- Ascended Meme: "Whose favorite food is Lantis?!" from the Earthbound race became a little more widely known as Lantis was in the running for the Favorite Food bid wars in the Earthbound runs at RPG Limit Break and Summer Games Done Quick 2017, though it didn't win either time it was in the Top 3.
- Awesome Ego:
- Ixzion's ego and sore loser/winner tendencies make him one of the funniest racers. It helps that he can generally back up his claims.
- In Super Mario RPG, Ixzion calls Lantis a loser for his own good, and adds that if he wasn't a loser Ix wouldn't be such a good winner like he is.
- Ixzion's Gamecules stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl spells out "IX!"
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- The jokes about the splattering/burning puppies in the "Puppy Love" levels of Earthworm Jim 2.
- In Donkey Kong '94, Ixzion claims he didn't believe in abortion until he beat the first stage with DK Jr.
- Ending Fatigue: This can happen on longer races and is the primary reason why the group will very likely not be racing any more full RPGs.
- Fountain of Memes: Lantis and Ixzion provide a lot of quotable moments.
- Ho Yay:
- Ixzion crosses into this over Lantis during Super Mario Land.
- Gets taken Up to Eleven in Kirby Super Star.
- Returns with a vengeance in Mega Man 2 when Ix says he likes to "see Lantis subjugated" and Fox asks if he wants to "Fun" Lantis.
- Once again during Uniracers where both Lantis and Ix tell each other to, "Get off me!"
- In Earthbound Ix lists Lantis as his favorite food and declares Lantis his favorite thing.
- "Lantis, you are on my ass like a dirty diaper." "I can't wait for you to shut me up," in Super Mario Bros.
- Memetic Mutation: "Pulling a Lantis" for groups inspired by this one whenever they are ahead in a race but end up choking at the last second.
- Never Live It Down:
- Lantis has won his share of races but he's most often remembered for being the one to fall to second place at the last second or choke completely and end up dead last, being the only one to not finish a game.
- Ixzion will forever be accused of cheating on The Magical Quest as, during the group's lost recording of it, he was playing on Easy while everyone else was on Normal.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Lantis originally tried to keep the channel at PG-level content. It fell apart during Donkey Kong 3.
- What Measure Is a Non-Badass?: Sometimes the group gets this treatment from people who claim they suck at the games they race, but the group does it for the Rule of Fun more than anything else.
YMMV / Let's Race With RPGM