- Awesome Music: Provided by Jimmy Bryant and his band.note
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- The whole party near the end. What the heck is a stereotypical Scottish man, complete with huge red mustache, kilt, Tam O'Shanter bonnet, and thick brogue accent, doing at the party?
- As well as an African-American girl in a polka-dot bikini, a woman in a tutu and roller skates, a caricatured Chinese man, a large and buxom woman who can easily fling her rail-thin dance partner around and a weird idiot who takes photographs of skydivers just to take home... and look at them?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The town this movie was filmed in (Half Moon Bay) would be plagued yet again by the production of a shockingly terrible movie nearly 50 years afterwards, which (part of) the MST3K crew would Riff once again.
- The Hot Coffee scandal makes the insistance on coffee by the characters even more hilarious.
- Narm: The famous "Coffee? ... I like coffee." scene, even by this movie's standards.
- So Okay, It's Average: By Coleman Francis standards at least. The Beast of Yucca Flats is an utter trainwreck and Red Zone Cuba is completely morally reprehensible. This film is just competent enough to be totally forgettable.
- Tear Jerker: One legitimately sad moment in the film is when a child innocently asks, "Is Harry dead?"
- Technology Marches On: The skydivers jump with Army surplus rigs, equipped with round bell canopies. Such rigs were phased out by wing parachutes in the 1970s.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Beth is played by Kevin Casey, who's very androgynous-looking, helmet wig notwithstanding.
YMMV / The Skydivers