- Broken Base: One of the more notably divisive Voyager episodes. People on one side of the fence hated "Demon" and hated revisiting the concept. People who like this episode admire its strong dramatic elements.
- Fridge Horror: Captain Janeway's duplicate happily mentions "Ensign Harper's new baby" near the beginning of the episode. Which reminds us, Naomi Wildman and her mother presumably have a duplicate aboard that ship too...
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: For some who didn't like "Demon", including SF Debris.
- Tear Jerker: Easily one of the saddest episodes for VOY and the entire franchise.
- The scene where Tom describes the honeymoon he has planned with B'Elanna as she slowly slips away.
- The increasingly bleak atmosphere on Duplicate Voyager as one character after another dies, and everyone else is just barely alive.
- The biggest tearjerker is probably the fact that the duplicates' entire ten month existence amounts to little more than a footnote in Janeway's log.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: An 'expendable' Voyager could have been used to explore areas the writers had been reluctant to explore in the series.
YMMV / Star Trek: Voyager S5 E17: "Course: Oblivion"