoulders.
- Combat Pragmatist: By no means a clean fighter. Probably comes from her original being trained by a Wyll.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Cemented herself as a proper G character at the end of her prelude by coldcocking the G-Man after he tried to sucker her into his Game by showing her false memories of her homeworld.
- Flash Sideways: How certain - potentially quite painful - memories of her original's experiences were transferred to her. A case of Throw It In - Bang's player had accidentally thrown a G line in a KRV session, and Haruka reciprocated.
- Powered Armor: Has recently stumbled upon an IXA Belt. It turns her into an Ashsaber.
Part-Time P Cs
Masato Akitsu/ Masaki KiharaThe canonical main character of Hades Project Zeorymer, Misato has been an NPC on the Escalation route ever since Shinji and Rei's Prelude, where he took Zeorymer (and by extension both full-time player characters and Miku) to NERV. He is one of the player characters in the Gaiden session 'Fire and Ice', and was a participant in defending Tokyo-3 at the end of the second story arc. If only because Masaki wanted to be the one to blow up the city, not Getter Dragon or the Inspectors.
- Chewing the Scenery: Once Masaki finally got a chance to come out in Fire and Ice he turned his characteristic evil laughter and verbal abuse of Miku up to 11.
- Extreme Doormat: Masato actually gets something half-resembling a spine with Shinji and Rei's urging. But he was a complete doormat before.
- One-Scene Wonder: Masaki only appered twice since Kojiros Prelude, and then he barely had 10 lines, but the other players sure seem to remember him.
- Spanner in the Works: Forgetting that Zeorymer's brain uploading function may work similar to its canon counterparts, Masaki was outright blocked completely from taking over Masato by Rei's budding magical powers.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Masaki still inhabits Zeorymer, though he doesn't appear until 'Fire and Ice' thanks to Rei's interference.
Miku HimuroThe love interest from Hades Project Zeorymer, Miku's career in the JSSDF was unceremoniously cut short when Masato decided to go to NERV instead of flying back to the JSSDF following the fight with Lanster of the Wind. She is one of the player characters in the Gaiden session 'Fire and Ice'.
- Berserk Button: A Meta one from the IRC Channel: SHE IS NOT HATSUNE MIKU DAMMIT!
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: Decking the G-Man IN THE FACE as a bit of Karmic Revenge for her Sadistic Choice that was forced upon her by him in an Alternate Universe to Defeat Zeruel
- Memetic Mutation: All of the players claim that Shepard and Gordon Freeman were filming the event.
- Extreme Doormat: Miku also eventually gets a spine of her own. Though that may have more to do with the fact that the Miku that's actually in charge became aware of who she really was.
- Not As You Know Her: G!Miku was replaced by another universe's Miku (this one flesh and bone) once the Gaiden session 'Dreams of the Beast' was run.
- Sadistic Choice: Miku was piloting Zeorymer with a league of Super Robot Wars greats when they ended up fighting an upgraded Zeruel. With barely any mecha left before they would've had to call in Coop, the G-Man offered to remove Zeruel and return all who died back to life. She accepted...
- Dramatic Irony: Only to realize she made the wrong choice. She was informed by a third-party shortly after the deal was struck that Zeruel wasn't killed, and instead brought to another world. Millions would die thanks to her selfishness. So she struck another deal to try and mitigate the consequences.
- True Companions: Miku has grown very close to Katina.
Shi-Tau and Shi-AenThe twin sisters from Zeorymer, and two of the player characters in the Gaiden session 'Fire and Ice'. They were also the main characters of the Dinosaur Empire Attack session 'Malestrom', and helped defend Tokyo-3 during the end of the second story arc.
- Ascended Extra: The twins only appeared in a grand total of one episode of Zeorymer.
- Character Developement: Not that thats particularly hard, given how short Zeorymer was, but they've gotten quite a bit.
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: While managing to survive Zeorymer and the sabotage of their Hakkeshu is pretty awesome, that pales in comparison to the first time the Royal Hearbreaker was used, which *decapitated* the Getter Dragon. Didn't kill it, but pretty effing awesome.
- This doubles as a meta moment, since at least TWO consecutive Righteous Furies were invoked.
- Heel–Face Turn: Last seen with a bunch of GGG characters about to assault Machineland. Mind, Hau Dragon are/were probably the LEAST evil villain faction in this.
- Nightmare Fuel / Paranoia Fuel: Both of their Hakkeshu were infected by evil worms during 'Malestrom'. Keep in mind Zouken Matou is confirmed alive in this setting.
- This goes back even further to 'Fire and Ice'. The twins were forced to fight Zeorymer after someone placed a teleporter on their shuttle.
- Not as You Know Them: While the two are fairly close in personality to their canonical appearances, they have managed to work through a lot of their issues.
Shadow Dunaway and LunaThe two pilots of Genesister; both were player-characters in the Gaiden session 'Showdown at High Noon'
- Tropes go here
- Tropes go here.
Plot-Important NP Cs (Both Routes)
- Deathby Origin Story: Her brother Shinji is confirmed dead, and Ilya was never seen again following Fuyuki's destruction.
- Subverted when it's revealed late in the second arc that Ilya survived by crossing over into the Patchwork.
- I Want Grandkids: Sakura REALLY wants kids. Wordof God claims she took fertility drugs to ensure she got triplets.
- She also drugged Shinji and Satsuki to ensure they'd hook up. Guess how many kids they're gonna have?
- Sakura's also responsible for Kei and Kojiro's Tenchi Solution.
- Mentors: Both Sakura and Shirou serve as mentors for the Player Characters. Sakura even names Rei as her apprentice.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: You don't want to know what makes this man happy.
- Xanatos Gambit: In a clear reference to his role in Armageddon, Saotome secretly created three Evangelions, which would utilize Getter Rays- DRAGON, LIGER, and POSEIDON. He also created Vincent from Akebara and Emperor Gore's DNA to create a pilot for LIGER.
- Back Fromthe Dead: It's been confirmed that he was dead, and that the Fate/stay night cast had something to do with it. Given his current circumstance, making sure he stays dead will be... tricky.
- This really applies to anyone whose DNA the I-Jin has. This includes Yui Ikari (who's currently safe... somewhere), Nikola Tesla, and Hashshashin (who has become this world's True Assassin).
- You Cloned Hitler!: Why on God's green earth would you clone Zouken?!
Notable NP Cs (Both Routes)
- Distressed Damsel: While it's unclear the exact events she dreamed of, it's clear that world's Shinji was her Knightin Shining Armor. Those feelings carried over into the real world...
- One True Pairing: Satsuki has managed to get into a relationship with Shinji. Though the circumstances were definitely definitely questionable thanks to Sakura, the two definitely care for each other.
- OT 3: With Kojiro and Kei.