open/close all folders
- Awesome Music: The series is best remembered for its awesome soundtrack. Especially "Pseudo Hendrix".
- Game-Breaker: The M60. More Dakka? Check. Having lots of ammo? Check. Balanced recoil? Check! It's so broken that it pretty much turns any of its users into John Rambo.
- Good Bad Bugs: See Artificial Stupidity.
- Narm: In the second game, we have this:Minh's diary: "We will throw the Americans and Saigonese, their vehicles and hamburgers to the sea!"
- In Fist Alpha, some of Douglas' cries when he's on fire.
- That One Level: The last mission of Fist Alpha, the second game's US campaign's last mission and pretty much the latter half of the VC campaign.
Vietcong, Fist Alpha, and Red Dawn
- Anti-Climax Boss: The NVA colonel in Fist Alpha's last mission goes down easily like any other enemy. He's also equipped with only a pistol. The T-34 in the original counts too, since it never fires its main gun (it only fires its machine gun) and the only things between you and it are a bunch of NVA troops.
- First Installment Wins
- Porting Disaster: The PlayStation 2 and Xbox ports of Purple Haze were not as well-received as the original PC version. It doesn't help that both has fewer levels, not to mention missing some features that are present in the original.