Film / Still Crazy
was a 1998 British comedy film written by Ian La Frenais
and Dick Clement
about a fictional seventies rock band 'Strange Fruit' and their attempt to reform for an anniversary gig at the festival that marked the ignominious end of their run the first time around. Featuringly a suprisingly starry cast of British actors (albeit slightly before many of them hit the international big-time) including Bill Nighy
, Timothy Spall
, Jimmy Nail
, Stephen Rea
and Billy Connolly
it has a strong fan following making it a classic Cult Film
Still Crazy features examples of the following tropes:
- Bash Brothers: Les and Ray. By the end of the movie, they seemingly bury the hatchet.
- Love Triangle: Tony has a thing for Karen, but she's still in love with Brian. (It's implied this is why her marriage failed.)
- Stalker with a Crush: The woman chasing Beano for most of the film.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- Luke calls out the press for their relentless hounding of the Fruits after Brian returns.
- Les, after Ray rants about how Les worshipped Keith and the only way he could ever compete was to be dead too, Les responds, "It'd be a start."