Characters: Dragon Quest II
Prince of Midenhall / Lorasia
Class: Hero (GBC), Descendant of Heroes (Mobile)
Princess of Moonbrooke
- Action Girl: Of the magically inclined variety.
- Badass Princess
- Baleful Polymorph: The Princess of Moonbrooke gets turned into a dog before you meet her, forcing you to find out how to break the curse before you can recruit her.
- Blow You Away
- Brown Eyes
- Canon Name: Pudding in the Japanese version, Princessa in the English versions (from her cameos in Itadaki Street and Dragon Quest IX).
- Combat Medic: She learns several healing spells and a few buffing spells.
- Cute Witch
- Depending on the Artist: Technically, Akira Toriyama does both of her designs, but several Fan Art depictions have her act in different manners and personalities, depending on whether she has purple or blonde hair.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: In most versions of the game, her name is determined by the hero's name, but she can be renamed. In the mobile ports, you have the option of naming both the Prince and Princess at the beginning of the game.
- Magic Staff: Her weapon of choice.
- Pink Girl
- Princesses Prefer Pink: She wears pink though it is a rather dark shade.
- The Red Mage
- Squishy Wizard
- The Smurfette Principle
- Took a Level in Badass
- White Magician Girl: Quite possibly the Ur Example. She definitely inspired a lot of copycats in Japan. Unlike most others, she can learn the most powerful offensive magic, as well.
Prince of Cannock / Samantoria
Class: Paladin (GBC), Armamentalist (Mobile)
- Anime Hair
- Canon Name: Cookie in the Japanese version, Princeton in the English versions (from his cameos in Itadaki Street and Dragon Quest IX).
- Combat Medic: He learns several healing spells.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Oddly enough, both Princes wear goggles as part of their headgear.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: In most versions of the game, his name is determined by the hero's name, but she can be renamed. In the mobile ports, you have the option of naming both the Prince and Princess at the beginning of the game.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He can wield several of them.
- Jack of All Stats
- Magic Knight: Stat-wise, he has more in common with the other heroes of Dragon Quest games.
- The Paladin: His class in the GBC version, though he has more in common with the heroes or ranger / armamentalist class from other games.
- Playing with Fire
- Redhead In Green
- Taking You with Me: He eventually learns the Sacrifice spell. As he's also the only member capable of reviving others with his magic in the original version, this is a last-ditch tactic. Unfortunately, certain Random Encounters can also cast this for a Total Party Kill...
- Took a Level in Badass: In the NES, his best gear was roughly The Prince of Midenhall's early to middle-game gear, and due to everyone only having TWO non-HP/MP stats, he could die A LOT if you weren't careful. He was upgraded notably in the I+II Remix.
Malroth / Sidoh