- Ensemble Dark Horse: Despite the player being unable to save her, Lotte is the most popular of Jennifer's friends within the fandom.
- Narm: While he does add to the tension of the first game being as he can show up from out of nowhere, Bobby himself seriously looks like Angus Young. Once you see it, he becomes a lot less frightening.
- Nightmare Retardant: In the first game, the Scare Chord that plays when something scary happens can make some events over-dramatic and ridiculous. Also some of the ways Bobby can spawn, such as falling on the keys of a piano, can be pretty silly.
- The Scrappy: Anne from the first game gets flak from fans because one of her four lines has her teasing Lotte's nervousness shortly after arriving in the mansion.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Players sometimes confuse Lotte from the first game as a boy. Her walking sprite does depict her with a large chest, but it's easy to miss the scene where she does move at all.
YMMV / Clock Tower (1995)