- Epileptic Tree: In the climax it's kind of hard to tell exactly who is controlling Suki/Eva's body; Maybe she herself using the last bits of consciousness left to her, The Jagrafess deciding it didn't like The Editor trying to abandon it, or Kathica in the same way she took control of Station Five, giving her friend her revenge.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The Doctor kicking Adam out of the TARDIS for bad behaviour is this considering the actor Bruno Langley was kicked off Coronation Street in 2017 for sexual misconduct. He had recorded a Big Finish audio earlier that year, but this also scuppered chances of further audios.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: There's a news report on how the Face of Boe is pregnant. Then watch the end of Last of the Time Lords where it's implied that Jack will become the Face of Boe in the future. Makes his comment from Torchwood about never wanting to get pregnant again even funnier.
- Retroactive Recognition: Cathica (Christine Adams) went on to have a lead role as Mira in Terra Nova.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: This story is widely regarded as the weakest of Series 1, partially because of this. We hear of a massive conspiracy that is influencing the Human Empire, yet we barely see any of the Human Empire. MrTARDIS said this might not have been such a bad thing if the characters didn't keep mentioning how big and diverse the Human Empire was without showing it, and says this is the sort of story that can't really be told in 45 minutes. That's not to say we can't go back to it someday... as long as somebody remembers to... Doctor Who is a very vast place and it's easy to lose track of things. "Planet of the Ood" at least gave a morsel of the second empire; here we see a glimpse of the fourth, and a very bare glimpse of it at best. It's interesting to consider that it's probably because Russell T Davies originally pitched this story to Andrew Cartmel in 1987, when it would have had 100 minutes, not 45, to use.
- What an Idiot!: Adam. The very first trip he goes on, he tries to use future knowledge for profit and then lies about it right to the Doctor's face.
YMMV / Doctor Who S27 E7 "The Long Game"