- Acceptable Targets
- Awesome Music - The Biscuit Rap. That is all.
- Cargo Ship: Janet and her "delicious guava" - along with other assorted fruit and vegetables - after she and Jonny break up.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Following the events of the eighth season, a fair few fans want Janet and Wesley to get together.
- When it looked as if Gaz and Janet were going to become an Official Couple, the fans clamoured for Gaz and Donna to make a return. It worked.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In the episode Lard, Janet and Donna agree that Jimmy Savile was an even greater tragedy of our time than male bonding. At the time, Susan Nickson probably had in mind Savile as the naff, shellsuit-wearing, cigar-smoking TV presenter. However...
- He's Just Hiding!: Many fans speculate - as well as hope - that this is true of Jonny. After all, nobody actually sees him die, and since he was savaged by a shark, it could be possible that the body was too mangled to be properly identified...
- Ho Yay: A few Gaz/Jonny moments.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: The Gaz/Janet affair of the Seasons 7 and 8 is often accused of re-treading the same ground as their original "one night stand" storyline of earlier seasons.
- Les Yay: A Donna/Louise/Janet moment in the second season, as well as several Janet/Kelly and Louise/Kelly moments.
- Moment of Awesome:
- What Jonny does to the dress that Louise was going to wear to her court appearance, as a blackmail attempt.
- Donna's rant near the end of 'Filthy Brunching'.
- Nightmare Fuel: The horror episode, "When Janet Killed Jonn"', is full of this (even though the episode is played for laughs at the same time). Most of the creepiest moments involve Louise, who after being afflicted by the pub's curse, starts to saw off her own leg above the knee while being completely nonchalant about the whole thing, bashes herself in the head with a claw hammer, and then proceeds to saw her own head off.
- What really makes this a Nightmare Fuel episode is that it's apparently not all just a dream. Well, yes it is, but not within the episode. It was also the last episode of the season, and Jonny's final appearance.
- Kelly's death is the least gory, but one of the most unnerving: she gets a crisp packet stuck to her mouth and then hundreds of crisp packets whirl around her and stick to her, so that's she suffocated to death while blinded and gagged.
- Also, the gore and monster effects were very realistic. Not at all the goofy fair you see in most "scary episodes" of sitcoms.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Some feel this way about the Gaz/Janet affair.
- The Scrappy: Dion, although this is probably intentional.
- Wesley, too - initially, at least.
- Seasonal Rot - many feel that season 7 (with the live episode as a general exception) was a let-down. Others feel that it began with season 6.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Many fans feel this way since the ninth season changes were announced.
- The Woobie - Everyone has their moments.
YMMV / Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps