- Awesome Art: The two regular artists are Ethan van Sciver and Rafa Sandoval, with the guest artists doing very well too. The art is regularly praised, with the series being recommended even if the reviewer doesn't like the plot.
- Broken Base: A ringless Guy winning against Arkillo in issue #16. Some fans feel it awesome moment for Guy while others feel like it's Character Shilling to make Guy (and to an extent the human Lanterns in general) look better since Arkillo without his ring is someone who has gone hand to hand with Mongul.
- Fan Nickname: Some people on Reddit and 4Chan have referred to the book as "Hal and Pals".
- Funny Moments:
- #4 had Sinestro gloating about the Fear engine to Guy, only for the latter's ring to run out of power, and with it, Guy's clothes.Sinestro: (Facepalm) Gardner, how did the Green Lantern Corps ever accept you into its ranks?
Guy Gardner: You telling me your undies aren't bunched up under that uniform? And anyway, if you are going to spout out your butt, I might as well show you mine.
- Guy was still Going Commando throughout the whole scene, and only when Sinestro ended his Evil Gloating did he fulfill Guy's request of giving his clothes back.
- #4 had Sinestro gloating about the Fear engine to Guy, only for the latter's ring to run out of power, and with it, Guy's clothes.
- It's the Same, So It Sucks: The Guardians of the Universe still being incompetent and obstructive to the Corps has caused some groans from fans.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!:
- More than a few people are upset at Venditti's handling of Kyle Rayner. Namely, that his time in the Omega Men doesn't seem to have changed him at all. Given how beloved Tom King's Omega Men run is, it upset more than a few people.
- The alliance between Yellow and Green Lanterns was highly well received. The forced dissolution ended up with some fans dropping the book altogether.
- Unexpected Character: Rip Hunter. This is his first official appearance in New 52 universe.
- Win Back the Crowd: Seems to be this if after the latter parts of New 52 run severely harmed interest.
YMMV / Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps