- Angst? What Angst?: Deliberately averted. One of the major themes of the film is capturing the innocence of childhood by showing how the main child cast is mostly unfazed by the things happening around them. The only times when they show any angst are when they know something in their life is about to change for good, such as Scooty being forced not to see Moonee anymore and Moonee being taken away from her mother.
- Award Snub: While Willem Dafoe did receive a nomination for Best Supporting Actor, the film failed to get any other nominations at the Academy Awards despite its critical acclaim and the fact that it was long viewed as being one of the top potential front-runners for the ceremony. It has been theorized by some that its snubbing was because of Andrew Duncan, one of the film's producers, being accused of sexual harassment, as well as the fact that A24 decided to dedicate more time and effort into campaigning for Lady Bird than this film.
- Moral Event Horizon: Halley finally crosses this when she beats Ashley in front of her own son.
- Narm: Some have found Moonee's crying at the end somewhat off-putting.
- Squick: Halley sticking a used menstrual pad on a window.
YMMV / The Florida Project