- Growing the Beard: Season 1 didn't draw too many fans, in large part because the plot was far too cliché. Season 2, however, was anything but cliché, and the large amount of Wham Episodes, Character Development, and fast-paced storytelling led to a vast bump in quality.
- Memetic Mutation:
- A joke fans started began with Kendrick's One-Scene Wonder appearance beginning with him randomly shouting "MYNIGGAMYNIGGAMYNIGGA!"
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Kanan coldly killing Shawn because he refused to kill Ghost, something Kanan was more than capable of doing himself.
- Holly hiring Jamaican hitmen to kill Ghost. The hit failed, but she was almost responsible for inadvertently getting Tariq killed as well.
- Tariq crosses it irreversibly by fatally shooting Ghost, his own father.
- One-Scene Wonder: Kendrick Lamar's appearance as a trickster drug-dealer, with many critics even praising the fact that He Really Can Act in terms of his performance.
- Sophomore Slump: Happily averted. Season 2 was perphaps the show's defining season for reasons must seen way above.
- The Scrappy:
- Very few people liked Holly for constantly committing one dumb act after another. When she hired Jamaican hitman to try and kill Ghost behind Tommy's back (which almost inadvertently led to the death of Tariq as well), it was the final straw for many fans. So naturally, nobody complained when Tommy choked her to death.
- This can be also be said for Tariq, who didn't achieve this status until midway Season 3 and so on.
YMMV / Power