- It looks to me... like it needs some more MILK!
- Marten's revenge on the monk.
- Hannelore again, standing up to her overbearing mother.
- Hannelore got hers after Faye and Sven hooking up caused drama. Faye got drunk and had wangst. This is how Hanners dealt with it:
Hannelore: You are going to put down that bottle right this instant. Then you're going to go take a nice, hot shower while I make you some coffee, and you're going to SOBER UP and QUIT WHINING because I am NOT PUTTING UP WITH ANY MORE OF YOUR SHIT!
- To put this in perspective: Hannelore has severe OCD and usually curls fetal and cries when put in a confrontational situation. She must really have been sick of Faye's shit.
- Also, Wil in this one. Breaks his arm in a road accident and his first priority is making sure his date doesn't feel rejected by him not turning up. THAT is chivalry.
Wil: I fear my arm's broken.Penelope: What?! Why did you come HERE then? You should be at the hospital!Wil: A gentleman never stands a lady up.
- Instant karma kicking Faye in the ass when she laughed on hearing about Wil's accident, seen here.
- Pretty much everything in this episode counts as a crowning moment of awesome. Especially The US Department... of kicking your ass. And he wasn't just making it up, either.
- The entire (ESPECIALLY this one) drunken sledding scene.
- My name is Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham. I END MESSES. For those of you who don't remember, it was this strip. Even Angus thought that that was awesome.
- Marigold working up the nerve to open that door.
- "Let's finish this..."
- First, Pintsize and Winslow try to jump Hannelore's Roomba off a ramp. Then they succeed.
- Speaking of Angus, he gets one in this strip where he suddenly kisses Faye after Faye comments about how people are sometimes full of surprises and ends up not only rendering Faye completely speechless but also snagged a date with her as well. Gotta admire the sheer chutzpah on that dude.
- Faye giving Dora a much deserved What Were You Thinking? after Marten helps Faye through a panic attack was the cause of much fan rejoicing.
- It's not technically in the continuity of the comic itself, but it's hard to imagine an image more awesome than this. A tiny bird dual-wielding machine pistols riding a tiger (while presumably high on bath salts that he snorted out of said tiger's rectum) while fireworks go off in the background.
- Momo getting payback on Pintsize for being such a dick.
- Sam doing her damnedest to catch a snake is also really funny.
- Meta-examples for Jeph himself. Aside from doing the comic and attending various conventions, Jeph regularly worries about his physical and mental health. One night when Jeph had no idea what to do for a comic, somebody on Twitter told Jeph to start drinking again, if that's what it takes. Predictably, this only made Jeph feel much, much worse. But instead of letting it get him down, he actually managed to turn the insult into motivation to get a comic done
- A second example: Jeph decided to take a mental health day off, and instead made some Flashdance-inspired Hannelore art to fill in. And then he decided to do a regular comic anyway, for the same day.
- As another meta example, there's The Rant written below this strip. A long, yet deserved Take That! to the Comic Book Ghetto. Oh, hell yeah.
- Merely a dream sequence, but: NOW ENDS THE AGE OF MAN.
- Hannelore's birthday gift to her dad. Not even a drunken Lieutenant Porter can ruin the moment.
- Tai lays out her feelings toward Dora.
- PUNY MORTAL! YOUR THREATS ARE NOTHING TO SKULLMASTER, MASTER OF SKULLS!
- Dora's brutal "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Faye after catching her drinking on the job. In one paragraph, she systematically rips apart the "quirks" that have been a hallmark of Faye's personality ( such as being snarky, mean to customers, insubordinate, and grouchy to the other workers at the coffee shop), pointing out that, instead of them being funny, her actions are getting tiresome. The entire situation, in context, is a tearjerker, but props to Dora for saying what needed to be said.
- For many people, Claire stripping for Marten could be seen as one. We all know that she has a crippling fear of being rejected due to being transgender, so her standing up and saying "W-well, this-this is me" is nothing short of awesome. Marten's response is also a Heartwarming Moment.
- Faye finding her last secret bottle of alcohol…and then pouring it down the drain. There is hope for you yet, Whitaker.
- Doubles as a Funny Moment, but Marten shutting down Pintsize before he even has a chance to harass Claire is pretty cool.
- Clinton gets punched out for spilling a drink on a guy during his date with Emily. Emily slaps the attacker, who then decides to try and hit her when Elliott shows up.
Elliott: Friend you have a lot to learn about interpersonal behavior. Come outside with me and I'll educate you.
- And the best part? Elliott has almost never shown any violence in the comic, and has generally been more of a Gentle Giant. Not only that, but, as far as we know, he doesn't even KNOW Emily or Clinton. But when you hurt people around him, you're in for a world of pain.
- Faye returns to Coffee of Doom and is so disturbed by the changes in the place that she buys herself a bottle of whisky, but then Bubbles insists on accompanying her home, and just stands there in silence as Faye prepares to drink. After a massive internal struggle, Faye doesn't drink the whisky and just beats the hell out of a punchbag instead, admittedly while weeping with frustration and self-hatred. On her return to work she walks straight up to Bubbles and gives her a huge hug.
- An Offscreen Moment of Awesome for Gentle Giant Elliott. He shows up with a bandage across his nose. The cut to how he got it?
Elliott: [clutching a bloodied nose and giving a legitimate Death Glare to someone wielding a bottle] Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. [cut back to Elliott talking to Brun] I...I walked into a door.Brun: Is the door okay?Elliott: Not really, no.
- Even though it's followed up by a Kick the Dog moment, it's impressive how Corpse Witch deals with Roko, playing off the situation and ushering her out the door before she can object.
- It's not every girl who has friends that can call in an orbital strike.
- "I am still here." Seeing Corpse Witch finally get hers is extremely cathartic.
Next comic follow up: I could rip you apart, tear out your mind substrate, and crush it to dust in my hands. There is nothing you could do to stop me.... I choose not to.
- Bubbles may have let Corpse Witch off...but the unknown AI isn't going to.
spookybot: We are very, VERY bad news.