open/close all folders
Geum Jan Di
The Main Character of the Drama (originally Tsukushi Makino). Comes from a Poor Family but gains a Scholarship to attend Shinhwa High.
- Portrayed by: Ku Hye Sun.Voiced by: Leyla Rangel (Latin American Spanish dub)
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Even though she falls in love with Ji Hoo at first, she eventually falls in love with Jun Pyo.
- All of the Other Reindeer: At Shinhwa. Up to the eleven.
- Break the Cutie: Basically the whole series.
- Childhood Friends: She and Ga Eul have been friends since kindergarten.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Doesn't what to be treated as if she needs help.
- Inter-Class Romance: With Ji Hoo, the grandson of the former president, and Jun Pyo, the heir of Shinhwa.
- New Transfer Student
- Ordinary High-School Student: The most ordinary student in Shinhwa.
- Perpetual Poverty
- Second Love: She's Ji Hoo's second love, after Seo-hyun.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Scholarship Student: The reason she studies at Shinhwa is because she was given special privileges to enroll after saving a student from jumping off the school roof.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Ga Eul's girly girl.
- Will Not Be A Victim: In regards to the F4's bullying.
- Your Cheating Heart: She cheats on Jun Pyo with Ji Hoo. They all eventually make up.
Gu Jun Pyo
Originally named Domyouji Tsukasa, he is the heir to the Shinhwa Corporation and the leader of the F4. He bullies Jan Di after her friend spills some ice cream on his shoe. He eventually falls in love with her.
- Portrayed by: Lee Min Ho.Voiced by: Gabriel Cobayassi (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Adorkable: He may be an asshole at times, but he is really childish.
- Amnesiac Lover: In the later episodes, he experiences amnesia due to an accident and forgets all about Jan Di. He gets better, though.
- Anger Born of Worry: His preferred method of showing concern to Jan Di.
- Arranged Marriage: With Jae Kyung. She eventually calls it off after finding out that Jun Pyo is serious about Jan Di.
- Bastard Boyfriend: He starts all of Jan Di's misfortunes, then decides he likes her. He is also a control freak around her as well.
- Berserk Button: Jun Pyo is not pleased when Jan Di is threatened, even though he is the reason why people bully her in the first place.
- Big Little Brother: He is taller than Jun Hee.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Consistently wears black in the same vein that Ji Hoo consistently wears white, to indicate that he's morally the most unpure of the F4 due to being the leader.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even though he's the one that ordered the bullying, Jun Pyo is actually pretty pissed when he finds out that some students went so far as to almost rape Jan Di.
- In-Series Nickname: Jae Kyung calls him "Jun" sometimes.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: It is mentioned that he cried when Jun Hee got married.
- Not a Morning Person:
- In one episode, Yi Jeong and Woo Bin visit Jun Pyo to take him out and hang out. He refuses to get up until the boys mentioned about Jan Di's date.
- During his stay in Macau, the hotel's manager woke him up with a trumpet. Jun Pyo gets up due to getting annoyed.
- Hair-Trigger Temper / Hot-Blooded: The F4 member who is always the first to get angry.
- Inter-Class Romance: With Jan Di, the daughter of a dry cleaning business, while he's the heir to Shinhwa.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Parental Abandonment: His sister was the one who raised him.
Yoon Ji Hoo
The nicest member of the F4, based on Hanazawa Rui. He is the grandson of Korea's former president.
- Portrayed by: Kim Hyun Joong.Voiced by: Carlo Vázquez (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Bad Dreams: When thinking about driving a car.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He is called the fourth-dimensional member of F4. It is stated in an early episode that he has mild autism which stemmed from his parents' deaths.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Consistently wears white in the same vein that Jun Pyo consistently wears black, to indicate that he's morally the purest of the F4.
- First Love: He is both Jan Di's and Seo Hyun's first love. His first love was Seo Hyun.
- Inter-Class Romance: With Jan Di, the daughter of a dry cleaning business, while he's the grandson of the former president.
- Nice Guy: The nicest one of the F4, who doesn't participate in the bullying and even helps Jan Di.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: However, he does take Jan Di away from Jun Pyo. But it's also revealed that some of the things he did that time was due to Jan Di and Jun Pyo not being honest with each other.
- Put on a Bus: He follows Seo Hyun to Paris. He does come back after realizing he has feelings for Jan Di.
- Prince Charming
- Romantic Runner-Up: To Jan Di.
So Yi Jeong
The cold-hearted Casanova, originally Soujiro Nishikado. He is the son of a family into traditional pottery, and he owns the largest museum in Korea. He is also one of the most famous potters.
- Portrayed by: Kim Bum.Voiced by: Carlos Díaz (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Abusive Parents: Dad is unrepentant Womanizer and mother is suicidal... not a lot of fun.
- Beta Couple: With Ga Eul.
- Callingthe Old Man Out: He doesn't hesitate to do so when facing his father.
- The Casanova: Among the F4, he is the member who always has women swooning over him. It is later revealed that it's more of a defense mechanism: his father is a womanizer, which is why he hates his father and the primary reason why his mother is suicidal.
- The Charmer: The 5 second-kill!
- The Dutiful Son: From a family into traditional pottery, instead of tea ceremony like the original.
- Follow in My Footsteps: With regards to his father, both in pottery and flattering women.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Woo Bin.
- I Am Not My Father: They are both Casanovas, but unlike his father, Yi Jeong changes his ways after falling in love with Ga Eul.
- Inter-Class Romance: With Ga Eul.
- Ladykiller in Love
- Sibling Triangle: With his brother, who also likes Eun Jae.
- Those Two Guys: Usually seen with Woo Bin.
- What Have I Become?: Probably why he changes in the end.
Song Woo Bin
Originally Akira Mimasaka, the F4's friendliest member is from a family who works in construction and with connections to the mafia.
- Portrayed by: Kim Jun.Voiced by: Arturo Castañeda (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Gratuitous English: In real life, Kim Jun is the rapper for T-Max.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Yi Jeong.
- Only Sane Man: Especially in the later episodes where Jun Pyo gets a fiancee, Ji Hoo meets his grandfather, and Yi Jeong shuts himself from the world.
- Pair the Spares: In fanwork, he is usually paired up with Jae Kyung.
- The Un Favourite: Count his lines in the whole series! Thankfully, T-Max has a lot of songs in the soundtrack to make up for it.
Kim Jun: I didn't need that many lines. It was mostly, 'Yo! What's up!' It's not very friendly. When I meet my friends, I would say, 'Yo! What's up!' It's awkward, right?
- In an interview:
- Those Two Guys: Usually seen with Yi Jeong.
- Yakuza Prince: He has connections with the mafia.
Chu Ga Eul
Jan Di's best friend since childhood (originally Yuki Masuoka). She gets dragged into the F4's activities.
- Portrayed by: Kim So Eun.Voiced by: Julieta Rivera (Latin American Spanish dub)
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She eventually falls in love with So Yi Jeong. She even lampshades it.Chu Ga Eul (to So Yi Jeong): You need to get rid of your misconception that good girls want good guys.
- Beta Couple: With Yi Jeong.
- Childhood Friends: She and Jan Di have been friends since kindergarten.
- Food Slap: Pours a glass of water over Yi Jeong after he suggests that his father should borrow Ga Eul.
- Friend to All Children: She becomes a kindergarten teacher, where she is shown teaching her students how to mold clay.
- Inter-Class Romance: With Yi Jeong.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Ga Eul comes off as this in the Bodyguard CF with Yi Jung.
- Nice Girl: Is always called as such, especially by Yi Jeong.So Yi Jeong: I have a few rules when it comes to dating. One, I don't mess with good girls. Two, I also don't mess with idiotic girls. Three, never mess with girls related to my friends. Ga Eul, you meet all three criteria.
- Ordinary High-School Student: The only character her age that doesn't attend Shinhwa.
- Second Love: Yi Jeong's first love was her pottery teacher, Eun Jae.
- Shrinking Violet
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Jan Di's tomboy.
Gu Jun Hee
Jun Pyo's older sister, who raised him in lieu of their parents. Originally Doumyouji Tsubaki.
- Portrayed by: Kim Hyun-JooVoiced by: Kerygma Flores (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Big Sister Instinct: To Jun Pyo.
- Big Little Brother: Jun Pyo is taller than her.
- Brother–Sister Team: With Jun Pyo. Especially when they call out Madam Kang for lying to them about their father.
- Calling the Old Man Out: She doesn't hesitate to get angry at her mother for all the things the latter has done to control their lives.
- Cool Big Sis: To Jun Pyo, the rest of the F4, and to Jan Di.
- Onee-sama: She is probably the only one that Jun Pyo ever respects.
- Parental Abandonment
- Promotion to Parent: She raised Jun Pyo.
- School Idol: Due to being the only person who can tame Jun Pyo. She was the only one, until Jan Di came.
Kang Hee SooJun Pyo and Jun Hee's mother, the President of Shinhwa Group. Originally Doumyouji Kaede.
- Portrayed by: Lee Hye YoungVoiced by: Yolanda Vidal (Latin American Spanish dub)
- For Your Own Good: She claims that everything she does is for Jun Hee and Jun Pyo's wellbeing. When Jun Pyo gets into an accident, Jun Hee then asks her if everything she did was for Jun Pyo's own good. It makes her repent.
- Evil Is Petty: Madam Kang makes sure Jan Di's family falls into misery just because Jan Di is dating her son. There is a moment where Jan Di's mom pours a bowl of salt on her, because she couldn't accept the money she attempted to give them over the condition to keep Jan Di away from seeing Jun Pyo... and Madam Kang's response was forcing them out of business.
- Evil Matriarch: She is emotionally neglectful of both her children and vindictive toward Jan Di.
- Food Slap: Jan Di's mother pours a bowl of salt over the head of Madam Kang after she offers the Geum family a large amount of money so that Jan Di would stay away from Jun Pyo.
- Parental Neglect: She gets better.
Geum Il BongJan Di's father, who works at their dry cleaning service.
Na Gong JooJan Di's mother who seems to think that money is the only reason for their family to be happy.
Geum Kang SanJan Di's younger brother who has an affinity for technology.
Oh Min JiJan Di's first and only friend at Shinhwa High who betrays her when she finds out that Jan Di is her rival for Jun Pyo's affections. Originally, Sanjou Sakurako.
- Portrayed by: Lee Si YoungVoiced by: Gaby Ugarte (Latin American Spanish dub)
The Mean Girls TrioComposed of Choi Jin Hee (Ginger), Park Sun Ja (Sunny), and Lee Mi Sook (Miranda). They bullied Jan Di when she first transferred to Shinhwa, but then wanted to become friends with her after being Jun Pyo's girlfriend. When bad issues between Jun Pyo and Jan Di began to spreak out, they once again treat Jan Di badly. Originally Yuriko Asai, Minako Yamano, and Erika Ayuhara.
Other Supporting Characters
Min Seo Hyun
A famous Korean model who is Jan Di's idol. It is revealed that she is childhood friends with the F4, as well as Ji Hoo's first love. Originally Todou Shizuka.
- Portrayed by: Han Chae YoungVoiced by: Mireya Mendoza (Latin American Spanish dub)
- The Chick: Before Jan Di came along, she is the only girl close to the F4.
- Cool Big Sis: To Jun Pyo, the rest of the F4, and to Jan Di.
- Eventhe Girls Want Her
- The Fashionista
- Fashion Magazine: She's famous all over Korea for being a model.
- First Love: Ji Hoo's. He is also her first love.
- Follow in My Footsteps: People talk about her becoming a lawyer just like her parents, but she doesn't want that.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She lets Ji Hoo return to Korea so he could be with Jan Di.
- Parental Substitute: She was Ji Hoo's.
- Put on a Bus: She leaves for Paris so that she can live her life as her own person.
- School Idol
Ha Jae Kyung
- Portrayed by: Lee Min JungVoiced by: Alma Juárez (Latin American Spanish dub)
- Action Girl
- Action Girlfriend: To Jun Pyo. They break up in the end, though.
- Cool Big Sis: To Jan Di and Ga Eul.
- Disposable Fiancé: To Jun Pyo.
- Fairytale Wedding Dress
- Fun Personified: Loves taking Jan Di ang Ga Eul to shopping trips and activities where they can have fun. She also took Yi Jeong and Woo Bin out for a day off, and the boys were really tired at the end of the day.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She stops her wedding with Jun Pyo so that he can return to Jan Di.
- In-Series Nickname: Jun Pyo calls her "Monkey".
- Lady of War: She can kick asses while wearing fashionable clothes and boots.
- Ojou: Even though she doesn't act like one.
- Pair the Spares: In fanwork, she is usually paired up with Woo Bin.
Yoon Seok YoungA doctor who frequently visit's the porridge shop where Jan Di and Ga Eul work at. He is actually Ji Hoo's grandfather, the former president of Korea, who believes that the accident involving Ji Hoo's parents was his fault.
So Il-hyunYi Jeong's older brother who left their family.
- Sibling Triangle: With Eun Jae and Yi Jeong.