The characters from Power.
open/close all folders
James "Ghost" St. Patrick
Played by: Omari Hardwick
- Anti-Hero: A murderer and drug lord as well as adulterer but his mates and enemies tend to be morally worse than he is and he's usually the first to try and seek a diplomatic solution.
- Anti-Villain: He may deal with drugs and murder, but he doesn't take any actual thrill out of it and he genuinely wants to run a legitimate business.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: 99% of his screen-time has him wearing an awesome suit.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Despite his criminal activities, James loves his kids, Tommy, Tasha, and Angela.
- First Love: To Angela.
- Genius Bruiser: Fits this trope well.
- Good Parents: One of his humanizing traits is that he genuinely loves his kids.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a curved one under his right eye.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He and Tommy have been best friends since they were little.
- Hypocrite: He gets pissed at Tasha after learning her affair with Shawn. To note, this was after he had his own affair with Angela.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may be a crook and a killer, but his heart's in the right place when it comes to his children and friends.
- Tattooed Crook: He has an eagle tattoo on his upper torso.
- This Is Reality: Uses this trope when Shawn points a gun at his head.
- Your Cheating Heart: Began an affair with Angela even though he was already married to Tasha and had three kids.
Thomas "Tommy" Egan
Played by: Joseph Sikora
- Big Brother Instinct: A deadly example, where he strangled Holly to death while consumed in a fit of rage after hearing she hired Jamaicans to kill Ghost.
- Catch Phrase: "Cancel Christmas!"
- Cold-Blooded Torture: He once burned a man alive
- Evil Redhead: A red-headed, violent gangster.
- Freudian Excuse: Discussed. Angela states that growing up with a selfish mother is partially a reason why he turned to crime.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He really doesn't know when to stay cool.
- Has a Type: According to Angela, he has a thing for redheads. Her statement is proven right later on.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He and James have been best friends since they were little.
- Honorary Uncle: Is this to Ghost and Tasha's kids.
- Horrible Judge of Character: It's one of his well-known flaws.
- Hot-Blooded: Com hand-in-hand with having a poor control over his temper.
- Like Brother and Sister: Has this relationship with Tasha.
- The Lost Lenore: His girlfriend, Holly, who he killed himself.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Accidentally strangles Holly to death in a fit of rage.
- Number Two: Ghost's second-in-command.
- Undying Loyalty: To Ghost. He's the last person who gets to be with him as he dies from a gunshot inflicted by Tariq.
Tasha St. Patrick
Played by: Naturi Naughton
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Tasha loves the idea of Ghost as the gangster and drug dealer, not James St. Patrick the businessman.
- The Fashionista: She always buys new and very expensive clothes and jewelry.
- Good Parents: One of her humanizing traits is that she really cares about her kids and thinks of their welfare before her own.
- Hypocrite: Tasha is pissed at finding out about Ghost's infidelity, but has no problems flirting and later sleeping with Shawn.
- Like Brother and Sister: Has this relationship with Tommy.
- Ms. Fanservice: Often seen in tight-fitting clothing that accentuates her figure.
- Parents as People: She understandably jumps to the conclusion that the school is racist for giving the role of Annie to a white girl instead of her daughter.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: For Shawn. She calls him a "good man" and the only one she can really trusts.
- Woman Scorned: She was pissed when she found about Ghost and Angela.
- Your Cheating Heart: Before actually sleeping with Shawn, Tasha gave him not-to-subtle hints that she was attracted to him.
Played by: Sinqua Walls
- Chick Magnet: Tasha and her best friend were practically fighting over him.
- Killed Off for Real: He gets killed by his father Kanan after the latter decided not to kill Ghost.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Shawn is nothing like his jerkass father, Kanan.
- Nice Guy: One of the few genuine ones.
- One Head Taller: He towers over Tasha.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He really wants to make Ghost and Kanan (especially the latter) proud and know that they can trust him.
Played by: Lela Loren
- Anti-Hero: Angela is on the side of good, but she's not without her own faults: Cheating on her boyfriend, lying to her superiors, and doing borderline illegal things.
- By-the-Book Cop: subverted with a capital P!
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Back when they dated in high school, her father and sister didn't approve of her dating James because of his (alleged) ties to drug dealing.
- First Love: To James.
- Go-Getter Girl: Determined to rise her ranks within the FBI.
- Hello, Attorney!: And how!
- Morality Pet: To James.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Angela fell for James because he was different from most of the guys in their neighborhood.
- Working with the Ex: She and Greg quickly become this after they break up.
- Your Cheating Heart: Began an affair with James even though she was already in a relationship with fellow FBI agent, Greg.
Agent Greg Knox
Played by: Andy Bean
- Dogged Nice Guy: He really liked Angela...and finding out about her cheating really hurt him.
- It's Personal: He vows to take James and Angela after the latter appeared to help him take down the former but instead filed a formal complaint against him, resulting in him being suspended and his gun and badge taken away.
- Nice Guy: Despite discovering Angela is cheating on him, Greg still helps her with whatever she needs.
- Only Friend: The only FBI agent to respect and trust Angela.
- Perma-Stubble: He appears to have never heard of a razor.
- Sanity Slippage: Loses it all after Angela's betrayal.
- Satellite Character: He never gets one scene alone; it's always with Angela.
- Working with the Ex: He and Angela quickly become this after they break up.
Played by: Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson
- Berserk Button: Anything will set him off.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: In "Ghost Is Dead", when he is suffocating the life out of Ghost with some plastic wrapping material, Kanan wastes time taunting him about the other ways he would've gone about killing him like a BoomHeadshot or fucking Tasha while he was dying., allowing Ghost to pick up shattered glass and stabbed him with it.
- The Chessmaster: His hobby appears to be playing chess and he's shown to be a highly effective Manipulative Bastard.
- Dirty Coward: He'd rather sit back and let Shawn kill Ghost for his betrayal rather than do it himself. He does so later anyways when Shawn fails.
- Disappeared Dad: To Shawn. He's been in jail for his entire childhood.
- Evil Counterpart: To James. While James does engage in illegal activities, he genuinely wants to go straight and has some humanizing qualities about him; Kanan, even after being in jail for a decade, wants to go back to doing the same drug-dealing and murdering crimes and is a pure sociopath. Also, while James is very good parent to his kids, Kanan continually pressures Shawn into doing something he obviously doesn't want to do — and murdered Shawn when he decided to not kill James.
- Has a Type: Kanan likes women with big butts.
- Jerkass: Has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He is however justified in being mad with Ghost setting him up, directly leading to his imprisonment.
- Offing the Offspring: He murdered Shawn after he decided not to kill Ghost.
- The Sociopath: Kanan shows no empathy for others, overreacts at the slightest of irritating things, and skillfully manipulates people. But the moment that certified Kanan as a true, unrepentant sociopath is killing Shawn. His own son.