- Crack Pairing: Michael and Zara, for rather obvious reasons: One's a twenty-something male human living on 21st century Earth, the other's a century-and-a-half-old Eldar Farseer who's only a couple of inches tall. It's saying something when the Rose of Slaanesh thinks that it's really strange that the two are a pair.
- Crazy Awesome: The united 'Order' forces getting their act together in Chapter 19, and kicking serious ass.
- Evil Is Sexy: The Rose of Slaanesh.
- Fan Nickname: The Emma-peror and La Emperadora for Emma.
- Fridge Brilliance:
- Even the Emperor of Mankind is made Fun Size in this setting!
- Why do the 40K characters occasionally spout pop culture shout outs (particularly egregious with Porthos the Grey Knight? Because they are assimilating modern (ancient) society; quirks, references and all.
- Funetik Aksent: The Orks, obviously.
- Funny Moments: Zara finds out about loli's after Michael complains about the Emperor's trolling him like a character from a Japanese porn game. Turns out even the Emperor'sonly found out about that stuff recently.
- Also: ""I DO NOT WEAR PANTIES!""
- Hilarious in Hindsight: How silly! The Orks are taking orders from a Boss that's as large as a Titan (from their perspective)! Um, yeah, about that...
- Nightmare Fuel: Long after he has killed his first daemon, Michael still choked up in fear whenever he so much as thought about them. Of course, this leads to...
- Nightmare Retardant: Apparently, the sight of daemons literally vaporizing from being shot up by a literal wall of Gatling guns works well for this.
- No Yay: During Chapter 25, the Rose of Slaanesh's...relationship with Michael becomes more and more disturbing, and it becomes exceedingly clear what kind of a relationship Michael would have with her.
- Shipping: Quite a bit of the fan following ships Michael/Zara, Meliya/Sohm and Amadeus/Samisha. Guarantees this, too, since there isn't much in the way of romantic competition (yet) and their real problem is that their partner might die in combat, as none of them are non-combatants.
- The Woobie:
YMMV / Toy Hammer