- Alternative Character Interpretation: When it comes to Ron's good looks, is Harry envious or uncomfortable?
- Angst? What Angst?: Hermione does not seem to mind having her parents eaten by Ron.
- Bizarro Episode: The whole thing Runs on Nonsensoleum.
- Designated Hero: Most of Harry's actions and thoughts come off as mean-spirited (when they're not outright insane), especially whenever Ron is involved.
- Designated Villain: The Death Eaters don't attempt anything villainous throughout the story aside from planning to get rid of Harry's magic, which wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing given how Harry and his friends are portrayed in the story. The only thing that points to them being villains is that they "looked bad".
- Memetic Mutation:
- "Ron's Ron shirt was just as bad as Ron himself."
- "Hermione has forgotten how to dance."
- "BEEF WOMEN"
- One-Scene Wonder: Mr. Staircase, the Shabby-Robed Ghost. There is also the tall unnamed Death Eater who memorably wears a shirt mocking Hermione's dancing skills.
- Ron the Death Eater: Ron suddenly eats Hermione's parents for no particular reason.
YMMV / Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash