Characters / Nexus War
In Nexus War
, classes are arranged into tiers. Every type of character alignment- Angelic, Demonic or Unaligned- can choose between a 'combat' class and a 'magic' class early in the game, which defines which classes are available to them later on. Both games in the series use roughly the same set of character classes, although some have significant differences between adaptations.
Mortal (Tier 1)All characters begin as mortals.
Paladin (Tier 2 combat)A powerful soldier for the forces of good.
Shepherd (Tier 2 magic)A priest for the forces of good.
Divine Herald (Tier 3 combat)A swift hunter that roots out the forces of evil.
- Enemy-Detecting Radar: Can detect demons in their vicinity, even hidden or invisible.
- Flaming Sword: Their Crimson Gladius
- Glass Cannon: Harbinger of War and Harbinger of Conquest reduce the Herald's soak values and increase their damage the more they hit a target.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Also had the Enhanced Senses skill to find all hidden characters
Holy Champion (Tier 3 combat)A powerful guardian of the forces of light.
Seraph (Tier 3 combat)A divine angel with great and terrible power.
Lightspeaker (Tier 3 magic)A holy being with the power to command lesser creatures of the light.
Archon (Tier 3 magic)An Archon has only one purpose: Cleanse the Nexus of the unworthy.
Advocate (Tier 3 magic)A divine being with a magnificent grasp of holy magic.
- Combat Medic
- Status Buff: Can grant a blessing with a variety of effects to Good characters in the area. Is unique in their ability to apply the effect of potions and buffing spells to other characters instead of itself.
- Winged Humanoid
Redeeemed (Tier 3, must be entered from a demonic Tier 2 class)A demon who has turned away from their former path
- The Atoner: Repentance is their major theme
- Cast from Hit Points: Many of their skills cost hit points to use, to the point that one optional skill significantly increases maximum HP and lowers maximum MP. Other skills cost morality points to use, putting their redemption in jeopardy.
- Discard and Draw: Loses access to all of their former demonic powers when they become good.
- Stone Wall: Mask of the Penitent grants increased soak and immunity to some demonic status effects while greatly lowering accuracy and damage. Mask of the Martyr makes the Redeemed completely unable to attack but causes demons who attack them to rapidly shift towards good morality.
Pariah (Tier 2 combat)A half-demon, servitor warrior of darkness.
Defiler (Tier 2 magic)A dark sorcerer dedicated to evil.
Infernal Behemoth (Tier 3 combat)An extremely powerful demon lord.
Void Walker (Tier 3 combat)A demon lord with the ability to manipulate hellish magic.
Doom Howler (Tier 3 combat) (Nexus Clash only)A harbinger of destruction, the Doom Howler wreaks indiscriminate death and despair wherever he goes.
Dark Opressor (Tier 3 magic)A master of manipulating hellish magic.
Wyrm Master (Tier 3 magic)A demon sorcerer who has the ability to summon creatures from the void.
Corruptor (Tier 3 magic)A Corruptor always seems to have something nearby to draw power from, and no amount of preparation will do any good against the vile Hex they are known for.
Fallen (Tier 3, entered from angelic Tier 2)A heretic angel who has passed beyond all redemption
- Cast from Hit Points: Bond Of the Mechanical lets them reload their guns at the cost of one HP per shot.
- Combat Pragmatist: They have skills that can fool others into thinking they have good morality and are members of their faction, as well as an improved Back Stab skill.
- Cyborg: A Fallen has an angelic nature due to having become a Paladin or Shepard, but the curse of Namm on them after they fall means their bodies degrade and have to be replaced with hellish machinery.
- Discard and Draw: Fallen have to spend at least 100 CP on Tier 2 skills, which they then lose access to after Falling as angelic skills will not function when a character is outside the "Good" area of the Karma Meter.
- Fallen Angel
- Life Drain: The Sadistic Glee skill gives them minor health recovery for each hit they land.
Myrmidon (Tier 2 combat)A mortal with extraordinary combat prowess.
Sorcerer (Tier 2 magic)A mortal being who has mystical powers.
Eternal Soldier (Tier 3 combat)An immortal legionnaire of the Infinite Nexus.
Nexus Champion (Tier 3 combat)A powerful combatant who has learned to manipulate magic.
Revenant (Tier 3 Combat)An undead warrior who stalks the night
Wizard (Tier 3 Magic)A master of the forces of magic.
Elementalist (Tier 3 Magic) (Existed in the original Nexus War only)A master of the elemental forces.
Lich (Tier 3 Magic)A powerful master of wizardry who has escaped death by becoming undead.
Conduit (Tier 3 Magic)Through a greater understanding of the ebb and flow of Nexal energies, a Conduit is able to ride the flow, and direct those following in their wake.
Ahg-za-Haru, the Sociopath (Evil)
Alonai, the Caretaker (Good)
Baraas the Laughing (Good)
- Doing It for the Art: Believes that the satisfaction of a job one enjoys is just as valuable as the fruits of the labor.
- The Golden Rule: The Power of society and cooperation
- For Happiness: Baraas believes that the best possible society is one where everyone is doing what they enjoy and are good at.
Goros the Gatekeeper (Neutral)
- Boring but Practical: Created the physical laws of the universe and the properties of matter, which are some of the few constants between every Breath.
- Space Master: Created the concept of space and relation between objects, as well as portals.
- Straw Vulcan: Loves having elegant and symmetrical rules governing the universe, but doesn't understand that it can be hard for mortals to deal with.
Hashaa, the Undead (Neutral)
- Dark Is Not Evil: Death is neither good or evil, but simply one of the laws of the universe.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: While she is the Power of death, decay, and general entropy, she is not malicious.
- The Sacred Darkness:
Hashaa’s ultimate goal is to quiet the noisy, energetic universe and allow it – and herself – to rest in undisturbed peace and stillness. The quiet stillness and pleasant dark of night, while not directly under her portfolio, are in the mortal experience most like the conditions Hashaa would like to see.
- The Undead: Patroness of Liches and Revenants as well as the Sect of Maeval.
Marquai, the Tradesman (Neutral)
- Might Makes Right: Physical subjugation is just one more way of ordering the universe to your liking.
- Time Master: Creator of the concept of time
- Ultimate Blacksmith: The Power of applying order to the physical world to serve one's needs, and thus all tool-use and crafting.
Namm the Vigilant (Good)
- Black and White Insanity: Does not have much tolerance for nuance. One is either moral and following the law or not.
- The Evils of Free Will: Averted. If mortals have no choice but to obey the law then it is meaningless, so Namm is a champion of free will and choice.
- Good Is Not Nice: The primary purpose of his laws is to protect the weak from the depredations of the strong. However, he is not kind or gentle in his ways.
- Knight Templar: The Power of justice, law, and punishment.
- We Help the Helpless: The law exists to protect the weak.
Tholaghru the Gnasher (Evil)
- Body Horror: The Power of mutation and chaos, and patron of Doom Howlers and Wyrm Masters.
- Sense Freak: Constantly in pain and pleasure and every other kind of sensation. Encourages mortals to fall in order to gain new experiences from contact with them.
- The Social Darwinist: Encourages mutation and catastrophe to cull the weak and create new and interesting things.
Tlacolotl the Manipulator (Evil)