The cast of the Aveyond and associated tropes.
open/close all folders
Debuts in Ahriman's Prophecy
Talia MaurvaThe main character of Ahriman's Prophecy. A young girl with red hair who lives with her grandmother in a rural village, Talia dreams of becoming a herbalist, but is sent to become a magick wielder in the mainland instead to save the world from Ahriman.
- Black Magician Girl: She learns mostly offensive spells.
- Casting a Shadow: Talia's spells if she joins the Warlocks and Witches Guild.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Talia's spells if she joins the Earth Mage Guild.
- Demoted to Extra: By Aveyond 1, she's merely a guest and escorts the heroes to the titular place until leaving them as soon as she is reunited with an old friend, Devin Perry.
- Farmer's Daughter: She comes from a tiny farming village, and dreams of becoming a herbalist when she grows up.
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted. Talia is actually quite calm.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Halfway through their travels, it was revealed that Talia's mother is actually a fairy.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Talia is a possible Love Interest for Devin in Ahriman's Prophecy. Subverted as in Canon, Devin marries Alicia instead.
- Nuns Are Mikos: Canonically, she later becomes a priestess, but can still get married. Justified as she is a priestess, not a nun.
- Playing with Fire: Talia's spells if she joins the Dragon Lord Guild.
- Redhead In Green
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Soul Power: Talia's spells if she joins the Enchanter's Guild, which is arguably the best guild she can join, but also the latest.
- White Magic: Talia's spells if she joins the Priestess Guild, which she canonically does by Aveyond 1.
Devin Perry/PendragonTalia's village friend, a blue-haired blacksmith boy who is a year older than her. He was tasked with escorting Talia to the mainland.
- Demoted to Extra: He was one of the main protagonists in Ahriman's Prophecy, but barely has any speaking roles in its sequel.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Devin is known for his noble qualities, and he was the only one willing to escort Talia to the mainland, when his fellow blacksmiths refused to do so.
- Warrior Prince: Later marries princess Alicia Pendragon and becomes the successor of the throne of Thais.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is blue, presumably to contrast Talia's red.
Alicia PendragonThe blond-haired crown princess of Thais, who is surprisingly adept with the sword.
- Badass Princess: Despite being a princess, she is actually a capable fighter.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: She is a possible love interest for Devin in Ahriman's Prophecy, and by Aveyond 1, also the Canon one.
- Optional Party Member: If the player doesn't help Ella of Candar to attend the royal ball, the prince would (somewhat reluctantly) court her instead, and she would be stuck as Candar's queen.
- Posthumous Character: By Aveyond 1 due to being killed as the daevas started attacking the isles.
- Rebellious Princess: She despises her Princess duties and would eagerly join the heroes' quest in Ahriman's Prophecy to escape the palace life.
JackA black-haired young street urchin who lives as a thief who joins the party. He makes another appearance in Aveyond 2 after being freed from a curse that turned him to stone.
- Gentleman Thief: He addresses Talia as "M'lady" at first. Subverted as later he just calls all of them "fools". In his appearance in Aveyond 2, he's become much more mouthier compared to his appearance Ahriman's Prophecy.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Brown, or black?
- Optional Party Member: In both appearances. In Ahriman's prophecy, you can kill him or turn him into the authorities, or recruit him. In Aveyond 2, he's been turned to stone, and you don't have to free him. In both games though, it'd be pretty stupid not to recruit him, as he's the only one who can open locked treasure chests.
Frederick Le MewA shapeshifter lizard from Animalville.
Haddan HalbardkA dwarf mercenary.
- Optional Party Member: You can hire him for a price, but you don't have to do so.
Debuts in Aveyond: Rhen's Quest
Rhen Darzon/PendragonThe main character of Aveyond 1, a young village girl with purple hair who discovers that she has sword singing abilities.
- Action Girl: She's a sword singer who is adept in both magic and swordfighting.
- Braids of Action: Wears her hair in braids, and kicks ass all the way.
- Chosen One: The oracle chose her to wield the Sword of Shadows, the only sword capable of defeating Ahriman for good.
- Farmer's Daughter: Raised in a small village called Clearwater, where she'd spend her days chasing sheep and picking flowers. Subverted when it was revealed that her "father" was actually a former knight of Thais, and was tasked to raise his king's daughter as his own.
- Lightning Bruiser The enchanted swords she gets over time have powerful magic attacks, sometimes affecting the entire enemy party, and each enchanted sword she gets is more powerful than the last.
- Made a Slave: Ahriman sent a slave trader to capture and enslave Talia, but the trader mistakenly took Rhen because the latter was wearing Talia's priestess ring. She then spent about three months as the Tenobors' slave, before her sword singing gift was discovered by the Shadwood academy officials.
- Rags to Royalty: Later revealed to be the daughter of Alicia and Devin Pendragon, and the heir to the throne of Thais. She can choose to reject that fate, but it is the canon ending.
Lars TenoborA young green-haired noble who looks down on commoners, and was the master of Rhen when she was a slave. He is a skilled mage apprentice.
- Casting a Shadow: His powers upon joining the Necromancer's Guild.
- Character Development: Lars started as a mean-spirited bully, but becomes nicer as the game progresses. Rhen herself notes how much he has changed and was surprised to hear him point out how, after the party mistakenly donated a golden-egg-laying goose to the village of Dirkon, the poor villagers would probably need the goose more than they do.
- Child Mage: He is about the same age as Rhen, and later grows to be one of the best mages in the series.
- Platonic Life Partners: One of the alternate endings have both Lars and Rhen return to Shadwood Academy together to become teachers. Their relationship is described as platonic. Maybe.
- Playing with Fire: His powers upon joining the Annihilator's Guild can be both this and Dishing Out Dirt.
- Ship Tease: Some of his interactions with Rhen may count. He is usually the one who gets concerned over Rhen's safety when she tries to do something dangerous, gets visibly annoyed by Dameon's flirtations of her, compliments her when she wore a dress for the first time, and, in an optional dialogue he can have in the Sedona manor, he mentions how he would like Rhen if the circumstances were different.
- Spoiled Brat: He was initially portrayed as a spoiled Jerkass who abuses her power, mistreats slaves for fun, and forcibly joins Rhen's party to hog the spotlight and generally annoy her further.
- The Red Mage: Most of his spells are offensive, but he can learn some basic healing spells when he graduated from Shadwood.
Elinidana'ter'Lithir de ArmaitiWhite-haired female demon summoner who joins Rhen and Lars on their quest, while aiming for her own quest of getting another husband to add on to her stash of three.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Her dark skin denotes her Veldt heritage, and her white hair probably adds mysticism to her role as a summoner.
- In-Series Nickname: She's usually just called "Elini".
- Mystical White Hair: Being a summoner, she is one of the most powerful characters in-game, and her white hair helps exemplify that.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Pirate John's rejection of her when she tries to put the moves on him. Not that it stopped her.
- Overly Long Name: Invokes this in her introduction, where she tells the party to call her "Elini".
- Summon Magic: She can summon the souls of the demons she has defeated, including the daevas.
- Whip It Good: Her Weapon of Choice, matching her dominatrix persona.
Dameon Maurva/PendragonTalia's son. He is the current Sun Priest who, in the beginning of the game, was lured by Ahriman's promises of power. He hates his mother for killing his father, who similarly had been corrupted by Ahriman's darkness.
- Becoming the Mask: He starts flirting with Rhen so that he can convince her to defect to Ahriman's side later on, but eventually falls in love with her for real.
- Heel-Face Turn: Rhen manages to make him see the truth of Ahriman's evil, convincing him to side with the heroes during the Final Battle.
- Light 'em Up: Being a Sun Priest, his powers involves light magic.
- Love Interest: Ends up marrying Rhen in the canon ending.
- The Mole: He works under Ahriman, and initially joined the party to seduce Rhen into joining the dark side.
- White Mage: Most of his spells are healing, buff or debuff spells.
- Younger Than He Looks: He's stated to be the same age as Rhen (i.e. 16 years old), but with his beard and baldness, he looks like someone in their mid-30s at least.
Te'ijal RavenfootA red-haired vampire who has sadistic tendencies.
- Ascended Extra: She's just an additional muscle in the first game, but becomes a central character in the third game.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: She agrees to be this in return for the sunscreen. Galahad doesn't get the honors, however.
- Optional Party Member: If you don't pick the sunscreen, you can't recruit her. You do need her though, so best get that sunscreen
Galahad TeomesA paladin serving the King of Sedona, who hates evil.
- Death Seeker: He's an "incomplete" vampire because he refuses to drink human blood to complete his transformation. By the third series, he's been stuck in this half-state for about 200 hundred years, and he would rather die than become a full monster.
- Flat Earth Atheist: He refuses to belief in magic, even when Lars almost burned him with his magic during a conversation in the Sedona manor.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Parodied in the first game, where he tries to act noble and gentlemanly towards Rhen, and constantly interferes with her action because she's a lady. Rhen, who is a bona fide Action Girl, is more annoyed than flattered at his behaviour.
- Noble Bigot: He is certainly well-intentioned, but his incapability to accept that Te'ijal, a vampire, could be anything more than an evil demon.
- Optional Party Member: But if you allow him into your party, you get additional riches and a boost for Te'ijal's defense.
Pirate JohnA pirate who was thrown into prison because he refused to marry a Veldtian woman.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: He hates Veldtian women because of their Amazonian culture. At least till Elini pours a bottle of love potion on his head
Mad MargeAn overweight barmaid who is in love with Pirate John.
- Abhorrent Admirer: She's in love with Pirate John, but only managed to repulse him.
- Optional Party Member: For 2000 gold, she can be hired. Of course, this is not necessary, as at this point the party should be powerful enough to face most enemy encounters with ease.
- The Load: Despite requiring the party to fork in cash to recruit her, she's not a particularly good fighter. In fact, she arguably has the poorest stats among all the party member.
Debuts in Aveyond: Ean's Quest
Ean OkhoThe main character, a brown-haired young elf who sets out to the land of Man to find his best friend Iya.
- Determinator: He's willing to travel to a completely different world from his own to find his best friend, even though he doesn't know if he could ever return home.
- Exotic Weapon Supremacy: He uses claws as his Weapon of Choice.
- Nice Guy: Probably the nicest protagonists introduced to the series so far. He's kind, polite, and avoids conflicts whenever necessary.
- Official Couple: With Iya.
- Shapeshifting: He can collect magical figurines to transform into various creatures.
- Supporting Protagonist: Although he is the focus character of the second game, his name being in the title and everything, he is not The Chosen One. Iya is.
Iya TikiEan's friend who went missing one day. After being saved by Ean, she discovers her powers as a Song Mage.
- Badass Cape: Both her adventuring outfit and her outfit as a Battle Mage.
- Brainwashed: After being kidnapped by the Snow Queen, she was brainwashed to forget her past life and become the Queen's adoptive daughter, until Ean manages to restore her memories.
- Casting a Shadow: Her powers if she chooses to join the Necromancers' Guild.
- Chosen One: Her singer powers is apparently the only one that could sto
- Exotic Weapon Supremacy: She uses Spheres as her Weapon of Choice. p the Snow Queen's plan of freezing the world.
- Light 'em Up: Her powers if she chooses to join the Enchanters' Guild and gain the Daydream Sphere. Also the spells she can gain from the Phoenix Sphere.
- Official Couple: With Ean.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Her outfit as an Enchanter and her wedding dress if you get her married to Ean.
Rye ZoyleA young green-haired hunter who likes to adventure.
- Archer Archetype: Being a hunter, he's very a resourceful fellow and supplies the initial necessities for Ean and Iya.
- Dogged Nice Guy: How his interaction with Emma plays out. He once made a bet with her and wagers that the loser must obey 5 of the winner's command. Emma still gets the better of him even when he won the bet.
- Official Couple: With Emma.
Emma WillowA maid who wishes to become a swords master.
- Action Girl: After going to Shadwood academy, she can join the party to serve as a swordswoman.
- Blood Knight: Though it's mostly out of really not wanting to be a maid.
- I Just Want to Be Special: She starts out as being a household maid, but wants to become something much more, hence her desire to learn the sword instead.
- Official Couple: With Rye.
- Training from Hell: From what we can tell - how did she get so good in a few months?
Ava "One Eye"An infamous pirate who turns out to be a woman.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Ava is known as a harsh and ruthless pirate captain who will not stand to any nonsense from anyone. Gavin manages to soften her up with his chivalry, however.
- Gender-Blender Name: Her codename is "Rip", and the heroes assume that she was male when they heard about it. When she reveals herself as "Rip", Rye exclaims in surprise, "But you're a woman!"
- Pirate Eyepatch: Hence her nickname "One Eye".
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: We never see Ava do anything illegal over the course of the game. In fact, she's one of Uthar's best correspondence, and is the one who knocks some common sense and humility into Nicholas.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Nicholas PendragonThe younger brother of King Uthar, and the second in line to the Thais throne. Sent by his brother to grow up.
- Character Development: If you keep him around, he becomes a bit nicer by the end.
- Spoiled Brat: He's very snobbish, stuck up and tends to look down on commoners.
- Mutually Exclusive Party Members: You can either have Nick or Gavin at any one moment because they hate each other too much to be in the same party. Unless you download the patch which allows you to have both.
- White Mage: He's the token healer of the party, and his white magic is a direct contrast to Gavin.
Gavin MorvenA warlock from Bogwood.
- Black Mage: As a warlock, he mostly learns dark magic, such as curses, poison, and the like.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Ava, who regards his advances with cold reproach. It took him offering one of his eyes to replace her missing one to finally win some affection from her.
- Ladykiller in Love: Despite his reputation as the resident casanova in Bogwood, he falls in love with Ava.
- Mutually Exclusive Party Members: You can either have Gavin or Nick at any one moment because they hate each other too much to be in the same party. Unless you download the patch which allows you to have both.
Debuts in Aveyond: Orbs of Magic Series
Mel DarkthropA black-haired thief girl who trains in Thais as a spy.
Edward PendragonThe Crown Prince of Thais.
StellaAn amnesiac purple-haired dark-skinned girl whom Edward and Mel found in the ruins.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Easy Amnesia
- Light 'em Up
- Love Interest: One of three for Edward.
- Mysterious Waif: An amnesiac young woman whose only memory was being chased by the Big Bad for unknown reasons.
- Nice Girl: Stella is a demure, gentle healer who loves animals and treats everyone with kindness and respect.
- White Magician Girl
- Winged Humanoid: Except her wings were cut off before she lost her memory.
Lydia RupertA green-haired noble lady who wishes to marry Edward and become Queen.
- Alpha Bitch
- Hair Decorations
- Love Interest: One of three for Edward.
- Mega Twintails
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: She appears to have softened up near the end of the second chapter, being more willing to offer her assistance in completing the quest. Unfortunately, this is just another of her ploy to get closer to Edward to steal his throne.
- Spoiled Brat
UlfA small orc who wields axes. He joins the party wishing to escape his fate as the runt in orcish society.
JuneA young magician who specializes in trickster spells.
YvetteA shapeshifter who can turn into different birds.
Nox Tenobor/DarkthropA creepy young girl who haunts Mel with cryptic statements at random intervals. She turns out to be Mel's daughter from the future.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Kid from the Future
- Meaningful Name: Nox means "dark".
- Nice Hat: At points in The Lost Orb.
- Sinister Scythe