- Cliché Storm: Lacking any deconstructive aspects that separated the characters from the standard personality types they were based off of, you're left with a fairly average paint-by-the-numbers shoujo romance.
- Earworm: Opening theme Fure Fure Mirai, which is just as catchy as the memetic ending its name resembles.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Assuming that it's the canon version of Nagato who is speaking to Kyon in this page, this is easily the most Heartwarming Moment of the series until now.
- Just Here for Godzilla: If youre not interested in romance then the mythology gags are plentiful.
- Les Yay: The afore-mentioned Heterosexual Life-Partners can alternatively be seen as such, particularly Ryoko towards Yuki.
- Let's not forget this one particular scene.
- And later Ryoko fantasizes about stalking Yuki during a date-like situation.
- In Chapter 10, Ryoko starts revealing embarrassing secrets about Yuki to Tsuruya, who does the same with Mikuru. Tsuruya then reveals that Mikuru has a star-shaped mole on her chest, which is something that Mikuru did not know before and is greatly embarrassed. Now, in Ryoko's case about catching Yuki checking her weight after a shower makes sense, since she's a close friend who frequently visits her, but, for Tsuruya to be the one to know about Mikuru's beauty mark is, while funny, a little strange, since it's not really explained how she knows...Not to mention that Mikuru looks seductive in that page.
- When discussing Valentine's Day, Mikuru says she would be happy to get chocolate from Yuki if Yuki were male, and sheepishly admits that it came out like a confession.
- All of Chapter 49 between Asakura and Haruhi.
- Memetic Mutation:
- TAAKII! became one on /a/ after the very first episode of the anime.
- The return of a single phrase that reopened some old wounds and made many a viewer cringe (shortly before laughing their asses off): "Kyon-kun denwa!"
- Moe: Yuki-chan, big time.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: It's mostly filled with heartwarming moments in a line.
YMMV / The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan