- Page: 3
Session 3: Rule Of Cool
Tropes from this session:
- Bash Brothers: Put Creig and Gerard in a fight together and awesomeness is practically guaranteed to ensue. And then they'll probably go back to trying to kill each other. This is likely due at least in part to the fact that their players are friends in Real Life.
- Broken Bridge: The stairs out of the dungeon melted when Creig tried to actually leave.
- Crazy Awesome: GERARD. No sane person would even consider some of the stuff he pulled during this session.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: I put on my E.S. Posthumus playlist towards the end of the goblin battle, and then started taking requests from the Blazblue soundtrack.
- Death from Above: Creig vs. goblin via wall jump.
- Fine, You Can Just Wait Here, Alone: Pretty much everyone said some variation of this to Creig.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Gerard's player did this to himself by accident - he'd been forgetting to add a +3 bonus to damage for the full duration of the campaign up to this point.
- I Gave My Word: Gerard lists this as his reason for continuing to search for Krall.
- Incendiary Exponent: See Megaton Punch.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Palmela Handerson". It Makes Sense in Context.
- The Joys of Torturing Mooks: WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?!!!
- Kicked Across The Room: The goblin, so hard that it was actually embedded in the wall for a moment.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Gerard put his book away and calmly stared down Creig right before delivering the below-cited rant.
- Megaton Punch: Gerard + Firebrand + a running start = FALCON PUNCH!!
- Deadly Upgrade: Unfortunately, after this was over there was still the matter of Gerard being on fire...
- Off with His Head!: The goblin.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:
Gerard: Everyone, SHUT UP. Creig! You are not at sea! You are not on a boat! You are not with your THRICE DAMNED CREW! YOU! ARE! IN! A! GROUP! And IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, YOU WILL HELP ME.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: The goblin. That is all.
- Random Number God: It was almost as though the dice themselves could detect the awesomeness that was going on and decided to help things along. Specifically, the Falcon Punch did as much damage as it could possibly have done.
- Refuge in Audacity: Just about everything that happened tonight, really, but special mention goes to using the dead goblin's head as a ranged weapon and the Falcon Punch.
- Rule of Cool / Rule of Funny: Due to the utter lack of anything with any importance to the plot past the first half hour of the session, I decided to just let everyone go nuts. The results were some of the most over-the-top moments of my (admittedly quite limited) gaming career to date.
- Throw It In!: Phommf is a swear word in Sanctum as of this session.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Creig and Gerard look to be headed towards this.
- Wall Jump: Creig does this off of Denzai and Gerard so he can get on top of the goblin.
- Whip It Good: Denzai's Weapon of Choice for the night.
- It was actually hard to find one where people weren't in character, but I have to go with this if only for the ego boost. Background: Denzai was attempting to attack and disarm a goblin with a whip. He made the attack, but the goblin got a natural 20 on its saving throw for the disarm. I saw an opportunity for hilarity.
Me: The goblin grabs the end of the whip, and yanks it out of Denzai's hands. It pulls so hard that it hits itself in the face with the other end of the whip for 8 damage.Xiphoniii: Best. Flavor. Ever.
Naming the Goblin Gregory was not my idea, as wonderful as that would have been. Denzai, resident Mad Scientist, gets the credit for that.
.....that really was a great session, and all of that stuff was really awesome. I loved that.
- Page: 3