open/close all folders
The City of Gotham is a dark city with equally dark history. People can rise to the top or die in the streets here... It's also cursed, but everyone knew that.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Dear god, yes.
- Genius Loci: The Gotham Narrows- a particularly malevolent one.
- Indian Burial Ground: When the one Gotham's founding families, the Arkhams, bought the land that would become Arkham Manor (later Arkham Asylum) it wasn't a burial ground but the land was said to be cursed.
- No OSHA Compliance: The Gotham skyline while beautiful and distinct is very dangerous and confusing for the residents.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: There's a demon trapped under the city- and has been for as long as the place existed.
- Swamps Are Evil: The area where Arkham Asylum and the Narrows reside was originally a cursed swamp.
- Water Source Tampering: Along with the many other chemicals criminals used to poison the Gotham city water supply, it has also also poisoned by a leak in a Lazarus Pit. Edward Nigma's father attempted to fix the problem by making a water generator to dilute the poison.
BatclanOriginally consisting only of Batman and his butler, it grew with the adoption of Johnny Crane and Dick Grayson. It's continuing to grow as Bruce adopts several dangerously trained and competent children- more pop out of the woodwork every day.
- Badass Family
- Famous Ancestor: The Russian Waynes were a branch of royalty that immigrated to the region that is now Gotham.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Bruce and Selina only met once when they were nineteen and Selina got pregnant afterward.
- Not a Morning Person: Half the Bat Clan
- Super Family Team
- Undercover as Lovers: A pre-Batman Bruce and a rookie Selina grabbed each other to disguise themselves as a couple to escape their handlers/pursers. Few hours later, Damian Marcus Kyle Wayne was concieved.
Alfred Thaddeus Crane PennyworthButler and guardian of Bruce Wayne, (former) secret agent and loving father, uncle and grandfather.
- Badass Normal
- Cool Old Guy
- Good Father: to Bruce, Dick and Johnny
- Alfred, You Are My Uncle: Found out he had a nephew when the London police called him to pick him up.
- Retired Badass: Retired from the Royal Air Forces, yes, from badassery, no.
- Servile Snarker: Taught Dick everything about snarking.
Jonathan Nathaniel Pennyworth Crane (Somewhere around 17 - 20 years old)/ScarecrowWas given a second chance after a cosmic filing accident which was much more meta than it would first appear- he died before his time and was reincarnated. He is called Johnny Crane and is the shy first son of the Bat Clan and associate (not sidekick, ever) of Batman. Has three actually four, personalities named Johnny, Doc and Scarecrow and Scarebeast
- Abusive Parents: His grandmother died of sheer meaness
- A Minor Kidroduction: The new Johnny Crane was introduced as a child breaking out of an orphanage.
- Badass Baritone: He's six foot ten, and scares the pants off of everyone.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: In the opener, he tells Aqualad and Speedy that he hates vigilante groups...like the KKK, NRA, the Black Panthers and the IRS.
- Bargain with Heaven: It got him reincarnated as himself but later in the timeline
- Big Brother Instinct
- Big Brother Mentor
- Cannot Talk to Permafrost: Johnny all the way.
- Cool Bike: The Ghoul-Ride.
- Creepy Good: Everyone, hero or villain, is creeped out by him.
- The Dreaded: Everyone's afraid of Scarecrow. Everyone.
- Genius Bruiser
- Good Is Not Soft: While he is a good guy, he can go to certain...extremes
- Happily Adopted: Is a happy member of the Bat Clan
- In Touch With His Feminine Side: Scarebeast embodies his feminine side
- Insanity Immunity: Probably why he's immune to Queen Bee.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Broke Riddler's legs for kidnapping Robin
- Liver in the Mail : Mailed Queen Bee's liver back to her by square inch
- Mad Scientist: Experiments with his fear toxins.
- Master of Illusion: of "Fear", actually.
- Minored In Ass Kicking
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Subverted- he does have muscles, they are just very lean.
- No-Sell: Queen Bee's pheromone power didn't work on him. At all.
- One-Winged Angel: Scarebeast
- Orphanage of Fear: Broke out of one when he was ten.
- Samus Is a Girl: Scarebeast is Scarecrow's female personality
- Single-Target Sexuality: Is Permafrost-sexual so far.
- Softspoken Sadist
- Speech Impediment: Johnny has a terrible stutter that gets worse when he's calm. When he gets scared or angry he speaks very articulately.
- Split Personality: Johnny has three with Johnny, The Doc, and Scarecrow four with Scarebeast.
- Stuttering Into Eloquence: The Boys. So very much.
- Talking to Themself: The author refers to him as The Boys, and portrays them as a split-personality.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Scarecrow cannot kill in cold blood as it is part of his deal to remain alive. He makes it so that people wish he would.
Richard John Grayson (13 years old)/RobinAfter his parents were killed by Anthony Zucco, he became the second son of the Wayne family. When he found out Batman's secret identity he became Batman's sidekick, Robin.
- Bi the Way: had crushes on Barbara Gordon and Wally West
- Heroes Want Redheads: Robin has a type, okay?
- The Tease: Constantly flirted and strung along girls. Resulted in his crush not wanting to deal with him.
- Playful Hacker
Bruce Wayne (29 years old)/BatmanThe patriarch of the Batclan, and... a bit oblivious to certain consequences of his actions.
- Billionaire Playboy
- Fantastic Racism: Batman hates metahumans and makes this fact very clear, so much so that it's one of the things that is generally known by the public about Batman. Batman's racism is so intense, and so notorious, that Gotham City is considered one of the worst cities in America in which to be a meta-human. The local nickname for a powered individual is "Deader-Than" — that should spell out just how bad it is.
- Good Parent: He has his quirks and his flaws, but he genuinely is a good and loving paternal figure.
- Parents as People: While Bruce can be very awkward around his kids, it doesn't stop him from being a loving father.
- Hidden Depths: In-Universe with his Brucie persona: he is a shallow playboy, but adopted many children and is a loving father.
Maureen Conners (16 years old)/PermafrostWas once part of Haley's Circus, Maureen ran away from Social Services after her father lost custody of her. She decided to look out for the Gotham Narrows herself- and gets the occasional backup from Scarecrow, Batman, and Robin. She is the shy first daughter of the Batclan.
- An Ice Person
- Berserk Button: Don't take her picture of her mother
- Cannot Talk to Scarecrow: It's a mutual thing.
- Clothing Damage: When Scarecrow got her out of ice, her clothing did not make it.
- Cool Big Sis
- Death by Origin Story: Maureen's mother died in the Bang Baby Gas Incident in Dakota city
- Destructive Savior: Her ice powers cause a lot of property damage.
- Friend to All Children: The protector of the children of the Narrows.
- Harmless Freezing: Subverted Twice, she killed her father with her powers while under mind control and had to immediately be chipped out when she was frozen.
- Homeless Hero
- Mundane Utility: Uses her ice to make herself a bedroom.
- Required Secondary Powers: Played With, can withstand temperatures below freezing, cannot withstand being frozen.
- Self-Made Orphan: Accidently killed her father.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Twice Shy
Jason Todd Wayne (3 years old)/Red HoodIntended to be CADMUS's replacement for Batman, he was rescued along with Wonder Girl Red and Superboy. Distinct from the others for still being a toddler while the other clones were artificially aged to teenagers. That's because he's not a clone. Adopted as the third son of the Bat Clan.
- Badass Adorable
- Cute Mute: Was initially this.
- Dye or Die: So the assassins would spare his life.
- Fearless Toddler: Jason remains asleep throughout the CADMUS breakout.
- Half-Identical Twins: He is the twin brother of Lian Harper
- Killer Rabbit: Think about who he is.
- Loophole Abuse: Most of the assassins didn't want to kill him, so when Scarecrow's antidote turned him into a black-haired golden skinned child, they bailed because their hit was on a red-headed freckled child.
- Precision F-Strike: Jason's first words.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born
- Youthful Freckles: Used to be ginger.
Damian Alexander al Ghul (10 years old)/Kid ShivaFormerly one of best trained assassins in the League of Shadows, he defected to the Stray Cats and ended up joining the Bat Clan.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: Sought Cassandra Cain's help in defusing himself.
- Anti-Heroic Bastard
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Abandoned his life as an assassin when he realized his mother saw him as disposable.
- Tykebomb: Was an assassin for the League of Shadows.
Stray CatsA gang of child thieves that came together to survive and make a home in the streets of Gotham; notable for the fact that only one of them is over the age of twelve.
- Classy Catburglar: All of them. All of them.
- Honor Among Thieves: They are close and loyal friends.
- Little Miss Badass: All of them, with props going to Cassandra evading assassins for years.
- Promotion to Parent: Carrie, Stephanie and Cassandra raised a baby Tim after finding him on the streets.
- True Companions
- The Runaway: Most of the Abused variant.
- Run Away Hide Away: The Stray Cats made an abandoned ice cream factory their home until it exploded.
Damian Marcus Kyle (10 years old)/CatboySon of Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne- he's actually a caring little dude.
- Anti-Heroic Bastard: Illegitimate son of Bruce and Selina.
- Lineage Comes from the Father: Inverted, he gets it from his mom.
- It Runs in the Family: He's a cat burglar like his mom.
Barbara Gordon (13 years old)/Oracle
Stephanie Brown (10 years old)/Spoiler
Carrie Fischer Kelly (10 years old)/Kitten
Cassandra Cain (6 years old)/Black CatA cute young girl with a powerful technical mind and a love of engineering- in all it's forms.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: She defused herself after her first and only assassination.
- Resignations Not Accepted: The League of Shadows continue to try to capture or kill her. She's evaded them for years.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Trained since birth for assassination at the cost of basic social skills; she's managed to pick up those skills anyway after running away.
- Tykebomb: She was an ex-assassin.
- Wrench Wench
Timothy Drake (somewhere between 2 and 5 years old)/Red RobinA little boy of undetermined age- who was kidnapped, found, and taken in by a gang of thieves.
- Dark and Troubled Parents: In one of the most horrifying ways possible.
- Playful Hacker
- Moses in the Bulrushes: the Stray Cats found him as a toddler next to the dead bodies of his kidnappers. His father had him kidnapped for safety reasons.
IndependentsNot everyone is so clearly bad or good, y'know.
Selina Kyle (29)/CatwomanClever researcher, fine burglar and loving mother.
A city half-stuck in a perpetual timewarp/fairytale, Fawcett is a beautiful place to visit- and a bizarre place to live.
Durante “Dudley” ZataraA sorcerer with a checkered past. Uncle to Zatana and foster father to Billy
- Don't Call Me "Sir"':Billy Batson: “…No problem, Mr. Zatara.”Durante "Dudley" Zatara:“Call me Dudley, kid; Mr. Zatara is my father. And my brother, come to think of it…”
John Zatara/ Doctor FateA well meaning loving, but misguided father.
- Overprotective Dad: Not that he doesn't have good reason to.
Zatanna Zatara / ZatannaA young girl under a nasty spell. A sorceress and devoted daughter
William "Billy" Batson (10 years old)/Captain MarvelA ten year old boy with a good soul and phenomenal power.
- The Cape
- Do Well, but Not Perfect: He does good in school to pass, but doesn't do 'too' well so as not to attract attention from teachers.
- Free-Range Children: Justified as he lives alone.
- Flying Brick
- Homeless Hero: Billy squats in an abandoned building and eats bad food thrown away by grocery stores. Deconstructed in that Billy suffers a number of health problems due to his poor shelter and diet. He gets better.
- Ill Boy: Due to malnutrition and poor shelter.
- The Pollyanna: Remains optimistic and tries to make the best of his bad situation.
William Hayes (Formerly 16 years old)/ SecretAn older brother is still and older brother- even if he's dead.
- Big Brother Instinct: Vowed to protect and help his sister, even from herself.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel
- Heroic Sacrifice: What caused him to become Secret in the first place, to stop his sister
- I Have No Sister: Declares Greta to be dead after ridding the influence of the Sword of Beowolf
- Jacob Marley Apparel: Died in a tracksuit
- Morality Chain: Was one to Greta
- Pokémon Speak: Can only say "Secret" to non-magical people, magical people can understand just fine
- Promoted To Parent: Raised Greta after their mother died
- Our Ghosts Are Different
Greta Hayes (14 years old)/ HarmA little sister with some serious issues.
- Adaptational Villainy
- Cain and Abel: The Cain
- Dark Action Girl
- Empty Shell: Her fate after removing the power of The Sword of Beowolf
- Gollum Made Me Do It: Harm is an evil personality of Greta's.
- "It" Is Dehumanizing
- Pure Is Not Good
- Self-Made Orphan: Implied to have murdered her brother.
- Superpower Meltdown: She lost the powers of the Sword of Beowolf when Secret made her feel guilt.
- What Is This Feeling?: Harm is made of anger, greed, and pure evil, feeling anything besides them causes her to lose her power over Greta.
Conner Kent/Kon-El/Superboy IIA walking weirdness magnet- he has a strange effect on animals.
- Clones Are People, Too: Has less angst than canon due to Superman accepting him
- Pet the Dog: Goes on a date with Hartley after Hartley's boyfriend dumps him on the day of Summer Prom.
- Relatively Flimsy Excuse: Poses as Clark's younger brother
- Ship Tease: With Hartley
Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superboy I/Superman
- Clones Are People, Too: While he doesn't see Superboy as his son, he does him as family.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Compared to canon.
Lois LaneThe craziest reporter in the world; is Jimmy Olsen's personal hero.
Milo James "Jimmy" OlsenThe craziest, and possibly the best, photographer in the world; is stunningly knowledgeable about the strangest subjects.
Cat GrantA delightful homemaker... on paper. A grungy Gonk in real life.
- Oblivious to Love: Unaware of Jimmy's affection, he took her out on dates and she wasn't aware they were dates.
- She Is All Grown Up: She is due for one.
Alexander "Sandy" LuthorA young man desperate to get out of his father's shadow.
- Fake Band: Subverted- he's really in an actual music playing band with his friends.
A trio of cities that are... rather weird, if you've never been there before. Very fast paced places.
Flash FamilyA large related group of speedsters who love to help out.
Lia Hélène West-Allen (8 years old 13 after the time warp)/TangentFirst daughter of Barry Allen and Iris West, cousin of Wally West, and annoying as hell. Got thrown back in time for five years, and is now a teenager.
- Annoying Older Sister/Cousin
- Badly Battered Babysitter: Had to babysit Jason, Lian, and Tim. At the same time.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: No one likes her because she's annoying and she knows it.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Wants to seen as special, but doesn't appear to be.
- Motor Mouth
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Not as smart as her cousin and not as impressive as her father.
Doan West-Allen (6 years old)/Tornado Twinthe Younger Brother
Dawn West-Allen (6 years old)/Tornado Twinthe Older Sister
Mary WestThe mother of Wally, Bart, Isadora and Isabella West, older sister of Iris West and a loving aunt
Wallace Matthias West (15 years old)/Kid FlashThe oldest young speedster of the Flash Family, and the fastest boy alive.
- Friends with Benefits: With Artemis
- Incompatible Orientation: Is straight, but the bisexual Dick Grayson has a crush on him.
- The Smart Guy: The scientist of his team, met Robin in Mathletes competition
Bartholomew Carlos West-Apressar (8 years old)/Impulse
Isadora Apressar (6 years old)/MasThe elder twin sister
Isabella Apressar (6 years old)/MenosThe younger twin sister
Rudolph West-ApressarHusband of Mary West and Stepfather of Wally.
- Good Father
- Wicked Stepfather: Inverted, Wallace Mathias West had an abusive deadbeat biological father, his stepfather Rudolph West-Apressar is a loving father, uncle, and husband.
DervishersDervish is a city that exists both in a vast hidden valley, and in an area three square blocks around, located geographically between Central and Keystone. Notable for having it's own ruling houses, a complex political structure, being home to a gigantic menagerie of mythical creatures, a tourist spot for Anthropomorphic Personifications, and for having a giant sentient cheese as a Judge. It is a tornado twenty-thousand feet high and five miles wide.
Klarion le Garçon Aux Sorcières (16 to 20 years old- technically.)A Lord of Chaos and Sorcerer. Less amoral than his canon self. Becames King of Dervish after Nabu killed his parents, the previous monarchs. Is mostly immortal.
- The Empath
- I Ate WHAT?!: Found the girl he was looking for... in his breakfast.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is nicer compared to canon.
- Klingon Promotion: While he didn't kill the monarchs, he did become king this way.
- Loophole Abuse: Needed a queen to crown him to become king, so he asks Perdita to crown him. She does on the condition he heals her heart condition.
- Royally Screwed Up: His family. So hard.
- White Sheep: He is one compared to his family.
Teekl le Chat (4 years old- sort of.)A sweet, catty young woman. Is much older than Klarion, even though they are relativly the same ages.
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted, like Klarion, she is also much nicer
- Feline Female
- Cat Girl
- Humanity Ensues: She is a cat in the material world, and a humanoid in the real world.
- Parental Substitute: To Klarion
- Pet the Dog: Calms down a distaught Mark Mardon
- Royal Mess: Is a Marquis, and not Marchioness, lampshaded
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Turns herself into a cat.
Mark Mardon/Weather WizardA young Knight of Dervish, he is struggling to learn to control his new powers under the tutelage of his Aunt Kismet.
- Spare to the Throne
- Unexpected Successor: He became the new liaison to Dervish when his brother Clyde committed suicide... Or Did He?
- The Unfavorite: Oh yes.
Kismet/The Universe (No, really.)The original GeniusLoci, Kismet isn't allowed to interfere with much... other than her family.
Mordru le InfameThe former King of Dervish, and a nasty piece of work.
- Child Eater: Shown to kidnap and eat children.
- I'm a Humanitarian: He also cooks it for his family, much to Klarion's dismay
Morgan le FeyThe former Queen of Dervish, and an even nastier piece of work.
RoguesA group of grey-hats that are based in Keystone.
Len Snart/Captain Cold
- Parental Substitute: He's one for James.
Hartley Rathaway Lane/Pied Piper
- Friendly Enemy
- Freak Out!: After getting dumped on the night of Summer Prom.
- The Power of Rock
- Offscreen Breakup: Faced the brunt of one the day before Prom, he appropriately freaked out.
- Ship Tease: With Superboy, of all people.
- You Never Did That for Me: Notices Conner is different from his ex, Hunter, in that Conner is willing to show affection.
James Jesse/TricksterA young man who doesn't know who he is, but at the same time, does.
- Composite Character: His real name is Giovanni Zatara.
- Circus Brat
- Friendly Enemy
- Gadgeteer Genius: Turned a ballroom of the Vlatvia Royal Palace into an anti-gravity chamber to entertain the kids.
- Not Quite Flight
- Ship Tease: With Perdita
- Trickster Archetype
Peek-a-booA person who is as-of-yet unknown. Not if you know your Flash villians.
Star City/Platinum Flatts
Star City is just like Gotham- only backwards. If that makes any sense. (It doesn't.) Platinum Flatts is like Austin, TX- it's primarily a college town with a lively city aspect.
- Big City Rivalry: The people of Gotham and Star City for many reasons: the historical rivalry between the original architects of both cities, streets being made the opposite direction of each other which confuses visiting Gothamites or visiting Starries, the general loathing the cities themselves have for each other... the list is endless.
- Departmentof Redundancy Department: Almost all the buildings and landmarks in Star City have the word "Star" in front of it to inform people that they are in Star City.
- Red Light District: There's a rather famous one under Star Bridge aka The Milky Way Bridge.
Roy Harper II/Red ArrowA heroic archer in a loving, stable relationship with Kaldur. He is also a clone created by CADMUS.
- Bi the Way
- Hot-Blooded: is more excitable in this incarnation
- Inconvenient Summons: Send to the world of adults while intimate with Kaldur. Kaldur was pissed
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be an ass, but truly cares about his friends
- No Respect Guy: He wants to be respected as a hero rather than join the Young Justice.
Oliver Queen/Green ArrowA lovable doofus, with communication issues.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Mayor of Star City
- I Want Grandkids
- Parents as People: Didn't understand why Roy was so angry and failed to communicate with him.
Birds of PreyAn internationally renowned team of Cheerleaders/Rollerderbists. They are also a (technically) all female super-group.
Helena Bertinelli/The Huntress
- Bruised Herself In Rollerderby: The Boys didn't believe her.
- Cool Big Sis
- The Ditz: The Boys' initial impression of her.
- Parental Substitute: Serves as a mother figure to Artemis.
- The Mentor
- Thou Shall Not Kill: Subverted, one of the few heroes to use lethal force when necessary
Artemis Crock/Artemis/ Dana Tan/ AliceA beautiful young woman who is running from her past.
- Composite Character: Is canon Artemis but is also Dana Tan
- Dating Catwoman: Has this with Cameron Mahkent, AKA Icicle Junior.
- The Dog Bites Back: Accidentally killed her father by melting his brain with one of her acid arrows.
- Dye Hard: Artemis changes her hair various colors every two weeks or so.
- Dye or Die: She dyes her hair to not match her description.
- Guile Heroine: Artemis, who at the age of ten made and followed a two-year plan to escape her father's clutches.
- Promoted To Parent
- Real Name as an Alias: Justified Artemis uses the alias, Dana Tan, for her civilian identity while Artemis is her superhero name and seems to be a themed-name with her mentor, the Huntress.
- Retail Therapy: Artemis made thrifting part of her escape plan, and enjoyed herself while doing it.
- The Runaway: Run away from her father after reading a pamphlet on the criteria on an abusive relationship. Her father completely matched the description
- Thou Shall Not Kill: Implied to subvert this when dealing with the League of Shadows operatives looking for her
- Totally 18
Lian Harper Tan/Speedy III/ Alice II
Atlantis is an empire with many city-states- there are seven large, influential ones, and multiple smaller ones scattered the world over.
- Atlantis Is Boring: Averted, Atlantis is a massive empire with varying cultures, ethnic groups and city-states.
- Down on the Farm: The region of Shayeris is mostly farmland.
- Fantastic Racism: Blonde hair is the mark of Kordax, which signifies the ability to telepathically control animal/and or plants, which is a major taboo. The racism varies from region to region.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Can vary from looking superficially human to having a fish tail, or like creatures from the Black Lagoon- it varies from place to place.
AquamanThe king of Atlantis- and an easily underestimated force for good.
Sha’lainaKaldur's Mother is a lovely woman- er, mermaid.
- Parents Know Their Children: Realized her son was gay before he did.
Kaldur'ahm/AqualadApprenticed to Aquaman, Kaldur moved to the surface world for his year's furlough- where he found love in a surface-dweller, Roy. He's now pregnant and engaged to wed.
- Call to Agriculture: While he enjoys being Aqualad, he plans to someday go back and run his ancestral farmland with Roy.
- Farm Boy: Raised on a farm until he was drafted into the Altanian Armed Forces.
- Humble Goal: He wants a husband, a family, and his farm to be prosperous.
- Gender Bender: His body has become female to get pregnant- but Kaldur himself is still very much a boy.
- Make-Out Kids: Roy and Kaldur were this after they got to know each other
- Momma's Boy: Has a close and loving relationship with his mother, and investigated an art smuggling case because the smuggler's route was over his mother's backyard.
- Pregnant Badass
- Mr Seahorse: Subverted- his biology turned him into a woman to get pregnant.
A mountainous, ornery kingdom, filled with rivers, clouds, and rainbows.
- Persona Non Grata: Due their history with the Russian Waynes, all Waynes are banned from ever setting foot on Vlatvia
Queen Bernice Camilla Edwardine Georgette Maria Danielle Perdita Vertigo/Logistica
- A Child Shall Lead Them
- Badass Bookworm: She had a lot of time where she couldn't do anything, so she read a lot of books.
- Ill Girl: Due to an inborn heart condition. She gets better when Klarion heals her.
- Mundane Utility: Besides crimefighting she uses her duplication to rule her country.
- Princesses Rule: Subverted, she's the queen.
- Overly Long Name
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Self-Duplication: Has the power of duplication.
Count Warner David Edward Mark Keenes Vertigo/Count VertigoPerdita's uncle and Count of Vlatvia, formerly part of the Light.
- Wanting Is Better Than Having: As he found out the hard way when he had to rule in Perdita's place when all the children were gone.
- Driven to Suicide: How the Trickster found out the adults were back? He found the body.
- Never Suicide: Turns out to have been killed by the Light for his incompetence.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness
A lovely island that is run under a Feudal system of laws, Themyscira is full of wild animals and demons that will hunt you down to tear your throat out, dangerous terrain, and mystical convergences. Wonderful, isn't it?
Diana/ Wonder WomanFirst Princess of Themyscira.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after an American WWII pilot named Diana Trevor, who crashlanded onto Thymescra and later died to save them.
Danae "Donna"/Wonder Girl BlueSecond Princess of Thymescira.
- Age Is Relative: Actually two years younger than Wonder Woman, but is still a teenager.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Jealous of Cass's wonder of Paradise Island and outsiderhood.
- The Heavy
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her name is actually Danae, but a two-year old Wonder Woman couldn't pronounce it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue
- Small Island Boredom: Really wants to be off of Paradise Island.
Cassandra "Cass"/Wonder Girl RedThe Third Princess of Themyscira, and Wonder Woman's clone... or so it is assumed.
- Clones Are People, Too: Is being raised and trained on Paradise Island.
- The Heavy
- Mama Bear: To Jason
- Mundane Luxury: Played with; while Themyscera is not usual, it is mundane to Donna and luxurious to Cassie.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Used them to sway the G-nomes to release Jason from CADMUS.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red.
- Younger Than They Look: Is five months old.
Belle Reeve (Not Reve, Reeve. They actually mean the same thing.)
A ridiculosly high-security prison located in some of the most hellish swampland in the world.
- Swamps Are Evil: Dear god, yes.
Cameron Mahkent/Icicle Jr.A man with a five year plan, daddy issues, and a boatload of misinformation.
- Battle Couple: With Artemis
- Sex Equals Marriage: Believed he had to marry Artemis in order to have sex with her, Artemis tells him that's not the case.
- Unable to Support a Wife: Artemis says she will give him the time of day once he gets out of prison, has his own home and a steady income.
- Lineage Comes from the Father
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: It's why he fights Ravager depowered and injured.
Thomas Tferore/Tommy TerrorA likeable enough guy... so far.
- Back-Alley Doctor: It's implied that he performed an appendectomy on Cameron.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is not happy that Cameron tore the stitches in his gut.
Tuppence Tferore/Tuppence Terror
Joar Mahkent/Icicle Sr.
Others- they aren't exactly affiliated with anyone, but...
M'gann/Miss MartianA young martian woman with many issues, and incredible self-control.
- Break the Cutie: The Green-White Martian War
- Child Soldier: Was a child spy- still considers herself one.
- Sole Survivor: Was the last White Martian left on Mars, when the rest were taken to the Void Zone.
- Stepford Smiler: Oh yes.
Blue Beetle/Jamie ReyesHe's a kind young man with two little siblings that occasionally try to kill him. What can you do?
Green Lantern/Kai-RoA young boy with issues.
Green Lantern/Millagro ReyesA young girl who's really good at what she does.
Ace/ Alice Roquette
- Blessed with Suck: Her powers are too much for her mind and body to handle; she had to be put into a medical coma so that she could recover.
League of Shadows
A sneaky, shady group of assassins dedicated to getting paid.
- Would Hurt a Child: Will put a hit on a child.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Most of the better assassins would rather not kill small children.
Jade Nguygen/CheshireMother of two, world class assassin, poisoner, swordswoman, older sister, and a Taoist.
- Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: had to leave behind her children, Lian and Jason in hope of them giving them a better life
- Teen Pregnancy: Had one in the past , with Roy Harper I
Lawerence Crock/Sportsmaster/ Deathstroke
- Abusive Father
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He was killed by his daughter who was triggered when she heard him.
ShivKai-Ro's father,An all around bastard, with frightening tendencies towards... bad things.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Seems to be this for all the ex-Shadows.
- This is so very justified.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He does indeed.
- Big Brother Mentor
- Delivery Guy: Was Jade's midwife
- Missing Mom: and she'll stay missing
- No Infantile Amnesia: Subverted, he's been with the League so long, he barely remembers his mother
- Promoted To Parent: After his mother disappeared
Matt McGinnis / Triple X
Roy Harper I/SpeedyThe original Speedy, father of Lian Harper and Jason Todd, believed to be dead.
- Disappeared Dad: To Lian and Jason
- Martial Pacifist: doesn't believe in violence and planned to leave the League
- Super Breeding Program: A product of one
Talia al GhulA woman who doesn't understand that "No" means "No".
Ah, CADMUS. If the name doesn't give the purpose of this laboratory away, nothing will. Except for, you know, the multitude of vicious monsters running around the 52 lower levels...
Serling Roquette/Puss in Boots
A group of unknown people with a distinctly nefarious purpose.
- Would Hurt a Child: Killed the original Guardian and the Newsboy League for knowing too much.
Mary McGinnis /Dubbilex
JokerThe Clown Prince of Crime.
Ra's al Ghul
Dakota is a city with a large population of Meta's, Gangs, and corporations.
Richard HawkinsA man with a checkered past- he used to be the African hero Anansi the Spider.
Virgil HawkinsThe son of Richard Hawkins, and a Freshman in highschool.
Sharon HawkinsThe daughter of Richard Hawkins, and a Junior in college.
Lashawn Marie Hawkins-BaezThe niece of Richard Hawkins, and an Eighth-grader. She's visiting her family in Dakota, but she lives in Central.
Inara QuenThe daughter of the Mayor of Dakota, Inara... has some rather spectacular issues.
- Rape as Drama: There's a reason Shiv is feared.
Allison "Allie" LangfordA nice young woman who is technically a Girl of Themyscira.
These are characters without which the entire story would not exist.