- Awesome Music: While not everyone is happy with the decision to have a score mostly consisting of piano, most agree that the music is very soothing and well-composed. One of the soundtrack's highlights is "A Fantastic Encounter", which plays during fights with spritnite-eaten monsters.
- Cliché Storm: One of the main criticisms of the plot is that it hardly does anything new or interesting, and that the characters fall into predictable archetypes or are just plain Expies that have been done better in other games.
- Astral Stasis, a triple tech involving Fides, Aeterna, and Endir. It does decent damage, casts Stop on the enemy, and also casts a party-wide Haste. This is further compounded by the fact that Aeterna and Fides are already the fastest party members, which means that not only does your enemy sit there utterly helpless, you get turns so quickly that the boss will probably die pretty quickly depending on your damage output.You can only get it very late in the game, but it essentially trivializes all the sidequest bosses and enemy encounters from then on, including the final boss.
- Cross Cutter, an attack-all combo used by Endir and Nidr that is available early on is powerful enough to end any normal monster encounter in one round.
- Gameplay Derailment: Like in most RPGs, status buffs and regeneration spells only last for a few turns; however "a turn" is only counted after the character executes an action. In other words, as long as you character stand still, the buffs won't fade.
- You can easily win the optional Duel Boss between Nidr and Freyja by casting "Counter"note once and don't do anything else. Nidr's counter status will never cease, making all of his opponent's attacks miss while he will keep countering each attempt until the battle ends.
- During the battle with the Schwarzstrom. The boss has an attack in which he dives under water, becoming invulnerable to attacks, and then on the next turn, emerges from the water, and launches a tsunami. The next turn will only happen after you character takes an action. If you don't do anything, he will never emerge. This helps to fill everyone's SP gauge to the maximum and, if you have cast a regen spell beforehand, wait until the HP/MP is recovered to the maximum.
- Memetic Mutation: Renaming Setsuna to something that would invoke a silly reaction to the title such as "I Am Bread" or "I Am THE LAW" as seen at its run during RPG Limit Break 2017.
- So Okay, It's Average: General opinion is that the game has positives, such as a fun battle system, good music and decent character designs, but between its lackluster story and characters, samey environments, and low production values, it's average, especially compared to the games it's inspired by.
- What an Idiot!: It isn't very smart to have someone who was hired to kill you accompany you on your journey. Even Aeterna (very understandably) points out the problem.
YMMV / I Am Setsuna