- Alas, Poor Scrappy: Mooky is very obnoxious, but he didn't deserve to die like that...
- Awesome Music: It's from the guy who did the soundtracks of Ghost in the Shell, Dark Water, and Maison Ikkoku, among other things.
- "Escape", the music played during the "Race Against the Clock" moments.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks!: The game's main gameplay flaw, being that ludicrous amounts of health and ammo pickups are thrown at the player, combined with the fact that the monsters are generally very slow, also combined with the fact that the weapons available are very powerful means that the game generally has very little challenge to it.
- Memetic Mutation: It's been shilled by Segata Sanshiro!
- Narm: The voice acting. All of it.
- John's particular goofy way of catching a key card in one cutscene.
- An attempt at a Jump Scare of a body dropping from the ceiling is made hilarious by the stock splat sound effect and no animation whatsoever from the body in its descent. Stock sounds that sound way too cartoony also undermine several other scenes throughout the game.
- There's also the matter of the mutated cow near the end of the game.
- Never Live It Down: How Commander Clansy sees his demotion from a submarine commander to leader of an underwater base. The trouble is that his "one mistake" was torpedoing a passenger ship full of civilians in contested waters before a war. In context, his "punishment" was incredibly light. Worse, judging by the way he took it, he views himself as the bigger victim than the people he killed.
- So Bad, It's Good: The voice acting. Dubois gets a shout out in-particular with his shrill falsetto fusion between Dame Edna and a South African!
- Shipping Goggles: If Deep Fear was bigger than Final Fantasy, than perhaps John and Gena would qualify. If she didn't transform into an atomic beauty to defend a monkey that is!
- Tear Jerker:
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: It's obvious that this game is a rip off of Resident Evil, while not storywise to the Resident Evil series, it has similar gameplay and has a plot that involves a virus that turns people into monsters. (Not a man made virus though, a space virus.)
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Obvious Resident Evil inspiration aside, there's plenty in the game's main setup that could stand on its own as a uniquely-flavored Survival Horror, but while it does capitalize on some ideas (including the existence of an oxygen mechanic, taking advantage of the unique setting), the actual plot and execution leave a lot to be desired.
- Uncanny Valley: The FMV cutscenes, full stop. The characters' facial features just look...off. This is compounded by their unnatural, jerky movements and gestures.
YMMV / Deep Fear